Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

911 and Mental Illness

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

NFRatwell

Ever since middle school I started to get OCD tendencies. If anyone else know what’s that’s like, then... you know. It got worse. Not the actions I had to do, but the thoughts that would creep in my mind. In high school, during my third year, I had a mental breakdown in my room at night, because the constant thoughts that filled my head were at their worst. It lasted for about an hour until I fell asleep. Ever since then, I’ve started to notice my mind shift to other things, including doubting my own intention and points of view. One of the things that wrecks me the most is bad news. I cling onto it, and it takes days for me to become at peace with it. There’s basically an almost constant back and fourth in my head about trying to justify my own stances and actions when I’m not distracting myself. 911 is such a relatable song for me because of this. It may not be my favorite song  sonically off the record, but those lyrics. I’m so happy Gaga put it out. And I’m so happy she released this album. So many of the songs I can relate to personally. I have much more to say but I don’t know how to. This album is amazing. 

Sepsami

The entire album is like a mental health awareness campaign but it's done effortlessly, she's a truly unique artist and the fact that she still has such mainstream success makes it even better :kara:

Monsieur D

4 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

911 is such a relatable song for me because of this. It may not be my favorite song  sonically off the record, but those lyrics. I’m so happy Gaga put it out. And I’m so happy she released this album. So many of the songs I can relate to personally. I have much more to say but I don’t know how to. This album is amazing. 

I get what you're saying!

She speaks for all of us! 

I have recently been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.  Sometimes our biggest enemy is no one but ourselves, I can relate.

I wish you nothing but happiness.

Maybe we'll have to live forever with our mental disorders, but at least we got someone to look up to, and somedays that means the world to me. It's special to know that you're not alone.

Mental health is important.

I hope you are doing well and allow yourself to feel everything, and you are not alone :heart:

palma

911 is so special to me. I have been battling with anxiety and PTSD for years now - and it's only been getting worse as I try to get away from the horrible country I'm living in. I have been feeling so counter-productive and self-consuming so this track really speaks to me. It may not have the biggest chorus on the album but I'm pretty sure this one will raise a lot of eyebrows in a good way. 9 years later and Gaga is still working hard to secure my mental stability while not even being aware of my existence :cryga: 

I'm thankful :vegas:

Lorde Von Kok

this is beautiful baby, and i hope this record heals you a least just a little :runhug: :sara: this is very inspiring. i want soon to share my story too, with stupid love this time, on another thread. 

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Chromatica Island

I have High functioning autism, depression, anxiety, and ocd as well and this album is a gift for me, especially 911, I take antidepressants and antianxiety medication and the song really helped me understand and get where she's coming from!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Monsieur D
15 minutes ago, palma said:

911 is so special to me. I have been battling with anxiety and PTSD for years now - and it's only been getting worse as I try to get away from the horrible country I'm living in. I have been feeling so counter-productive and self-consuming so this track really speaks to me. It may not have the biggest chorus on the album but I'm pretty sure this one will raise a lot of eyebrows in a good way. 9 years later and Gaga is still working hard to secure my mental stability while not even being aware of my existence :cryga: 

I'm thankful :vegas:

I think it's pretty amazing how she positively affects our lives, without even knowing her. 

I wish you the best! And even though you might feel like you're giving up sometimes, at the end of the day we all are capable and strong enough to make it through the dark times.

I hope you can achieve what you need to be happy :heart: 

palma
Just now, Mister D said:

I think it's pretty amazing how she positively affects our lives, without even knowing her. 

I wish you the best! And even though you might feel like you're giving up sometimes, at the end of the they we all are capable and strong enough to make it through the dark times.

I hope you can achieve what you need to be happy :heart: 

I know a lot of people call her out for being too outspoken on kindness stuff and make fun of the monsters for "saved my life" comments but -it really is true. I can't imagine where I'd be mentally without her positive reinforcement. 

Thank you so much for your kind comments too :kara:

Gaga would be very happy to see that she already started to spark conversation on mental health issues with this album :wub: This album really is about dancing through pain :tony:

Monsieur D
5 minutes ago, palma said:

Gaga would be very happy to see that she already started to spark conversation on mental health issues with this album :wub: This album really is about dancing through pain :tony:

We have no choice but to stan :firega:

And here's something that I was writing the other day... 

"It's so easy to get lost in the dark while thousands of stars shine above us.
We carry the weight of a past that blinds us. 

I know they say i'm unstable
But I already face it
I'm not the only one who fights against his mind

But I know I will win
Cause this race is my life
I might be broken, but that won't stop to fight
I know the enemy only exists in my mind
He's trying hard to defeat me from the inside
But he knows that i'm already on the good side".

LG666

Thank you for sharing this. When I heard this song, I cried.

I didn't make my first day of high school because I had a severe panic attack. After numerous visits to the doctor and more attacks, I was diagnosed with OCD and had to take medication. My first day of HS was 2 months in. Over the 4 years, I managed to get out of taking medication and found strength with Gaga's music. While I currently don't consider myself fully OCD, since it doesn't interfere with my everyday life, the OCD tendencies are always there but in subtle ways. I was so impressed and touched to hear my idol talk about mental illness in such a raw way on 911. 

OCD is also severely misunderstood. As a society, we make fun of it all the time and dismiss its seriousness whenever we joke about having OCD just because we are **** about organization. OCD is much more complex and exists in a spectrum, and is rooted deepy in anxiety and physical response to repetitive thoughts. 

Sending you lots of hugs! Please know you are not alone. Wow, it feels empowering to put this out on here. <3

TheBadRomancer

911 and Replay are amazing mental health tracks, for sure! 

NFRatwell
1 hour ago, LG666 said:

Thank you for sharing this. When I heard this song, I cried.

I didn't make my first day of high school because I had a severe panic attack. After numerous visits to the doctor and more attacks, I was diagnosed with OCD and had to take medication. My first day of HS was 2 months in. Over the 4 years, I managed to get out of taking medication and found strength with Gaga's music. While I currently don't consider myself fully OCD, since it doesn't interfere with my everyday life, the OCD tendencies are always there but in subtle ways. I was so impressed and touched to hear my idol talk about mental illness in such a raw way on 911. 

OCD is also severely misunderstood. As a society, we make fun of it all the time and dismiss its seriousness whenever we joke about having OCD just because we are **** about organization. OCD is much more complex and exists in a spectrum, and is rooted deepy in anxiety and physical response to repetitive thoughts. 

Sending you lots of hugs! Please know you are not alone. Wow, it feels empowering to put this out on here. <3

This. It’s a shame so many people dismiss it. I’m happy to hear you are better now, and thank you for the hugs! :hug: I feel the same. 

Maryjanesdope

I haven’t related to someone so much in a while! My Ocd started growing 8th grade and drove me to attempting suicide in junior year. Thankfully i got better, but thank god u cleared the air that ocd comes many forms such as thoughts cuz that’s how mine forms. Anyways i hope you’re doing well and i know we’ll Be able to do this:)

Archived