đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift... Who Will Have Bigger Legend Status?

Economy

Featured Posts

jprince99x
1 minute ago, Mr S said:

I mean she's an outlier and can never belong in conversations about the pop girls. She kind of debuted as a legend.

Oh I see. She’s so great the pop girlies can’t even compete :giveup:

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester

Unnecessary thread :huntyga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Sherloid Bai

well gaga is only 5'2 and taylor is like 6ft so

jprince99x
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

I dunno. Madonna and Cyndi Lauper are both legends of the same generation but I think it's obvious one is even more recognized for leaving a mark

No one respects cyndi lauper like that. Her singles were fun and forever will be part of our lives, but her albums were absolute messes. 

Lord Temptation
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

That's like Cher. It was literally constant ups and downs but she always made comebacks and her peaks were remembered well

And we all know Cher is larger than life, which permeated her entire career. Unlike, for example Barbra and Bette, both equally as talented and iconic but kind of obscure now (comfortably retired of course but have happily turned their backs on the fame) because they didn’t have that spark. 

Economy
Just now, jprince99x said:

No one respects cyndi lauper like that. Her singles were fun and forever will be part of our lives, but her albums were absolute messes. 

But I think if ur known by almost everyone 40 years after u came out including people born after your peak ur still kind of a legend

But not on the same level of someone like Madonna and that was my point

jprince99x
Just now, Economy said:

But I think if ur known by almost everyone 40 years after u came out including people born after your peak ur still kind of a legend

But not on the same level of someone like Madonna and that was my point

I don’t think these new kids have a clue who Madonna is and frankly I don’t think I’ve heard Madonna on the radio in years. Atleast cyndi gets played on the radio.

Fanta
7 minutes ago, plasticalice said:

Imagine typing this out and thinking you did something. Taylor had literal masterpieces like Cruel Summer, Lover, Cornelia Street, Death By A Thousand Cuts, Daylight, etc on her last album.....  Gaga had the most stale 2016 beat drops on Free Woman and Fun Tonight. They are both legendary but Taylor is definitely more consistent music-wise.

Imagine putting Gaga down to uplift another artist on her own fan forum, but unlike you I can appreciation it's your opinion and keep it moving.

Taylor is boring and basic, and if that's what works for her then great. I would never put her up against Gaga because she can't compete where she doesn't compare. 

Ricardo

obviously Gaga, I don't think Taylor has THAT impact outside US 

GaGaAst
30 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I completely understand  you but achieving  legend status is not just  about "sales". You  have to  find that rare balance of Sales , Accolades  and Talent which i think gaga is winning at right now

taylor doesn't have it?. She has sales, accolades and talent. 

Gaga is in a different league and no one can be compared to her. But there's no single path to legendary path. Amy winehouse is considered legend with just few materials and years in music industry. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Economy
2 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

I don’t think these new kids have a clue who Madonna is and frankly I don’t think I’ve heard Madonna on the radio in years. Atleast cyndi gets played on the radio.

Well that must vary by area then cuz here in Toronto Madonna is one of the most played older artists especially in Adult Contemporary Cyndi not that much (only girls just wanna have fun once in a while)

Economy
1 minute ago, Ricardo said:

obviously Gaga, I don't think Taylor has THAT impact outside US 

Taylor has been bigger than Gaga here in Canada for years :enigma:

TheArcher

BOTH ARE LEGENDS IN THEIR OWN WAY. 

Their music is too different to compare.

But if you wanna know why Taylor will be a legend... 

In terms of success, tours, sales, certifications, Taylor always gonna win. Taylor has the most awarded POP album and COUNTRY album of all time, and the FIRST woman to win the Grammy for Album of the year TWICE. 

Taylor's impact on the music industry is seen in her smart business moves, her songwriting is highly respected among artists, known as one of the best songwriters of her generation. Her fight with streaming services for a fairer payment to artists. Now her struggle to say that music belongs to the artist, not to the labels. Now she owns her discography (Taylor swift productions). 

Archived