Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

No hard-cover vinyl

mezzanine

Featured Posts

mezzanine

We keep losing, she´s ruined it nah, just kidding, I was just following the tone of other posts. Why do you think that Chromatica's vinyl doesn't have a hard cover? to make the production and the price cheaper and sell more copies, to then also drop a new version in few months with extra versions (the hauslab ones) in 2 vinyls? it's the only reason i can think of with such f*ckING SERVE as a cover and it makes me angry every time i think of it

PinkJelly

She should do a gatefold with Chromatica Deluxe and maybe another with Chromatica Remixes :firega:

gagaxsebert

I don’t like the current vinyls available, it wouldn’t be as bad if we didn’t get the SERVE that is the Chromatica album cover 

Used to be HighRoad

Lighter

Hope we’re getting one with neon pink vinyl😍 wait Joanne already have that, maybe neon purple

RebeldeFaith

I don't like it either. I'm still ordering mine but it's such a missed opportunity to not have the amazing visuals the deluxe album has in a much bigger packaging, even if it's a little more expensive. I hope they make a special edition in the future.

Something something idk

eddyjeddy

It came yesterday morning (Sydney time) I was sooo excited to open it, once I did I was like :awkney:

ladygagafan1234

i would of liked a gatefold but i bought it with the cd so as a set it works.

mezzanine

Yep, I bought the standard yesterday in a shop here in Berlin, and today the Milky Clear from amazon has arrived... and it is the same... the transparent version... my g*y *ss thought that the milky clear version was a different one in white... the silver isn't sold in here either... plus we have no cassettes, etc., and I've had to order it all through her store with many shipping expenses each time... a ripping off queen, literally a ripping off queen

Dayman

Paper is cheaper than plastic - so it's not a price decision. It's an aesthetic choice. Also everyone is talking about a gatefold - but gatefolds are for 2-LP records. So it wouldn't serve a purpose to have one. If there is a paper one with the cover on it it would just have the cover and the back cover art of the either the hardcover book or CD case [and the liner notes it already has]. It wouldn't be that exciting of a difference. I think they chose the clear sleeve so you can appreciate the different color choices of the vinyl since if it was going to be a single sleeve they wanted a different packaging experience.

JaysAMess

Hopefully she releases a gatefold, just so it goes nicely with her other records.

Benji

I wish we were getting a hardcover because I wanted to display it on my wall but it is what it is.  I am looking forward to getting my vinyl regardless.

I can see a hardcover version being released down the line.  I think all of these special colours and picture discs are for the release only... they may do a more standard hardcover on the next issue.

Cookie Tookie

Is there any way we can create our own gatefold with the cover printed on it? 

gfarabello

I'm sure they will release an additional version later. It's just a sale strategy. Taylor only released Lover on vinyl a month later, after her fans had already bought the 4 deluxe different versions on Target. 

Just wait.

I know for a fact paper bags cost more to make than paper bags (i.e shopping bags), hence why they say reusing your plastic bags is more environmentally friendly than making an all-out swap to paper. For paper, it has a higher carbon footprint, manufacturing is harder. Think of deforestation and transport.

I assume that may also apply to vinyl packaging. I'm pretty sure a paper gatefold sleeve costs more than a plastic one. @Dayman

Daylight Jokers

Imagine giving this treatment to her best album cover to date.

Archived