💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The production for Chromatica was not it

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

AMENiCURE

Before anyone jumps on me, I love this album. I really do. I love the melodies. I love the lyrics, I think they're the best Gaga's had in quite a while. BUT, there is a slight complain whenever I'm listening to the album. The production. I probably might be the only one BUT I feel like the production is SUPER REPETITIVE rather than this "cohesion" narrative that everyone is claiming about. While I have no complains with the verse-chorus-drop structure on almost every track, the DROPS throughout the album are so unnecessarily repetitive. They are not dull at all, just VERY similar to every other single drop in the album. You know why it's an issue? The album gets tiring. Very tiring. I feel the drops are rather also very outdated, which I even confirmed with my local friend, and he said the same. The production is still neat, it's just the concept is not it. I feel like they could add more variety production wise i.e. having Haus Labs esque production and some more major influenced production from other producers like SOPHIE and overall, a super modern production. 

To end this with rather a positive note, this is the best era we've had from Gaga visuals wise. She's ruling everywhere. I love it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatica Island

That's how it's supposed to sound, it's 90s house with a modern twist. House music is repetitvive btw.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Chromatica Island

She is a genius to make this album!

dollardays

I agree that some decisions on production are predictable and it seems like they had a rule not to exceed 3 min per song so there's no room for much experimentation 

But I think that was a decision they made, it doesnt take away from the great pop album it is

Chromatica Island

You attempt to make a negative thread is not it:billie:

andy232000

I agree. while I am getting a little more used to most of the songs, my main issue was that half the album sounds the same. So much that i couldnt even tell the songs apart. I wished someone would have though about this because it really makes it harder to digest. 

I was sad the album was so short, but quite honestly, 10 more seconds on either song would have made it unlistenable. 

I will say the production is well done, but the genre does not lend itself for much innovation. I guess it was predictable, but I think if they had dialed it down a bit it would have been better. 

Cookie Tookie

I agree. Love the whole album, but the album is very one note in terms of drum pattern and sound. I wish Boys Noize could have taken over a few tracks as well. 

AMENiCURE
Just now, Monsterabriel said:

You attempt to make a negative thread is not it:billie:

I swear I'm not trying to be super negative here. I've never made such threads here. It's just something that bothered me and I wanted someone to confront me about it. 

EZNr3RBWAAEJx6k?format=jpg&name=small

Regina George

Sorry but this opinion is not it. Chromatica has an amazing production.

PlasticDollGirl

It’s very Britney Jean vibes. 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

• Admin locked this topic

Archived