2 hours ago, Mill said:

It’s very Britney Jean vibes. 

You can leave...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

I completely agree. 

The album has grown on me a lot but this is why I was initially disappointed. 

I expected much more especially seeing all the collaborators involved. 

It’s not BAD, it’s just not very innovative or interesting in many of the songs. It’s a sound we’ve heard before and that’s perfectly fine with some people. 

But for me, I had different expectations. 

This album is 100% a grower for me and I am enjoying more the more I listen. 

That being said, there are excellent songs on the album. 

2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

You're the one that's not it

Some of the replies in here... :excuseu:

Back to charts discussion thread. :kiss:

MonsterofFame

I agree!! The production is serving my Witness vibes. It’s excellent, but FLAT.

There needs to be more build up in volume and layers of sound. I can hear them but it sounds like it was muffled together. 

DelusionalGaga

Sadly, I have to agree. I think the album is brilliantly written and Gaga talks about some of the darkest stuff we haven't heard from her before. But the production is kind of a let down. In some places it's very uninspired and too pristine with basically no edge to it. One of the best moments production wise is Replay and it happens to be a song produced by DJ Burns and not Bloodpop. I honestly think it was a mistake to let Bloodpop handle most of the producing. Also, seeing that Gaga has not a single producer credit, I wish she had actually gotten more involved, similarly to ARTPOP. N E Way, that's just my 2 cents. 

djBuffoon

The main complaint about ARTPOP and Joanne was that the genres were too diverse. Now the complaint here is that the songs are too similar? :interestinga:

elijahfan
8 minutes ago, RZLNL said:

Some of the replies in here... :excuseu:

Back to charts discussion thread. :kiss:

It's not that serious tbh. But people making whole-ass threads to vent their negative opinions... I mean, first: get over yourselves, and second: what kind of replies do you even expect? :ladyhaha: Stupid thread, stupid answer.

tezbear91

I just had a Chromatica listening party with my bf who absolutely loves 90’s house music. He is from the era of that kinda thing which was a great response. He said the album was brilliant and we had a blast dancing with strobe lights and drinking beers. The production is brilliant. The atmosphere it creates is excellent. Your opinion is down to personal taste. Make a few cocktails and dance to this brilliant pop/house/disco album. Stop over thinking it.    

battle for your life.

Magui

I'm not 17 ... very, very far from it lol. I found the album very good, the way I was transported to my twenties .... the summer festivals, the sunsets ... dancing until the dawn . Maybe some people expected something more experimental or progressive.  In my humble opinion, I also found the production very good. It's impossible for me not to enjoy these songs. I'm probably a basic taste person. But at the end of the day what matters is the emotion that music brings, regarding the album the sound gave me the rush to dance and the lyrics the depth i wanted.

Fed up people not understanding house music. 

No. The songs are all very different to each other and I hear no repetition whatsoever. We can not sit here and say Alice, 911, Sine, ROM, SL all have the same drops, same melodies. That's not it at all. And this might be an unpopular opinion but Future Nostalgia's instrumentation all sounded very similar, more so than Chromatica. Cohesive album though.

Cerny

This thread reeks of cultist behavior.

Agreed, the production is the weakest element of the album. BTW and The Fame have a prominent throwback sound too, but they still sound fresh and unique, because Gaga and the producers played with the sound and put their own twist on it. With Chromatica however, they did the minimum, and it lacks any of the originality or interesting elements that made old-school house so great and instead it’s plagued with the same kick-snare groves, stock loops, drums, and effects, and mostly very uninspired sampling of traditional house, and there’s a reliance on dated musical tropes, as in EDM buildups, buildups that quickly deflate, I must say, and generic house beats. And if that wasn’t enough, the production sounds flat and muted. 

Gaga fell in love with and trusted too much in a singular producer (BloodPop), and the album suffered from it. Maybe she needed to work with some producers with broad and marked influences. BloodPop’s sound is one big cesspool of dated EDM, so sterile, there's no subtlety from his inspirations, or grit or character. I think Gaga lacks judgement and approved his heavy involvement based on friendship, wouldn’t be the first time.

It’s funny how Zane was gushing over those interludes, also.

Though, as I’ve been saying Babylon is the odd one, grateful for that one.  :lolly: Replay is good too but not as.

JRCF29
2 hours ago, dollardays said:

so there's no room for much experimentation 

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity

Don't Call Me Gaga

• Admin locked this topic

Archived