Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

No hard-cover vinyl

mezzanine

Featured Posts

L E O
31 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Paper is cheaper than plastic - so it's not a price decision. It's an aesthetic choice. Also everyone is talking about a gatefold - but gatefolds are for 2-LP records. So it wouldn't serve a purpose to have one. If there is a paper one with the cover on it it would just have the cover and the back cover art of the either the hardcover book or CD case [and the liner notes it already has]. It wouldn't be that exciting of a difference. I think they chose the clear sleeve so you can appreciate the different color choices of the vinyl since if it was going to be a single sleeve they wanted a different packaging experience.

Absolutely not! Single LP gatefold exists (Cape God by Allie X is the most recent exemple that comes to mind), with one rigide, closed side, and the other one open for the vinyl! It's really a BEAUTIFUL way to showcase album's visuals, even if they're short! And Chromatica would DEFINITIVELY deserves it!

Dayman
10 minutes ago, L E O said:

Absolutely not! Single LP gatefold exists (Cape God by Allie X is the most recent exemple that comes to mind), with one rigide, closed side, and the other one open for the vinyl! It's really a BEAUTIFUL way to showcase album's visuals, even if they're short! And Chromatica would DEFINITIVELY deserves it!

I meant to write "typically" for 2-LP. It's not all that common for it though over all. I think they are saving a gatefold for a re-release that is an EP of some kind in a similar vain to all the BTW bonus tracks and bonus disc. Either way! I'm designing a gatefold version of the album now that can hold 2 records so I can make 2 to store all 4 versions I have coming so the PVC pouch doesn't degrade them eventually. I'll post pictures when I get it done and maybe share the file so everyone that wants one can make one too.

mezzanine
On 5/30/2020 at 6:01 PM, L E O said:

plus having another SERVE: the booklet on XL size in one of the sides

Archived