💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What if Alice was the lead single?

johnwayne1993

Featured Posts

johnwayne1993

I’m wondering, how would you have felt if Alice was the lead single? I don’t know if it my favourite song on the album or not, but it’s certainly up there. It just feels like the most obvious choice for me, slightly commercial, a modern but classic Gaga sound (the oo mama ooh mama ) lyrics.

How would it have changed the era for you? 

(Sorry if AP, if you don’t care, please just go elsewhere) 

codymonster

I think it would have caught more attention for sure. Especially if they made the video literally her falling down a hole into Chromatica. Would have set up the era better for what the style of music and lyrical content is.

AnglerfishbraBENUS

not sure about that.  It makes more sense in the context of the album and im glad it debuted there as we start the full journey

MoonIsRising

It would have been perfect. Stupid Love is a great album track but not lead single material. Alice or Enigma are lead single material. 

Genuine Guy 09

If it was lead, radios wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole 

As weak as people think SL is, it can be taken out of context and played on radio and taken legitimately alongside Blinding Lights and DSN. It's airplay this year has been MASSIVE. 

The others are very intertwined in the album and that's where they're best appreciated

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

PlasticDollGirl

It should of been, it would of been so much better. I hate stupid love 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

rasclautmangos

Given a proper video, I think it would have done well. 

RahrahWitch

While I LOVE Alice, It's too different for Radios. Stupid Love was the safest choice for a lead single.

Taylucifer

the music video would have smashed

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Mister Gaga

With a more appropriate/classic radio structure, i think it would have worked. It would be a proper lead single that doesn't put itself to shame, like SL

crybrowz

Society if Alice was the lead instead of SL

future.jpg

Also I don't agree with the idea of Alice being too "out there" to have done well. I feel like all things considered it's a pretty typical pop song structure and production wise, esp for Gaga. I just think it's catchier + more interesting than SL. 

Archived