"Sine from above" was intented for Elton only 7 years ago

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red
1 minute ago, Awakened M said:

Comments about it being dated are dated. :ladyhaha: Shut up!

One could say any song in the album is dated, lol

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Enzo
12 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

"7 years ago"

Yeah, it shows:billie:

Like don't even @ me, it sounds dated no matter how you cut it lol. 

But dated doesn't automatically mean BAD either, so..

Charli XBOX stan please :billie:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

CrimeanMiracle

This is an incredible song, one of my favorites on the album. The song that should get a Grammy. The ending of the song is something incredible!

Buy and stream “Chromatica”

X Dreams
2 minutes ago, OMonster said:

The end, imo, is meant to be a visceral explosion of how music saved both Gaga and Elton. 

It's the manifestation of all they're singing about - it's the 'sine' they heard. 

I also think, if you listen to it, it sounds a lot like a fast-forward track. So, the song itself depicts when they heard the sine and the end of the track takes us to the present where they're both established superstars healed by music. 

It's supposed to sound chaotic and explosive and unbalanced to represent the deep, unexplainable passion they have for music. 

That's just my view, of course. But with this interpretation, the song really moves me. There's something stunning about two major artists singing about how music saved them - particularly considering their past traumas. 

I was thinking similarly! When I hear the outro it almost makes me think of “life flashing before my eyes”. 

BleepBloop
Just now, Enzo said:

Charli XBOX stan please :billie:

...her music is as progressive as it gets in pop, so what's your point exactly? Cuz it's not like you just named someone who's known for  being dated:party:

Admin

“Recording Elton John on Skype from Australia is one of the most surreal moments I’ll never forget,” Burns adds.

Wait what? It was recorded on SKYPE?

Suuus
13 minutes ago, moonsago said:

I love it but I still skip the end, its the one part I do not understand lol

Same i was wtf is this ending

Reality
25 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

"7 years ago"

Yeah, it shows:billie:

Like don't even @ me, it sounds dated no matter how you cut it lol. 

But dated doesn't automatically mean BAD either, so..

I don't understand why y'all keep saying this album sounds "dated." 

Like, no it doesn't :billie: 

It takes inspiration from EDM, 90s House, funk, disco, etc, but that doesn't mean it's "dated." 

The song, and really this entire album, sound nostalgic, but with a fresher, more contemporary twist. I love it. 

🃏🖤👹

Reality
13 minutes ago, Red said:

I imagine Gaga re-wrote the lyrics

She most likely rewrote her verse, but I would think Elton's largely stayed the same. 

Knowing his past, it only makes the song that much more emotional and powerful. 

🃏🖤👹

BleepBloop
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

I don't understand why y'all keep saying this album sounds "dated." 

Like, no it doesn't :billie: 

It takes inspiration from EDM, 90s House, funk, disco, etc, but that doesn't mean it's "date." 

The song, and really this entire album, sound nostalgic, but with a fresher, more contemporary twist. I love it. 

No no, I ONLY talked about this one song, don't push this narrative on me now:huntyga:

Reality
Just now, Sneaky said:

No no, I ONLY talked about this one song, don't push this narrative on me now:huntyga:

Okay, touché.

I included the "album" part because I've seen a lot of people say that the album itself sounds dated. 

Still, you don't disrespect the BEST song on the album :vegas: 

🃏🖤👹

Red
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

She most likely rewrote her verse, but I would think Elton's largely stayed the same. 

Knowing his past, it only makes the song that much more emotional and powerful. 

I don't know, the song is heavely based in the Chromatica concept, I guess his verse could be in the early stages but the whole sine thing is probably new

Unless this is another Enigma situation where the core concept of something is not by Gaga :awkney:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

BleepBloop
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Okay, touché.

I included the "album" part because I've seen a lot of people say that the album itself sounds dated. 

Still, you don't disrespect the BEST song on the album :vegas: 

I know that it's the golden child of the album at the moment, but my mind was to be spoken:ohwell:

OMonster
8 minutes ago, Enzo said:

People acting as as if the song we have was fully made 7 years ago and not produced again by Bloodpop or something :awkney:

Right! And it's highly, highly likely the track was just a rough piece of instrumentation. 

More than highly likely, even. 

I mean, the whole 'sine' metaphor - that's Gaga. It's the symbol of Chromatica, after all. 

She and Elton wrote this song specifically. It's not like Gaga just recorded her vocals and that was it. 

They just used the same beat. 

subtext / fantasy

Archived