Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift... Who Will Have Bigger Legend Status?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Of the big female artists of our generation there was 5 that stood out a lot to me for huge success commercially and impact:

Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Adele and Taylor Swift... (Rihanna came a few years earlier but I think still close enough to consider part of the same generation)

Katy Perry has been burning out in success for some time tho and doesn't seem to be coming back. She had a good run and I love her but she seems mostly done now on a big scale

Rihanna was massive in terms of hits for so many years. But she is not talked about much when she doesn't release and doesn't have that kind of cultural impact. Given her major strength is just making catchy hits, especially if she doesn't release as much from now on, although she may always be remembered to some degree I don't think she will be considered as iconic as Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga

Adele is also huge and successful but I think she releases too infrequently to be the highlight of a generalization. I could be wrong tho feel free to disagree

So that leaves Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. Which of the two do u think will be the biggest icon and female legend of our generation?

At the current rate I'm thinking Taylor Swift but if Gaga's new current peak lasts a while and she has more success to come that could change! If Gaga has more successful movie eras to add to her legacy (like Cher did) that too may help!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music

that's hard 

I hope for gaga but I truly think they are different and both icons in their own right 

my two favorite people 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Spock

both will have the same, but for different reasons of course

who will love me when the night is over

Mr S

Taylor Swift is bigger, but I think Gaga has had the bigger impact.

But those are just my opinions. As for who the GP will consider? Probably have to go with Swift because Gaga while big is a big more niche whereas Swift is a bit more GP friendly. But I do think it's close.

Fanta

Very unpopular opinion: I think Taylor is the most overrated artist of our current generation. She has consistently delivered boring and stale material, and not one song she put out has been interesting or groundbreaking in any way, shape or form. I think putting her in the same category as Gaga is laughable.

I acknowledge the girl is talented, writes her own song and is one of the most successful singers today. However, material wise her discography is terrible. Gaga is a real legend. Take away Taylor's sales and that legendary talk is out the window.

GaGaAst

i stan both but if I be honest both are on the way but gaga will lose the race to Taylor in music if she doesn't release good material after Chromatica. Taylor has never had a flop and she is consistently delivering without flopping  

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Luna Lovegood

Gaga is versatile. She has Oscar, 11 Grammys, 2 Golden Globes with her lead role on ASIB, a critical and commercial success, grossing over $436 million worldwide and receiving praise + she’s dominating on the streaming era. She’s a legend. 

luna’s advocate

Xardas

I don't think Taylor will be nowhere near to Gaga in terms of legend status. She has never done anything legendary nor innovative. She was commercially successful but that is all. Gaga has had a lot of showstopping moments in her career since day 1. She's gonna be Michael Jackosn level legend or more, If she keeps doing what she's been doing last 12 years. Taylor had her 5 minutes and that's all I think. She isn't that kind of artist who can adjust to every turn in music trends, neither can she create these trands any longer. Gaga has proven she can do both

IG: @bartoszprazuch

DiskoBaby
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Of the big female artists of our generation there was 5 that stood out a lot to me for huge success commercially and impact:

Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Adele and Taylor Swift... (Rihanna came a few years earlier but I think still close enough to consider part of the same generation)

Katy Perry has been burning out in success for some time tho and doesn't seem to be coming back. She had a good run and I love her but she seems mostly done now on a big scale

Rihanna was massive in terms of hits for so many years. But she is not talked about much when she doesn't release and doesn't have that kind of cultural impact. Given her major strength is just making catchy hits, especially if she doesn't release as much from now on, although she may always be remembered to some degree I don't think she will be considered as iconic as Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga

Adele is also huge and successful but I think she releases too infrequently to be the highlight of a generalization. I could be wrong tho feel free to disagree

So that leaves Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift. Which of the two do u think will be the biggest icon and female legend of our generation?

At the current rate I'm thinking Taylor Swift but if Gaga's new current peak lasts a while and she has more success to come that could change! If Gaga has more successful movie eras to add to her legacy (like Cher did) that too may help!

The Beyonce shade :reductive:

I see you gurl

Economy
1 minute ago, Mr S said:

Taylor Swift is bigger, but I think Gaga has had the bigger impact.

But those are just my opinions. As for who the GP will consider? Probably have to go with Swift because Gaga while big is a big more niche whereas Swift is a bit more GP friendly. But I do think it's close.

2 minutes ago, Mr S said:

6 minutes ago, Pop Music said:

that's hard 

I hope for gaga but I truly think they are different and both icons in their own right 

my two favorite people 

I too think its close and hard to tell right now

I definitely think it will be between the two of them tho in terms of biggest female legend of our generation.

Economy
1 minute ago, DiskoBaby said:

I see you gurl

It's not Shade. Beyonce been known since like 1999

Her peak was not in the same generation. She was the same Generation of Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Pink! Those were her generations contemporaries 

RenegAde
6 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

i stan both but if I be honest both are on the way but gaga will lose the race to Taylor in music if she doesn't release good material after Chromatica. Taylor has never had a flop and she is consistently delivering without flopping  

I completely understand  you but achieving  legend status is not just  about "sales". You  have to  find that rare balance of Sales , Accolades  and Talent which i think gaga is winning at right now

Mr S
1 minute ago, DiskoBaby said:

I see you gurl

I think the consensus is Beyonce has already reached legend status. The next question is, who will join her? And it's between Gaga and Taylor. Rihanna retired, Adele is a bit of a different type of artist, Katy is done.

Archived