💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Chromatica critically acclaimed

Caothan Mcbride

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

I told y’all the other day she’ll end up with a MC of 86 - ha year of birth :kara:

Speaking far too soon. We only have 13 reviews in so far.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lorde Von Kok

:vegas: rightfully deserved :vegas: 

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Lifeline
1 minute ago, Sneaky said:

What nonsense lol. You don't have to make an album to be able to rate it. Also the quality of the lyrics, production and structure isn't subjective at all. So no, critics don't just give opinions

Actually I disagree. For example, quality of lyrics can be subjective. A white person might  analyse lyrics by a black artist and call them bad because they can’t see the layer of black experience in those lyrics. In literary scholarship, white scholars have often been criticised for not having the critical eye for racial power dynamics in literature. 

Guest Adarsh
7 minutes ago, Lifeline said:

It won’t. NYT and Los Angeles time will drop it back to the 70s, they’ve always been notoriously harsh with Gaga. 

And better reviews will come after that? NME and Irish Times have dragged Gaga earlier but they praised her this time. Even pitchfork gave her new music Friday.

Roland

"The last time I mentioned Lady Gaga in The Irish Times I experienced an onslaught of online abuse, including death threats, ableist slurs and suggestions to kill myself, from her fans, her Little Monsters.

I had mentioned the singer in a review of Dua Lipa’s album Future Nostalgia, because the same week that Lipa brought her album release forward because of the coronavirus pandemic, Gaga announced she was pushing her sixth album, Chromatica, back.

Fan culture – or Stan culture, as it is known, in reference to Eminem’s 2000 single where an obsessive fan kills his girlfriend because Eminem didn’t respond to his letters – is an impassioned one: to Stan is to fight and defend your pop star against all haters and critics online. So, having experienced the effects of slighting Gaga – whom I am actually a fan of – do I play it safe and give in to the Stans or do I give an honest review? Let’s see."

- Irish Times

She is an actual fan and gets abuse for expressing an opinion.

This is awful :( 

flyaway
3 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

What nonsense lol. You don't have to make an album to be able to rate it. Also the quality of the lyrics, production and structure isn't subjective at all. So no, critics don't just give opinions

I'm sorry but these can be also included in the subjective territory. These can be interpreted in different ways, and yes sometimes there can be dull, but how th are critics supposed to make a statement about that? It tends to be based on what they know and what they know is "right", but beyond that there's place for a large debate.

That's why music is a really subjective matter. That's why a critic has to REALLY know about music. 

Mister G
11 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

The Metacritic is back up to the 80s :tony: 

Hopefully it stays that way cause this album, AT MINIMUM, deserves an 80. 

Yooooo wouldn’t that be crazy if it outranked The Fame Monster? If Chromatica has the power to do that then I think it’s safe to say only Gaga can outmatch Gaga.

Enomis

Around 80s is well-deserved. She'd deserve more, but we know she's polarizing.

In Italy, "Il Corriere" has reviewed it as a dance marathon which is difficult to digest and to listen till the ending track:saladga:

13 minutes ago, Kimihiro said:

I thought Slant gave her a middling one. 💀

this

TheSlash

I'm reading the Variety review rn. I'm not finished, but I had to share this:

"[...]returning to the dancefloor that spawned her and emerging with her best album since “Born This Way” — and possibly, song for song, her best yet."

GAGA.DID.IT.AGAIN :giveup: 

We don't deserve this phenomenal era :nooo: 

Ew, David!

Stefanotta

In Croatia, there is only one review, and is awful.

https://www.ziher.hr/chromatica-lady-gaga-recenzija/

TITLE translation: Gagas worst

review notes:

1. Gaga functiones at best when not writing and producing her own songs

2. Recycling old sounds from her opus

3. Sounds too similar to each other, repetative production

4. At the end, the commentator says he needed too “wash his ears” with Scheisse in order to forget “this post-pandemic circus playlist”

'Cause we are all our hair...

BleepBloop
12 minutes ago, MISTER GEEMATICA said:

Yooooo wouldn’t that be crazy if it outranked The Fame Monster? If Chromatica has the power to do that then I think it’s safe to say only Gaga can outmatch Gaga.

That doesn't make any sense lmao

"Only Gaga can outmatch Gaga" are you trying to say that TFM is the highest rated album/EP ever or what?

GregJA
4 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

That doesn't make any sense lmao

"Only Gaga can outmatch Gaga" are you trying to say that TFM is the highest rated album/EP ever or what?

Yes, the highest she’s ever received was 78 for TFM

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

Archived