đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift... Who Will Have Bigger Legend Status?

Economy

Featured Posts

Sumeet
22 minutes ago, Economy said:

I feel like Lady Gaga will be more of a Cher or Madonna... Versatile and iconic in artistry and cultural impact

Taylor Swift more like a Mariah Carey. Simply legendary for being so commercially successful for so many years with lots of hits, big tours and album sales 

Yes I agree. 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jprince99x
Just now, GaGaAst said:

taylor doesn't have it?. She has sales, accolades and talent. 

Gaga is in a different league and no one can be compared to her. But there's no single path to legendary path. Amy winehouse is considered legend with just few materials and years in music industry. 

Taylor was en-route to legendary status, but lost her credentials when she released this song and radio pushed it so hard

everyone saw that she was just selling out for another hit. People really dislike this song after radio pushed it down our throats.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Guest Adarsh

I like Tay but she simply does not have the RANGE. Can she make an album like TFM, then be nominated for best actress and then create a masterpiece like Chromatica? Lol 

vixdean
16 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

I don’t think these new kids have a clue who Madonna is and frankly I don’t think I’ve heard Madonna on the radio in years. Atleast cyndi gets played on the radio.

That’s absolutely not true.

If you actually check radio data, Madonna and MJ still remain two of the most played artists to this day, and Cindy in way down on the list. How wouldn’t they? They have two of the most incredible catalogues of any musician out there.

The kids today might not care about Madonna - and the top 40 radios that they listen don’t play them - but that doesn’t mean they don’t know who she is. 

Legends are not dictated by 12-18 year-olds. They cross generations.

jprince99x
21 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Gaga

Adele

Taylor

Katy 

Rihanna 

In that order :vegas:

No one can dispute this! Adele and Gaga might take turns every once in a while.

TheArcher
3 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

obviously Gaga, I don't think Taylor has THAT impact outside US 

Taylor is bigger than Gaga in ASIA, OCEANÍA and NORTH AMERICA. 

Gaga is bigger in Europe and South America

Taylor is untouchable... She is even bigger than Madonna.. 

Gaga should release more in the future and chose good movies 

Economy
2 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

Taylor was en-route to legendary status, but lost her credentials when she released this song and radio pushed it so hard

everyone saw that she was just selling out for another hit. People really dislike this song after radio pushed it down our throats.

I like that song tho :enigma:

vixdean
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well that must vary by area then cuz here in Toronto Madonna is one of the most played older artists especially in Adult Contemporary Cyndi not that much (only girls just wanna have fun once in a while)

Of course it is. She is without a question one of the most played artist in Adult Contemporary across the globe.

Galactic Mess

Being a foreigner myself, I have the impression Taylor is nowhere as big internationally as Gaga. I think she might be bigger only in the US/Canada (I don't know for sure, since I don't have the exact numbers).

I think Gaga will surely be more remembered in the long run, even if it may be a tie commercially. She's had a lot more mediatic/cultural impact than Taylor, who isn't remembered by much more than her hit songs and the Kanye West episode, which was more about him than her. Gaga's also managed to be successful with very different kinds of music (pop, electronic, jazz, rock, ballads, etc.), showcasing her talent in a scale Taylor hasn't yet.

Anyway, I find Taylor utterly boring. :madge: Can't stand that pop-country style of hers, and her efforts in electro dance music (one of my favorite genres along with rock and classical) have been... disappointing. She's too "teenage girl" for me, and the songs I know from her sound silly. I find Gaga way more interesting. She's always up to something, even if she misses the mark sometimes, so I take her much more seriously and enjoy her work much more. Can't fathom why anyone would put them in the same category.

A R T P O P

Gaga is a once in a generation talent that Swift will never be. 

GaGaAst
1 minute ago, jprince99x said:

OMG i completely forgot this mess. I agree with you now. 

I am more into pre 1989 taylor and didn't even remember this existed. But lover is a fantastic album. So she isn't completely out of league. I am honestly rooting hard for her nowadays. So I might be sounding like a teen obsessed fan :messga:

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

jprince99x
2 minutes ago, vixdean said:

That’s absolutely not true.

If you actually check radio data, Madonna and MJ still remain two of the most played artists to this day, and Cindy in way down on the list. How wouldn’t they? They have two of the most incredible catalogues of any musician out there.

The kids today might not care about Madonna - and the top 40 radios that they listen don’t play them - but then doesn’t mean they don’t know who she is. 

Legends are not dictated by 12-18 year-olds. They cross generations.

Come on. Every 12-18 year old knows and loves Micheal Jackson. Madonna on the other hand-

I was literally at a party last night and someone put on MJ and EVERYONE knew the songs. If I had put on papa don’t preach my friends would have made me turn it off :laughga:

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

No one can dispute this! Adele and Gaga might take turns every once in a while.

Th collapse if they actually did a collaboration :nooo:

End Racism Now

KORG

Sales wise.. Taylor. Gaga has had far more success that transcends financial transactions.

Archived