💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Chromatica stands at 81 on Metacritic

Roland

Featured Posts

Fanta
17 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Doesn't need a hit single to be an amazing album. Lemonade was extremely cohesive and tackled serious subject matters with near perfect production. Adele, Taylor, Gaga, Rihanna, etc. never breaking an 80 (all of them have at least one album that deserves a score in the 80s) is more of an issue than Lemonade rightfully earning a 92.

Lemonade was a cohesive albums with some good songs, but cohesiveness alone does not earn you a 92. It was ‘good’, but that’s it. 

Self-titled was more interesting to listen to. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
12 minutes ago, SchwineLove said:

In all honesty, I never listened to the album because I don't catch the hype, lol. And it comes late on Spotify, if I'm not mistaken. Will surely take a listen later.

It's definitely worth a listen even if you aren't a fan of Bey. The cohesiveness of the subject matters—particularly the infidelity storyline of sorts (the first song or so deals with infidelity, even the middle one references the earlier ones although it's about her father, and then the final closing tracks before Formation are about forgiveness)—combined with the almost seamless meshing of several genres is very impressive.

Genuine Guy 09
4 hours ago, Economy said:

That's great. Above 80 is rare right?

She's never gone above 80 

talk gretchen GIF

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

LilyLark
2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Lemonade was a cohesive albums with some good songs, but cohesiveness alone does not earn you a 92. It was ‘good’, but that’s it. 

Self-titled was more interesting to listen to. 

I semi-agree. I think Self-Titled in some ways was more interesting/innovative, but Lemonade imo was still the better album and excellent.

YourCureness
4 hours ago, Webb7 said:

Did her team pay for?

I dont think so. Its pretty to be impressed with FN if you compare it with Dua's first album. She set the standard too low for herself, FN seemed like Gold. That being said, FN is a very cohesive album. Deserves a high rating

YourCureness

I dont expect Gaga to get higher rating for Chromatica than 80 though. 

Critics cant always make up their mind with her. There is something to criticize about her it seems. 

DonnieDarko

The album will finish around 74-76 at the lowest. NYT will drag it, Pitchfork will be around 6.7-7.2 I guess. Let’s wait a bit. I don’t think many more reviews will be added. 

Loyalty
53 minutes ago, darkchylde said:

sooo like million reasons?

Million Reasons didn’t have any playlist support and it wasn’t a radio smash either. Dua’s a new artist and Warner have explicitly stated that they’re doing all they can to push Dua. I love Dua, but it’s easy to see through all of this. 

alice911

So all the reviews are in.. how many more we expecting? this phase of a Gaga era gives me so much anxiety where i wait for the reviews to stop coming so that we can get a fix MC score to latch onto.:bradley:

Archived