Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Create the Chromatica Ball setlist

DontCallMeAlice

Featured Posts

DavidLuis198

I spent some hours doing this setlist :huntyga:

I tried to make a story that links with the themes of the album of dancing through the pain. I took in consideration that she has to do her biggest hits, but I wanted to put them in a way that it made sense with the others songs, I put some 'deep cuts' but I didn't go much crazy cause I wanted to make something that she would actually do. Also, I see this tour thematically like a continuation of the story of Enigma, so some things may seem alike:

Spoiler

Spoiler

For the first act, I choose songs that show the Enigma of Lady Gaga, the global superstar with fun songs, love for fame and the fans. The song Enigma is like a welcome to this world of Chromatica, which she finds herself now, but also a welcome to the persona of Lady Gaga.

She then continues to show this part of her that's so fun with Stupid Love, Just Dance & Poker Face. And so we come to Paparazzi (this could be a remix, to make it a little more upbeat like the other songs cause this act is meant to be a non-stop party) and we see that part of Lady Gaga part that always dreamed of being a star, and chased this dream with all the strength she had. We have Applause, that is the artist saying that she lives for the fans and she lives for people knowing and adoring her work.

But at the end of the song. Everything kind of goes black and she sees herself alone even with everybody cheering for her. The dancers will still be applauding her, and dancing, and having fun, but it'll be like nobody can see her. She'll sing Fun Tonight trying to get their attention and try to make them listen to what she really feels, but all of them will ignore her, so she realizes that fame and adoration can't make her feel less alone.

At the end of the song, she will just look at the public while saying the last "I'm not having fun tonight" and everything will go black, and then it's the end of ACT I

ACT 1 - The Enigma

Chromatica I (Extended) (Interlude)

01. Enigma
02. Stupid Love
03. Just Dance
04. Poker Face
05. Paparazzi
06. Applause
07. Fun Tonight

------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

Spoiler

The concept of this second act is that we will know what's really going on behind the curtains of Gaga, the interlude with Aura is a welcome to the inside of her as a person, her struggles and fears.

When the interlude ends she appears at the stage, confused and starts singing Alice alone, as if she was in her mind, numb from the trauma, trying to discover where she is. The performance will have a disorienting feel to it, bringing to life the lyrics where she says she can't see her body cause she's stuck on her mind

The song will end when she says "DJ free my mind", then, we'll cut directly to Replay, and the dancers will appear dressed as scary and psychedelic creatures who will try to make Gaga give up. In the end "Your monsters torture me" she will be scared, kneeling on the floor talking something about her inner demons getting to her, but then, she'll remember about how music saved her before, and then will start singing the first verse and the bridge of Diamond Heart. So we'll hear Chromatica II (like if she was getting her strength back) and we go to 911, in this performance she will find the power to fight those monsters while she says that her biggest enemy is her. But this strength will soon turn into anger and bitterness, and she will put the cause of her problems on others, this will take place with Perfect Illusion, were she says she gave her everything to others, and they only used her, this will all turn to sadness again when she sings Plastic Doll, begging that people start seeing her as a person and not just some doll you can do whatever with.

ACT II - The Girl Behind the Aura

Aura Interlude

08. Alice
09. Replay
10. Diamond Heart (acappela excerpt)
11. Chromatica II / 911
12. Perfect Illusion
13. Plastic Doll

Spoiler

Spoiler

This act is about the more sensible side of Gaga, she's hard on the outside because of all she's been through, but if you give her time, you'll see the wonderful human she really is. And this will be the point of the Sour Candy Interlude, Gaga saying that we should be patient with her.

Then she'll start G.U.Y., a song where she says she can be strong and still be in charge, even being vulnerable. Then she sings Shallow, with the message of not being shallow and fighting for what you believe.

Then we get to the piano section, where she will sing Million Reasons (even wanting to give up, she still had one reason to come back, and it was the music). Yoü and I (let's be real, she will sing this song forever, even if the tour doesn't start with it, one day she will add it, and it's a great thing, cause Yoü and I live is amazing). And then at the end, she will sing Marry The Night, where she will accept all the bad things that happened to her, and all the bad parts on her, and move on as a winner still.

In the end, we will have an effect/interlude of Rain. Rain it's a symbol of change, and in this show, it will mean the change that music made in her life and the strength it gave to her to go on

ACT III - If You Give Me Time...

Sour Candy Interlude

14. G.U.Y.
15. Shallow
16. Million Reasons
17. Yoü And I
18. Marry The Night

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sine From Above it's like the heart of Chromatica, and here, it will mark the moment Gaga overcome the adversities thanks to the power of music on her life.

In Rain On Me, she'll celebrate the fact that she overcomes all that, and yes, she's not perfect yet, but she's alive and now she can go on

I see this performance of Born This Way as an in-between of the BTWB performance and the JWT performance, this song will be her singing and dancing but alone, like is only her and the fans connecting and celebrating life and liberty together

Free Woman will be like the biggest scream of freedom on the show, it doesn't matter what's wrong, what people did her wrong, she is a free woman, this is her dance floor, and she fought really hard for it, so she will use it. In the end, she will do a little mashup with Sheisse, mostly because this is also a feminist anthem where she sings that she can be strong alone, don't needing any man

ACT IV - And It Healed My Heart

Rain Interlude (Chromatica III)

17. Sine From Above
18. Rain On Me
19. Born This Way
20. Free Woman/Scheisse mashup

Spoiler

Spoiler

This ACT is going to be HUGE.

Bad Romance, is the good old performance of Bad Romance, lots of dance, lots of energy, it's an atemporal anthem and its iconic in any way she does it. Gaga is looking like the most stunning pop star in the world, the dancers will be wearing kind of formal clothes (but nothing that will stop them from dancing with everything they got).

And then we'll get to Babylon, and is going to be the biggest performance of the night. I'm thinking of it like the Swine performance on artRAVE which was pure energy! Gaga will sing this song with two backing vocals following her everywhere (like Madonna used to do at her Blonde Ambition Tour), and a lot will happen on the stage, it will be like the biggest party of the rich and famous in the universe!

There will be a lot of voguing, but there will also be lots of Paparazzi with flashing cameras following Gaga and taking pictures and treating her like she is a goddess, and she will not run from them, she will pose and dance and act like this is the best day on her life. There will also be journalists and newspapers talking about Gaga, people screaming and losing their sh*t because of her. It will be crazy. But resuming, Gaga it's the biggest star in the world in the biggest party in the universe, and everyone is crazy for her and will gossip about her, take pictures of her. and she will dance, with a lot of grace and poise, while also having a lot of fun going through this whole madness.

At the end of this song, all will go black and it'll all be in silence until the encore.

ACT V - Babble On

21. Bad Romance
22. Babylon (Extended Edit)

Spoiler

Spoiler

All of sudden, Gaga will appear on a piano singing Always Remember Us This Way as a testament that no matter what happens, we can always remember this moment of union, love, and kindness.

At last, she will start singing 1000 Doves, first, at the piano, but it'll soon become the album version (like Gypsy on the artRAVE). This song will be like the last connection with the fans at the show. A way of saying that she thank us for still giving her strength by loving and supporting her art all these years and that she will continue to fight for art and for what she believes in. THE END

Encore

23. Always Remember Us This Way
24. 1000 Doves

I don't know how to write in english

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SCHEISSEMONTRE
36 minutes ago, DavidLuis198 said:

I spent some hours doing this setlist :huntyga:

I tried to make a story that links with the themes of the album of dancing through the pain. I took in consideration that she has to do her biggest hits, but I wanted to put them in a way that it made sense with the others songs, I put some 'deep cuts' but I didn't go much crazy cause I wanted to make something that she would actually do. Also, I see this tour thematically like a continuation of the story of Enigma, so some things may seem alike:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

For the first act, I choose songs that show the Enigma of Lady Gaga, the global superstar with fun songs, love for fame and the fans. The song Enigma is like a welcome to this world of Chromatica, which she finds herself now, but also a welcome to the persona of Lady Gaga.

She then continues to show this part of her that's so fun with Stupid Love, Just Dance & Poker Face. And so we come to Paparazzi (this could be a remix, to make it a little more upbeat like the other songs cause this act is meant to be a non-stop party) and we see that part of Lady Gaga part that always dreamed of being a star, and chased this dream with all the strength she had. We have Applause, that is the artist saying that she lives for the fans and she lives for people knowing and adoring her work.

But at the end of the song. Everything kind of goes black and she sees herself alone even with everybody cheering for her. The dancers will still be applauding her, and dancing, and having fun, but it'll be like nobody can see her. She'll sing Fun Tonight trying to get their attention and try to make them listen to what she really feels, but all of them will ignore her, so she realizes that fame and adoration can't make her feel less alone.

At the end of the song, she will just look at the public while saying the last "I'm not having fun tonight" and everything will go black, and then it's the end of ACT I

ACT 1 - The Enigma

Chromatica I (Extended) (Interlude)

01. Enigma
02. Stupid Love
03. Just Dance
04. Poker Face
05. Paparazzi
06. Applause
07. Fun Tonight

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

The concept of this second act is that we will know what's really going on behind the curtains of Gaga, the interlude with Aura is a welcome to the inside of her as a person, her struggles and fears.

When the interlude ends she appears at the stage, confused and starts singing Alice alone, as if she was in her mind, numb from the trauma, trying to discover where she is. The performance will have a disorienting feel to it, bringing to life the lyrics where she says she can't see her body cause she's stuck on her mind

The song will end when she says "DJ free my mind", then, we'll cut directly to Replay, and the dancers will appear dressed as scary and psychedelic creatures who will try to make Gaga give up. In the end "Your monsters torture me" she will be scared, kneeling on the floor talking something about her inner demons getting to her, but then, she'll remember about how music saved her before, and then will start singing the first verse and the bridge of Diamond Heart. So we'll hear Chromatica II (like if she was getting her strength back) and we go to 911, in this performance she will find the power to fight those monsters while she says that her biggest enemy is her. But this strength will soon turn into anger and bitterness, and she will put the cause of her problems on others, this will take place with Perfect Illusion, were she says she gave her everything to others, and they only used her, this will all turn to sadness again when she sings Plastic Doll, begging that people start seeing her as a person and not just some doll you can do whatever with.

ACT II - The Girl Behind the Aura

Aura Interlude

08. Alice
09. Replay
10. Diamond Heart (acappela excerpt)
11. Chromatica II / 911
12. Perfect Illusion
13. Plastic Doll

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

This act is about the more sensible side of Gaga, she's hard on the outside because of all she's been through, but if you give her time, you'll see the wonderful human she really is. And this will be the point of the Sour Candy Interlude, Gaga saying that we should be patient with her.

Then she'll start G.U.Y., a song where she says she can be strong and still be in charge, even being vulnerable. Then she sings Shallow, with the message of not being shallow and fighting for what you believe.

Then we get to the piano section, where she will sing Million Reasons (even wanting to give up, she still had one reason to come back, and it was the music). Yoü and I (let's be real, she will sing this song forever, even if the tour doesn't start with it, one day she will add it, and it's a great thing, cause Yoü and I live is amazing). And then at the end, she will sing Marry The Night, where she will accept all the bad things that happened to her, and all the bad parts on her, and move on as a winner still.

In the end, we will have an effect/interlude of Rain. Rain it's a symbol of change, and in this show, it will mean the change that music made in her life and the strength it gave to her to go on

ACT III - If You Give Me Time...

Sour Candy Interlude

14. G.U.Y.
15. Shallow
16. Million Reasons
17. Yoü And I
18. Marry The Night

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Sine From Above it's like the heart of Chromatica, and here, it will mark the moment Gaga overcome the adversities thanks to the power of music on her life.

In Rain On Me, she'll celebrate the fact that she overcomes all that, and yes, she's not perfect yet, but she's alive and now she can go on

I see this performance of Born This Way as an in-between of the BTWB performance and the JWT performance, this song will be her singing and dancing but alone, like is only her and the fans connecting and celebrating life and liberty together

Free Woman will be like the biggest scream of freedom on the show, it doesn't matter what's wrong, what people did her wrong, she is a free woman, this is her dance floor, and she fought really hard for it, so she will use it. In the end, she will do a little mashup with Sheisse, mostly because this is also a feminist anthem where she sings that she can be strong alone, don't needing any man

ACT IV - And It Healed My Heart

Rain Interlude (Chromatica III)

17. Sine From Above
18. Rain On Me
19. Born This Way
20. Free Woman/Scheisse mashup

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

This ACT is going to be HUGE.

Bad Romance, is the good old performance of Bad Romance, lots of dance, lots of energy, it's an atemporal anthem and its iconic in any way she does it. Gaga is looking like the most stunning pop star in the world, the dancers will be wearing kind of formal clothes (but nothing that will stop them from dancing with everything they got).

And then we'll get to Babylon, and is going to be the biggest performance of the night. I'm thinking of it like the Swine performance on artRAVE which was pure energy! Gaga will sing this song with two backing vocals following her everywhere (like Madonna used to do at her Blonde Ambition Tour), and a lot will happen on the stage, it will be like the biggest party of the rich and famous in the universe!

There will be a lot of voguing, but there will also be lots of Paparazzi with flashing cameras following Gaga and taking pictures and treating her like she is a goddess, and she will not run from them, she will pose and dance and act like this is the best day on her life. There will also be journalists and newspapers talking about Gaga, people screaming and losing their sh*t because of her. It will be crazy. But resuming, Gaga it's the biggest star in the world in the biggest party in the universe, and everyone is crazy for her and will gossip about her, take pictures of her. and she will dance, with a lot of grace and poise, while also having a lot of fun going through this whole madness.

At the end of this song, all will go black and it'll all be in silence until the encore.

ACT V - Babble On

21. Bad Romance
22. Babylon (Extended Edit)

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

All of sudden, Gaga will appear on a piano singing Always Remember Us This Way as a testament that no matter what happens, we can always remember this moment of union, love, and kindness.

At last, she will start singing 1000 Doves, first, at the piano, but it'll soon become the album version (like Gypsy on the artRAVE). This song will be like the last connection with the fans at the show. A way of saying that she thank us for still giving her strength by loving and supporting her art all these years and that she will continue to fight for art and for what she believes in. THE END

Encore

23. Always Remember Us This Way
24. 1000 Doves

I had you until I saw Chromatica I without Alice and the addition of G.U.Y.

Mychal

DavidLuis198
20 minutes ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

I had you until I saw Chromatica I without Alice and the addition of G.U.Y.

I put Alice after cause I think it makes more sense with those other songs. G.U.Y. was me not having other song to put it there :P I thought of TEOG, but I think it didn't fit

I don't know how to write in english

czarnyptak

I think 25 songs would be perfect

The Fame: 3 

The Fame Monster: 2 

Born This Way: 3 

ARTPOP: 1

Cheek To Cheek: 0:ladyhaha:

Joanne: 1

A Star is Born: 2 

Chromatica: 13 

ACT 1:

Intro: Who's that girl? [interlude including elements of her past eras personas flying to Chromatica. Pain happening during past eras EXPOSED)

1. Rain On Me (first verse acapella, way slower, rest of the song the same but fully sung by Gaga, and during outro I hear the thunder coming down, won't you rain on me? Chromatica Ball text starts popping on the LED screens)

2. (Chromatica I) Alice

3. Applause

4. Free Woman

5. ScheiBe

ACT 2

Intro: ALL I EVER WANTED WAS... Impact, Love, Equality, Kindness each screamed in the interlude

6. Stupid Love [shortened, PI teas:messga:

7. Bad Romance

8. Paparazzi

9. Fun Tonight

10. Enigma

ACT 3

Intro: Dance through pain. Kindness rules. Born This Way Foundation advert.

11. Born This Way

12. Babylon

13. Just Dance

14. Sour Candy

15. Poker Face

ACT 4

Intro: People can attack you but you have to survive, very empowering

16. Replay

17. Telephone

18. Plastic Doll [Joanne era images popping on LED screens during the bridge]

19. [Chromatica II] 911

20. Shallow [Grammy version]

ACT 5

Intro: You can always recover after a bad experience, soon you'll get better, cause you have to (TSwift teas)

21. Million Reasons

22. Always Remember Us This Way

23. 1000 Doves [album version]

24. [Chromatica III] Sine From Above

25. The Edge Of Glory

Hot 100 Final Predictions: lady gaga the queen #1 (debut)

Suspiria

I would be happy if she just did Chromatica from start to finish in the album order.

However I worry she's at a 'legacy artist' point in her career where, due to the fact she has so many hits now, all her tours from now on will just be Greatest Hits. Like P!nk's Beautiful Trauma tour - who had just released 2 full studio albums and yet performed a total of like 2 new songs:toofunny:

Spock

There's a special place in HELL for gays actively wishing for shortened versions :vegas: 

who will love me when the night is over

Guest ARTPOPSlays
On 5/29/2020 at 9:40 PM, spicedchy said:

Act I

Chromatica I

Alice

Dance In the Dark

Enigma 

(Sour Candy Instrumental Interlude)

Act II 

Stupid Love 

Poker Face/Love Game

Heavy Metal Lover

Bad Romance 

Act III

Chromatica II

911/ARTPOP 

Replay 

Monster/Fun Tonight  

Act IV 

Plastic Doll

Heal Me (w/ Extended Intro)

1000 Doves (Piano Version)

(1000 Doves Remix Instrumental Interlude) 

Act V 

Rain on Me 

Chromatica III

Sine From Above 

Marry The Night 

Free Woman

Encore  

Born This Way/Babylon 

:heat:

Wow, I’m actually in love with this set list! I’ve been having trouble coming up with one because chromatica is so different from her past work and tells such a specific story, but you did a great job at keeping the story true to itself but bringing it new life! I love DITD after Alice. Might put that on my own set list :giggle:

spicedchy
4 hours ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

Wow, I’m actually in love with this set list! I’ve been having trouble coming up with one because chromatica is so different from her past work and tells such a specific story, but you did a great job at keeping the story true to itself but bringing it new life! I love DITD after Alice. Might put that on my own set list :giggle:

Thank you!! I definitely wanted to make sure the additions made sense lyrically and sonically in the world of Chromatica. And I’m glad someone loves the idea of DITD after Alice as much as I do :flutter:

DontCallMeAlice

Honestly I won’t care if she doesn’t sing Lovegame, Telephone, Applause, Million Reasons and as much as I love it,  
 Alejandro (:bradley:). I feel like they have been performed way too much and I’d rather see her performing all songs of Chromatica and a few fan favorites like she did at the JWT.

Padam.

Opening (Contains Chromatica 1)

Alice 

Stupid Love 

Replay 

Fun tonight 

Interlude (Contains Chromatica 2)

Paparazzi (short)

Plastic Doll 

Interlude 

Enigma 

Dance in the dark (Short)

Sour Candy (only Gaga parts)

Alejandro (short)

Interlude (Contains Chromatica 3)

Sine from above (acoustic and solo)

Million Reasons 

Yoü and I 

Marry the night (acoustic)

Interlude 

Applause 

Telephone (short)

Pokerface/Just Dance

Interlude 

Bad Romance 

Born this way 

1000 Doves

Free Woman 

Encore 

Rain on me 

Babylon

JRCF29
7 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Like P!nk's Beautiful Trauma tour - who had just released 2 full studio albums and yet performed a total of like 2 new songs

If by 2 you mean like 12:bradley:

Don't Call Me Gaga

sillynate

1. New Chromatica interlude (Chromatica IV) 

2. Sine (Gaga descends from a giant sine symbol) 

3. idk I can’t create a whole set yet 

4. Babylon for encore 

5. MR for en-encore 

Paulchieffo

ACT 1
-Chromatica 1/Take Me To Your Planet (Interlude)
-Venus
-Alice
-Enigma/Aura
-Fun Tonight

ACT 2:
-Chromatica 2/Dance In The Dark (Interlude)
-Mary Jane Holland
-Replay
-Monster
-Judas

ACT 3:
-Chromatica 3/Rock Bottom (Interlude)
-Sine From Above
-Million Reasons (Piano)
-Shallow (Piano)
-1000 Doves (Piano + Regular last Chorus)

ACT 4:
-The hits megamix (Interlude)
-Just Dance
-Love Game
-Poker Face
-Telephone
-The Cure

ACT 5:
-Sour Candy/Girl Power (Interlude)
-Schiebe/Free Woman
-Plastic Doll
-MANiCURE
-Bad Romance
-Born This Way

FINALE:
-Babylon
-Stupid Love
-Rain on Me

Suspiria
14 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

If by 2 you mean like 12:bradley:

The show I saw had 4 from H2BH and 5 from BT. Then 12 old songs.

If Gaga released 2 full albums and less the setlist was from them I'd be a bit disappointed!

JRCF29
7 hours ago, Suspiria said:

The show I saw had 4 from H2BH and 5 from BT. Then 12 old songs.

If Gaga released 2 full albums and less the setlist was from them I'd be a bit disappointed!

I'm trying to think... I saw her before H2BH (a bit unfortunate, one of her best albums tbh) If I recall correctly the setlist was a bit heavy on older songs (fine by me in the case of BT:ladyhaha:)

But P!nk also has a music catalog dating back to 1999... and I'll never understand why some stans think they're above hearing the hits at a concert (not saying that's you). I would've been a bit disappointed if she hadn't sung BM(OLK), Funhouse, Who Knew, JLAP, Raise Your Glass (and for my leg she threw in I'm Not Dead, my favorite song of hers! 

Idk I think it's a tough balancing act, my preference would be for 30 song setlists each night but:smh:

Don't Call Me Gaga

Archived