Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift... Who Will Have Bigger Legend Status?

Economy

Featured Posts

ModernEcstasy
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

She was the first country singer to transition into more of a pop route

I wouldn’t say that would make her a legend! 
She pulls great numbers with her music (most of the time. Not always) and that’s all I am aware of! I wouldn’t call that legendary. 

Gaga has made real impact worldwide. 

Edit: Great PP by the way 😉

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
Just now, ModernEcstasy said:

I wouldn’t say that would make her a legend! 
She pulls great numbers with her music (most of the time. Not always) and that’s all I am aware of! I wouldn’t call that legendary. 

Gaga has made real impact worldwide. 

True, I agree. But she consistently sells RECORDS. She's one of the few artists who have been able to translate the pre-streaming era success into the streaming era success. Lover did like 800k first week. She definitely has a lot of impact globally.

But I think Gaga will be bigger because she has had a huge impact with changing pop culture and completely shifting in a different direction more than once, she sell a lot, she's a recognised vocalist and songwriter. Like she is the full package and I can see her being like Tony Bennett 

End Racism Now

YourCureness

Gaga has become a celebrity among celebrities. That's enough reason for you to consider that she is not on Taylor's level anymore. Or Taylor is not yet on that level. Once Taylor moves on to projects outside her music carerr and be extra successful, then we can talk about this topic later. 

I forgot Taylor actually did, and flopped hard with Cats...

YourCureness
On 5/31/2020 at 6:43 PM, daisy said:

Taylor went from country to pop.. She is the only one who could do this... She definitely changed the industry

She was successful indeed. but did not inspire country acts jumping to pop. so her switch did not shake the music industry the way Gaga did when she arrived. Every was shook and followed her moves. 

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

She was successful indeed. but did not inspire country acts jumping to pop. so her switch did not shake the music industry the way Gaga did when she arrived. Every was shook and followed her moves. 

Well for a country singer to still have success in the pop relm I'd imagine would be pretty difficult... especially for a young female to be taken seriously 

End Racism Now

YourCureness

the tea here though is that once Adele and Rihanna release new music, both will out stream both Gaga and Taylor :ladyhaha:

we have yet to see flops for Adele, Rihanna and Taylor. It will be very interesting to see how they will pivot there careers if they reach ARTPOP low. But then again they are never really that polarizing so I doubt they will receive the kind of backlash that Gaga had to endure.

Sepsami

Globally it's definitely Gaga. A lot of boomers don't even know who Taylor Swift is :air: my dad thought "he" was an actor :selena:

YourCureness
10 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Well for a country singer to still have success in the pop relm I'd imagine would be pretty difficult... especially for a young female to be taken seriously 

for sure. 

that's why Taylor's success, imo, did not really have much of an impact on both music worlds. did not seduce country artists to go pop, and did not seduce pop audiences to listen to country.

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, YourCureness said:

for sure. 

that's why Taylor's success, imo, did not really have much of an impact on both music worlds. did not seduce country artists to go pop, and did not seduce pop audiences to listen to country.

I mean... Florida Georgia Line, Kacy Mustgraves, Marren Morris, Lady Antebellum... those artists moved to a more country pop vibe. I think country artists are not as committed to going full pop, but Taylor did bring a wave of country acts to more of a country pop relm. Infact, Miley Cyrus has got to be the only other contry act to go full pop.

End Racism Now

Oyster

these threads are honestly so dumb to post on a gaga fan forum. hmm i wonder who people on this site will choose. come on now, if you’re actually interested in this question, don’t ask a biased source. 

stateofgaga
14 hours ago, JustTea said:

I know that Taylor has insane sales especially in the US, that's the biggest market so it makes sense that she has most sales. But her impact is not on Gaga's level. Gaga is more than a pop star, she's on another level and very successful everywhere even without the most commercial material. Gaga breaks boundaries and that's why she's so legendary. :oops:

Factually both are definitely impactful. Regardless if you find the boundaries Taylor broke as young female songwriter and her transition from country to pop remarkable or not :oops:

JustTea
11 hours ago, stateofgaga said:

Factually both are definitely impactful. Regardless if you find the boundaries Taylor broke as young female songwriter and her transition from country to pop remarkable or not :oops:

It's just that Taylor is a huge pop star while Gaga is much more than that. I feel like everyone, even metalheads, find Gaga as an exceptional and interesting artist. :legend:

Noir

Lady Gaga, is this serious? lmao 

flopheart

Rihanna is still very very popular and when she'll release her album or single I'mpretty sure will do VERY BIG numbers.

About Taylor and Gaga, don't know, i can't see taylor more than an average pop girl (better when she was country, way more appropriate to her)

Archived