thats why some of the album sounded so

Spoiler

dated :ally:

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KANEGAGA

I don't think it was really playing, cuz if so, then why is the video on a loop and the song ain't?  Just saying...

tomdsgn
1 hour ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Ok it’s def coming soon. They know we’re perched for it. I wonder how she’s going to release it. I have unrealistically high expectations that an EP is planned with remixes and a possible bonus track :enigma:

Imagine she did a Fame / Monster situation and she saved all the best songs the follow up EP :cryga:

POPARTHD
1 hour ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

I will say I absolutely love Babylon after 9 listens ! 

Did you share your full thoughts on the album? I wanted to read it!

Kubi
2 hours ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

Ok it’s def coming soon. They know we’re perched for it. I wonder how she’s going to release it. I have unrealistically high expectations that an EP is planned with remixes and a possible bonus track :enigma:

I also think this.

they call me angela vidal

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
18 hours ago, POPARTHD said:

Did you share your full thoughts on the album? I wanted to read it!

I don’t know where to put them !! Do we have a user review thread ?? Like where users of GGD put their reviews. I wanted to wait until Monday to have a good 3 days with the album. 

POPARTHD
16 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

I don’t know where to put them !! Do we have a user review thread ?? Like where users of GGD put their reviews. I wanted to wait until Monday to have a good 3 days with the album. 

Only thing I could find is a thread of someone asking if such thing (fan review thread) exists :fan:

Maybe you can do it like most people seem to be doing and just post it on the chromatica act IV thread

God Control

Wonderful song, one of the best on the album and deserve its own music video. Hopefully not dancing in front of a green screen this time. The lyrics is pure trash, but the beats are wonderful.

Dayman
2 hours ago, God Control said:

Wonderful song, one of the best on the album and deserve its own music video. Hopefully not dancing in front of a green screen this time. The lyrics is pure trash, but the beats are wonderful.

Awww I love the lyrics though! They have cute word play and a fun theme. They definitely serve for the purpose of setting a tone rather than being true poetic brilliance though. Only line I think is garbage is "A BloodPop Moonlight" it just is so clunky and just exists to be shout out to the producer. My favorite little line is the "sixteenth-century smile" most likely referencing the Mona Lisa. It's almost like a lyrical vignette with each line, a music video would really go far for the song.

God Control
2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Awww I love the lyrics though! They have cute word play and a fun theme. They definitely serve for the purpose of setting a tone rather than being true poetic brilliance though. Only line I think is garbage is "A BloodPop Moonlight" it just is so clunky and just exists to be shout out to the producer. My favorite little line is the "sixteenth-century smile" most likely referencing the Mona Lisa. It's almost like a lyrical vignette with each line, a music video would really go far for the song.

It’s just that the name “Babylon” makes one think of the ancient city or the Tower of Babel so you’d think of a more meaningful lyrics than a play on gossip and babbling on.

But visually, I want a TFM and BTW style long artistic video!

Dayman
1 minute ago, God Control said:

It’s just that the name “Babylon” makes one think of the ancient city or the Tower of Babel so you’d think of a more meaningful lyrics than a play on gossip and babbling on.

But visually, I want a TFM and BTW style long artistic video!

I think I expected something darker in lyrics before we knew them. But I'm glad it wasn't, the fact that it ended being a song about gossip mixed with ancient themes just ends up being such a nice unexpected juxtaposition. If it was straight forward I'd probably be a bit bored quicker, It feels more light hearted fun and filled with sass this way.

I'd love a long video, but kinda would just want it to be the entire Act III story line in one go. Going through Sine and Doves and then ending with a bang on Babylon in video format too would be iconic. Imagining her being transformed from pink tribe to the Sine/Chromatica style like in the promo shots would be great for Sine and then Doves could be them building a new city of Chromatica all together and her ascending to a position of leadership amongst the previously warring factions. Then BOOM Babylon an it's a her doing costume changes for every color tribe. Working her way through a city doing choreo. They could be bathed in gold light and climb the Tower of Babel. That whole stretch of the album paints a great picture of what could be possible visually speaking.

God Control
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

I think I expected something darker in lyrics before we knew them. But I'm glad it wasn't, the fact that it ended being a song about gossip mixed with ancient themes just ends up being such a nice unexpected juxtaposition. If it was straight forward I'd probably be a bit bored quicker, It feels more light hearted fun and filled with sass this way.

I'd love a long video, but kinda would just want it to be the entire Act III story line in one go. Going through Sine and Doves and then ending with a bang on Babylon in video format too would be iconic. Imagining her being transformed from pink tribe to the Sine/Chromatica style like in the promo shots would be great for Sine and then Doves could be them building a new city of Chromatica all together and her ascending to a position of leadership amongst the previously warring factions. Then BOOM Babylon an it's a her doing costume changes for every color tribe. Working her way through a city doing choreo. They could be bathed in gold light and climb the Tower of Babel. That whole stretch of the album paints a great picture of what could be possible visually speaking.

Reading what you said about Chromatica III, she could do a multi-song short film like The Weeknd did or GUY. She could do all of CIII or maybe any three songs. That would be amazing.

And that idea you mention about the Tower of Babel, perhaps something with the creatures and visuals of the booklet, would be absolutely amazing. I want her to wag out the tribes/clans. She seems to have written such a lore behind the planet and I wanna see more of it.

ItsLikeCody
4 hours ago, wucromaa said:

I can't create topics, can anyone tell me why?

You're a new user, babe

glagerfeld

So theres the David Bowie Version, the Haus Labs version and Album Version?

Archived