Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

the cure really was serving some LG6 tease

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa

i mean i highly doubt gaga knew the LG6 concept, but the cure could somewhat fit the album (particularly with songs like fun tonight, stupid love, and free woman). it’s less experimental and more trop-house, but it has the same 2015 electropop sound. thoughts?

MaryJaneHolland

It would fit with Love Me Right on the deluxe, but not on the standard.

FrancoRedHawk

I agree with you! I hear The Cure in Love Me Right. It would fit the album. I'd probably change the instrumental, but it would work.

A R T P O P

I don't think so. The Cure is a little bit more contemporary than anything on Chromatica. 

It's all harmless bubblegum pop with semi-confessional lyrics, so I see the comparison. But musically I don't think it fits or foreshadows the album. 

The Cure sounds like an Ally Maine outtake :awkney:

OMonster

Sonically, The Cure is a lot lighter and far more trend-chasing than anything on Chromatica. 

And thematically, the song is about curing other people, whilst Chromatica is about curing herself. 

That said, I do see the correlation between the general theme of healing, and the 'airier' vocals she uses in both projects. 

Interesting thought :) 

subtext / fantasy

FfFfFfFF

It's way more R&B-ish and different stylistically than Chromatica which is all very dance and house-influenced.

FlopSlurper

The Cure had whales noises and the lead single from LG6 had monkey noises, maybe you're onto something :sick:

Just now, FlopSlurper said:

The Cure had whales noises and the lead single from LG6 had monkey noises, maybe you're onto something :sick:

Gurl what? :poot:

Sepsami

I'm just happy LG6 sounds nothing like The Cure :neyde: it's way too generic

Gracious Gaga

yeah it was prob written along w the rest of the album back in 2016 :selena:

there was some tropical house moments on chromatica and I was like ":what:"

♥ Kindness Police.

Glamourpuss

When I was listening to the album earlier today there was a part that reminded me of The Cure.

Just now, Glamourpuss said:

When I was listening to the album there was a part that reminded me of The Cure.

It was probably the melodies that played during the dance breaks like in Free Woman or Sine From Above

FentyGa
11 minutes ago, A R T P O P said:

I don't think so. The Cure is a little bit more contemporary than anything on Chromatica. 

It's all harmless bubblegum pop with semi-confessional lyrics, so I see the comparison. But musically I don't think it fits or foreshadows the album. 

The Cure sounds like an Ally Maine outtake :awkney:

so does fun tonight:trollga:

(it’s my second favourite song from the album dont come for me:huntyga:)

yes and

As it was mentioned above, The Cure is much lighter than anything on Chromatica, not only in lyrics, but in production as well. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Archived