💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Tweet dragging Lana goes viral

Bambino

Featured Posts

Tom Nook

It’s a damn if you do, damn if you don’t situation personally I think she should say something but damn she needs a PR filter if people feel it’s disingenuous then that’s partially on them

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Varys
4 minutes ago, Red said:

I don't understand why what Lana has to say about racism is so important, is she magically gonna make people less racist with her tweets or something?

because last week she was accused of being tone deaf white femiist at the best and racist at the worst and she was dating a cop.

Many of her POC fans are hurt and dissapointed so the least she can do is say something and acknowledge her privilege and use her platform.

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Red
Just now, Varys said:

because last week she was accused of being tone deaf white femiist at the best and racist at the worst and she was dating a cop.

Many of her POC fans are hurt and dissapointed so the least she can do is say something and acknowledge her privilege and use her platform.

People don't understand that going to a celeb and telling them to speak up about something is basically preaching to the choir, people who listen to Lana already think black lives matter, it's just plain inefficient. It's different from correcting her ignorant thoughts, people do not want to educate Lana or raise awareness to anything, they just wanna hear their thoughts coming off of Lana's mouth.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Summerboi14

I don't care if she posts something or not. Celebs will get hate no matter what they say.

Like @FlopSlurper said Gaga got hate for what she did and haters will hate.

These people should protest and not dragging a celeb for not doing something.

freebit

I don't get this narative of "Well, she's too afraid to say anything. People were mean to her" when despite getting dragged, she kept coming back for more and more last week. :triggered:

Agunimon

You guys are saying that she should have said something about all this, but if she did, you guys would be complaining that she is using this as a means to get back in good favor with everyone.

You all just want someone to be angry at, so you choose whoever you can when you should be mad at the people in politics and law enforcement rather than girls who wear flower crowns and sing sad songs about daddies.

Aphrodizy26
41 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Nicki is yet to speak up (not that I'm expecting her to) and beyonce was silent up until 14 hours ago, but sure let's cancel gaga for releasing an album and lana for getting called racist over nothing :billie:

..... lana is white. do you see why this is an issue? 

StrawberryBlond

Lana can't do anything right at the moment. She realised that answering back probably made her situation even worse so she's wisely decided to remain quiet until it blows over and people find something new to be outraged about. If she responded to this now, people would drag her for trying to save her reputation by showing how much she cares about black people and laugh at what convenient timing it is, say that she's using a tragedy to win woke points. Life is very much "damned if you do, damned if you don't," especially now. Just because she's not responding doesn't mean she doesn't care. Saying something on Twitter won't make anything better, people need to realise that. What do you think people did before social media was invented? Kept their thoughts to themselves or spoke them to others. You didn't know what anyone believed and you didn't feel the need to. Reliance on social media has made us feel entitled to hound celebrities if they don't say how they feel about political issues now. How you feel politically is sometimes best kept to oneself. Silence can be a virtue.

1 hour ago, A R T P O P said:

LDR's romanticising of toxic relationships and a period of time that was unkind to POC and other communities has always seemed like a red flag to me :triggered:

I always despair of those who think she's referring to the bad stuff in that time period by referencing it. It's like those people who say that only white people can play the "which year would you choose if you could time travel?" game. They never seem to take into account that life wasn't particularly good for women in general in the past either but that doesn't seem to stop white women from participating in the game without a problem. We always pick and choose what we like about something. Lana clearly doesn't strive to be a 60's housewife (I don't know why this phrase keeps on coming up by her detractors, she's never sung about wanting such a thing), she's always sung songs about being with all different men, being free and has even said that the thought of marriage terrified her. She uses these eras as a sonic throwback, not in support of the actual social problems that were prevalent back then. Just because you like music from the 70's and before and base your musical style off them doesn't mean you actually want things to go back to that time. You're reading way too much into it because you clearly don't like her.

1 hour ago, Varys said:

Why can't she date a cop? Not all white cops kill black people. She's no longer dating the guy either, I believe. And in the videos for Venice Bitch and Norman F**king Rockwell, she was making subtle digs at the police force by throwing a milkshake at their car and taunting them while missiles are seen flying in the background, thought to be a reference to how cops are willing to go after smaller crimes over the more serious ones. But then, Lana's haters won't really know her work or her extensively enough to know what her true value are.

1 hour ago, freebit said:

I don't get this narative of "Well, she's too afraid to say anything. People were mean to her" when despite getting dragged, she kept coming back for more and more last week. :triggered:

Because she was trying to correct and clarify what she meant earlier. You have the right to reply if you've been misquoted or misinterpreted. But it just seemed to make things worse so she just went silent because she saw people were that against her that they'd never change their minds about her. She knows speaking out at this point would make her look even more tone deaf in their eyes. They'd drag her whatever she did right now.

FentyGa

yup. she was so liberated in speaking her mind about how she feels about black women and their success, but when it comes to standing up for a pro-black cause, she’s silent. KEEP THE SAME ENERGY

shame
1 hour ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

..... lana is white.

she is?

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

angels forever, forever angels

freebit
11 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Lana can't do anything right at the moment. She realised that answering back probably made her situation even worse so she's wisely decided to remain quiet until it blows over and people find something new to be outraged about. If she responded to this now, people would drag her for trying to save her reputation by showing how much she cares about black people and laugh at what convenient timing it is, say that she's using a tragedy to win woke points. Life is very much "damned if you do, damned if you don't," especially now. Just because she's not responding doesn't mean she doesn't care. Saying something on Twitter won't make anything better, people need to realise that. What do you think people did before social media was invented? Kept their thoughts to themselves or spoke them to others. You didn't know what anyone believed and you didn't feel the need to. Reliance on social media has made us feel entitled to hound celebrities if they don't say how they feel about political issues now. How you feel politically is sometimes best kept to oneself. Silence can be a virtue.

I always despair of those who think she's referring to the bad stuff in that time period by referencing it. It's like those people who say that only white people can play the "which year would you choose if you could time travel?" game. They never seem to take into account that life wasn't particularly good for women in general in the past either but that doesn't seem to stop white women from participating in the game without a problem. We always pick and choose what we like about something. Lana clearly doesn't strive to be a 60's housewife (I don't know why this phrase keeps on coming up by her detractors, she's never sung about wanting such a thing), she's always sung songs about being with all different men, being free and has even said that the thought of marriage terrified her. She uses these eras as a sonic throwback, not in support of the actual social problems that were prevalent back then. Just because you like music from the 70's and before and base your musical style off them doesn't mean you actually want things to go back to that time. You're reading way too much into it because you clearly don't like her.

Why can't she date a cop? Not all white cops kill black people. She's no longer dating the guy either, I believe. And in the videos for Venice Bitch and Norman F**king Rockwell, she was making subtle digs at the police force by throwing a milkshake at their car and taunting them while missiles are seen flying in the background, thought to be a reference to how cops are willing to go after smaller crimes over the more serious ones. But then, Lana's haters won't really know her work or her extensively enough to know what her true value are.

Because she was trying to correct and clarify what she meant earlier. You have the right to reply if you've been misquoted or misinterpreted. But it just seemed to make things worse so she just went silent because she saw people were that against her that they'd never change their minds about her. She knows speaking out at this point would make her look even more tone deaf in their eyes. They'd drag her whatever she did right now.

I actually think it would help her clear up last weeks mess a bit if she even posted the most mundane, basic statement about what's going on right now. She's really hurt some of her fans with what she implied.

Gagas lil monster

I missed the Lana controversy last week. Would any like to explain it to me?

With Peace and love

SMILE2NE1

Let the girl live. She is definitely not racist and I am sure that what is happening now in America is affecting her. I hope she does speak up, but it does not make her the enemy if she doesn't. For all we know, she could have shut off all contact to the outside world after last week. 

Archived