Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"Sine from above" was intented for Elton only 7 years ago

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

Free My Mind
8 hours ago, ladygaga1984 said:

The song is a hot euro trash song that should have never have made the cut. I mean, it makes sense in an Elton’s album that no one cares about, but it’s just not good enough for a Gaga album. I really dislike the song. 

And, of course, because YOU don’t like it... it shouldn’t go on the album. Of course. It doesn’t matter if lots of people on this site say it’s a great song and even the best on the album for some. I’ve spoke to a few people, some not even Gaga stans, that have called it an album highlight. But you’re right, because you don’t like the song, it’s not good enough for the album.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo
12 hours ago, Sneaky said:

"7 years ago"

Yeah, it shows:billie:

Like don't even @ me, it sounds dated no matter how you cut it lol. 

But dated doesn't automatically mean BAD either, so..

@Sneaky what you gon do? I @ you. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

ImMatt

For me it's the best song on Chromatica. It's emotional and I felt a tear in my eye as the lyrics in the verses are just perfect. 

Gaga singing about her dreams 'praying for lightning' and Elton reflecting on his career that he 'felt immortal' and was 'nearly lost under the lights' are a perfect match. I'm not sure how much you guys know about Elton's story but, basically, he nearly hit the self destruct with drugs, alcohol and was lucky not to join Hendrix, Bonham, Winehouse and Cobain as someone who fell victim to the superstar lifestyle. He's said many times he felt he should have died because of his addictions.

Gaga sings she wanted that superstar life, Elton sings he had it but needed an escape: the music is what binds their stories. Music has its glorified highs and destructive lows and they met halfway when they heard the music or 'saw the sine'.

The fact there's TWELVE writers on this song also needs mentioning as it clearly would have been a very different song (I think possibly unrecogniseable and almost certainly not 'Sine' but 'Sign') when it was an Elton-solo. 

In short, Gaga's felt pain from this lifestyle (see Plastic Doll and Fun Tonight among others) but the thing that kept her (and many others, including Elton) going is the music.

buzzkill

The last part oF the music is golden. Thats what makes the music in parts so especial. So Prodigy 90s

Archived