💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why 1000 Doves is my Favorite Song on Chromatica

PrinceOfTheStorm

Featured Posts

PrinceOfTheStorm

I love this song so much, it's immediately jumped into my list of favorite Gaga songs, and its because of the message it gives.

I almost audibly cried when I heard this. The song is giving a message of saying it's okay to need help to do things or to have help, so you can fly like 1000 Doves.  I did eventually go into tears when I heard the Piano version.

The lyrics "I need you to listen to me, please believe me, I'm completely lonely, please don't judge me" and, "I'd do anything for you to really see me, I am human, invisibly bleeding" hurts too much but I relate. I struggle with some serious depression and I harbor my feelings to myself. I have always felt how I feel is something I need to carry the burden of alone and I always feel like I am losing. Even when people ask me what is wrong, I refuse to answer, I don't ever feel like I need to share and put my misery on others to get help, or make me happy. It's a horrible mentality I've had for years and it's chained me to the ground. But when I was finally cracked and felt my most vulnerable, I told my best friend about it. They have been there for me, even when I told them how much I absolutely hated myself and wanted to cry for being insignificant, they help put a smile on my face, or in this songs case, help me fly.

I'm a sucker for sad songs because its the best way to express how I feel, like P!nks "Nobody Knows". And this song does the same for me, a song that I can relate to, and see through the pain and enjoy the music and myself for what the song is and for who I am.

The Piano Demo and the album version are both absolutely beautiful, so thank you Gaga for this song, I've been needing this. That's all for my post, so if you read, thank you so much, I just needed to say something about why I enjoy this song so much. :kiss:

signing out

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TropicOfCANCER

I can’t get into this song at all. It’s just there to me. 

SpookyKid

I love the piano demo, the album version is the weakest song on the album imo, but the lyrics are amazing

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Ayoherewego

I'm so in love with the piano version I tear up every time ❤💓💞

GaGaAst

i get why people didn't like it as much as other songs. But for those like OP and me the lyrics resonates way too deeply 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Venus Rose

The only song on the album that had me in tears the night I listened. It felt so surreal hearing her sing those lyrics, and the song became an instant favorite for me as well. The piano version is so beautiful.  :heart:

Shaney

I fell in love with the song the moment I heard it. The lyrics resonate so much with me. I have trouble being there for myself when I need me to be strong. Having that one person by my side I’d do anything for to not lose because they mean so much to me and help me be my best self.

yeah, the song just hit a very deep nerve in me lyrically and I love Eurovision tracks anyways so it was really a win win for me. 

it’s my second favorite behind Alice.

2School4Cool

Thank you for this beautiful post. This is what music does when it is at its best. It heals people and helps them feel heard or less alone. This right here is the message of the entire album. I’m so happy you’ve found a song that you connect to so deeply and personally. (And Nobody Knows is a beautiful song too :happy:.)

:hug:

See The Best In Everyone

Chromatica Island

One of my favorites as well! It reminds me of when I had to go to mental hospitals (one was for cutting, and other times were for various scary dark thoughts) were I felt broken and unlovable because of my sick hurtful thoughts against myself and my parents for no reasons (turns out I have a type of ocd that stems from my autism, I got obsessed with certain bad and toxic thoughts and couldn't let it go, I can do it now, but back then I couldn't) I can now fly with 1000 doves!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

coutureecstasy

In my top 3 of the album for sure. Like how does she make something sound so sad and happy at the same time..?

HugoJG

I get you, and I love it so much too. The message is really beautiful and everything I was waiting from this song.
Seriously, you really need to hit rock bottom to understand what it means to want to get out of there and fly like 1000 Doves.

tumblr_osqxigdr7p1wsphtyo1_400.gifv

Cookie Tookie

This song broke my heart. It’s so relatable, but it also really allows us to understand that Gaga herself is not as confident, happy, or strong as we view her. She is human, and she also needs to be lifted up as well. 

It’s a brilliant song, and I love both versions equally. It’s one of my top favorites on the album. 

Heygirl22

Honestly my first listen to the album I cried during this song! The lyrics really touched me and I agree I also related to the song. It’s one of my favorites

“i cry more than I ever say”

i love her so much 💕 

Sumeet

It's my fav too. It's the only song on the album  that makes me emotional. The song is so relatable. :giveup::heart:

I really hope the piano version will win a Grammy for best pop vocal. 

yes and

The piano demo is such a masterpiece. It reminds me 'Is That Alright' a lot. I wish we had more stripped ballads in the future :bradley:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Archived