💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift... Who Will Have Bigger Legend Status?

Economy

Featured Posts

Red
Just now, Economy said:

I dunno. Madonna and Cyndi Lauper are both legends of the same generation but I think it's obvious one is even more recognized for leaving a mark

I can't possibly reply to this with my honest thoughts without receiving a death threat

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk
14 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Take away Taylor's sales and that legendary talk is out the window.

12 minutes ago, Xardas said:

She has never done anything legendary nor innovative.

With Taylor, he approach is different. Gaga is definitely more artistic performance-wise, but Taylor takes a stand in a different way. She fought for artists to be treated better by streaming services, and won. She made a point for women's rights when she sued her sexual assaulter  for 1 dollar and won. She stood by Ke$ha in her legal battle against Dr.Luke. It's ok if you don't enjoy her music, but she does do meaningful things just in a different way than Gaga, which makes sense because if you look at them as people, they come from very different backgrounds.

However.

I think it's also important to note, that Taylor is only now starting to say "F-it, I will do what I want" (look at her Trump tweet 2 days ago) and starting to become more rebellious, something that Gaga always was. This can go both ways. There is a chance that Taylor will destroy her own legacy with her more unhinged attitude that she shows lately. She will certainly lose supporters as she becomes more and more outspoken. So her public perception decades from now is tricky to predict because she is changing up her strategy just now.

Economy
3 minutes ago, Red said:

I can't possibly reply to this with my honest thoughts without receiving a death threat

If ur talking about quality of work or people's value in terms of human life no one is saying one if more important than another if that's what's upsetting u

Literally no one is saying that

Love them both, but Gaga always wins.

Her versatility, her talent, her overall vision, her impact across all industries (not just music), the depth of her songwriting (it goes beyond just storytelling), her musicianship, her ability to understand everyone (not just the mainstream audience), her bravery & purpose...forever unique and incomparable.

Also, the fact that she was outspoken about equality from the beginning of her career* ...changes everything.

That’s just my two cents.

:vegas:

* Not that Taylor wasn’t ever for equality, it’s just that her music didn’t initially ‘fight for the underdog’. She became known for diary entries/heartbreak songs, y’know classic country music. Which is wonderful to listen to and well produced but not always necessarily groundbreaking or impactful. In fact, the other day I was trying to decide, “What’s her most popular song?” and I can’t really pick one. I can pick out songs I like and enjoy but I can’t figure out what her ~biggest hit~ is. Her albums have become more political and less boy-driven over time to adapt to the cultural climate, but Gaga’s always purposely made us think; she’s so ahead of her time in every song and project she’s ever produced.

jprince99x
17 minutes ago, Mr S said:

I think the consensus is Beyonce has already reached legend status. The next question is, who will join her? And it's between Gaga and Taylor. Rihanna retired, Adele is a bit of a different type of artist, Katy is done.

Come on. “Adele is a different type of artist” wtf does that even mean? Adele has more impact and no can argue otherwise. I don’t even like Adele all that much but in no way is Beyonce, Taylor or Katy Perry bigger/better than Adele. There is only a question that Gaga is bigger than Adele after shallow.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Lord Temptation

Taylor’s more consistent throughout her career but I feel that in the long term that that will also be viewed as her primary weakness: she’s been too average in her consistency. Whereas Gaga’s highs were higher and lows her far lower. Also Gaga has an iconic aesthetic and attitude. Taylor just has good songs and an okay voice. The answer to this question is easy.

Xardas

Taylor reminds me a lot Katy Perry in terms of career choices. Since she entered the mainstream, she's always played it safe, made very eye-pleasing music video, generic songs of which I like very few. Nothing that stands out. I really prefer her older work like haunted or you belong with me

IG: @bartoszprazuch

Red
Just now, Economy said:

If ur talking about quality of work or people's value in terms of human life no one is saying one if more important than another if that's what's upsetting u

Literally no one is saying that

My point is that someone reached the legend status, it doesn't go farther than that, you reached the final level, If you think someone is more than legendary than the other, the first one is a legend and the other isn't. Gaga and Taylor are legends. Period.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Shadow
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

I feel like Lady Gaga will be more of a Cher or Madonna... Versatile and iconic in artistry and cultural impact

Taylor Swift more like a Mariah Carey. Simply legendary for being so commercially successful for so many years with lots of hits, big tours and album sales 

This is why competition in artistry can be hard to split hairs with. One artist can excel in one talent or give a different spin on it while other artists bring something different. It's like trying comparing Da Vinci and Dali or Beethoven and Mozart. 

Silence those demons... . 🖤

plasticalice
23 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Very unpopular opinion: I think Taylor is the most overrated artist of our current generation. She has consistently delivered boring and stale material, and not one song she put out has been interesting or groundbreaking in any way, shape or form. I think putting her in the same category as Gaga is laughable.

I acknowledge the girl is talented, writes her own song and is one of the most successful singers today. However, material wise her discography is terrible. Gaga is a real legend. Take away Taylor's sales and that legendary talk is out the window.

Imagine typing this out and thinking you did something. Taylor had literal masterpieces like Cruel Summer, Lover, Cornelia Street, Death By A Thousand Cuts, Daylight, etc on her last album.....  Gaga had the most stale 2016 beat drops on Free Woman and Fun Tonight. They are both legendary but Taylor is definitely more consistent music-wise.

Economy
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

Taylor’s more consistent throughout her career but I feel that in the long term that that will also be viewed as her primary weakness: she’s been too average in her consistency. Whereas Gaga’s highs were higher and lows her far lower. Also Gaga has an iconic aesthetic and attitude. Taylor just has good songs and an okay voice. The answer to this question is easy.

That's like Cher. It was literally constant ups and downs but she always made comebacks and her peaks were remembered well

jprince99x
6 minutes ago, Creyk said:

With Taylor, he approach is different. Gaga is definitely more artistic performance-wise, but Taylor takes a stand in a different way. She fought for artists to be treated better by streaming services, and won. She made a point for women's rights when she sued her sexual assaulter  for 1 dollar and won. She stood by Ke$ha in her legal battle against Dr.Luke. It's ok if you don't enjoy her music, but she does do meaningful things just in a different way than Gaga, which makes sense because if you look at them as people, they come from very different backgrounds.

However.

I think it's also important to note, that Taylor is only now starting to say "F-it, I will do what I want" (look at her Trump tweet 2 days ago) and starting to become more rebellious, something that Gaga always was. This can go both ways. There is a chance that Taylor will destroy her own legacy with her more unhinged attitude that she shows lately. She will certainly lose supporters as she becomes more and more outspoken. So her public perception decades from now is tricky to predict because she is changing up her strategy just now.

Sis streaming services still treat artists like **** WAKE UP. Joanna Newsom has done more than Taylor on this matter. Gaga was literally in the courtroom with Kesha (but didn’t publicize it for clout like Taylor)

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Mr S
2 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

Come on. “Adele is a different type of artist” wtf does that even mean? Adele has more impact and no can argue otherwise. I don’t even like Adele all that much but in no way is Beyonce, Taylor or Katy Perry bigger/better than Adele. There is only a question that Gaga is bigger than Adele after shallow.

I mean she's an outlier and can never belong in conversations about the pop girls. She kind of debuted as a legend.

Economy
Just now, Red said:

My point is that someone reached the legend status, it doesn't go farther than that, you reached the final level, If you think someone is more than legendary than the other, the first one is a legend and the other isn't. Gaga and Taylor are legends. Period.

Legend status is not some legal official thing on a paper, it's literally public perception

So I don't know how u think one can't be bigger than another

There's lots of legends who are not thought of on the same level as Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Beatles etc

Those are like exeptional highlights for their era

Archived