💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The production for Chromatica was not it

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

Sepsami

Please y'all just be grateful we got such a banging album, it can't get much better than this :saladga:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
steven

I agree with you, some of the songs are a bit too repetitive and make them forgettable (Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll). I do believe it could have been a bit more experimental in some way, I feel like the second half of the album (where Enigma starts) is much better in terms of production and originality.  

ladygaga1984

I completely get what your saying. The album has some perfect songs, but others are a bit predictable. I like it a lot though and I’m thankful she back to pure pop.

Cas Winchester

Don't attack him guys, he's entitled to his wrong opinion. 

andy232000
28 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

The songs are very distinct, idk what you're talking about. Babylon sounds different from Alice, which sounds different from Fun Tonight, which sounds different from Sine From Above, etc. 

This album is just cohesive. It's her most cohesive album to date. 

All the songs fit that amalgamation of EDM/house/funk/disco/dance pop, but that doesn't mean they all sound the same. 

I just feel like they all have the same production effects and typical drops. Im not familiarized with house music that much to really see a uniqueness in neither of the songs. Even if they have different sounds, they all follow the exact same line and I guess that lack of exploration is what makes it harder for me to really appreciate it. They all feel like a rehash of the previous song. I learning to love it more with each listen but I cant lie and say I think its her best work in my opinion. 

magicalgaga

As much as we'd love to see everyone be as happy with the album as the clear majority of us are, some people just won't and they're entitled to their opinion. Dragging them for that is unnecessary and uncalled for. OT was very civil and polite so there's no need to be that dramatic.

i was born this way, baby

dynamite
Just now, magicalgaga said:

As much as we'd love to see everyone be as happy with the album as the clear majority of us are, some people just won't and they're entitled to their opinion. Dragging them for that is unnecessary and uncalled for. OT was very civil and polite so there's no need to be that dramatic.

I wish everyone could be as respectful and open-minded as you, and not jump down someone's throat just for having an opinion.

Cello
27 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

nnn mess this was a bad idea maybe i shouldve kept it to myself:air: but hearing different perspectives is very helpful, i'm gonna def give the album more tries and consider what everyone said when listening to it

You've been polite and respectful. Some of the replies here are completely uncalled for. :kara:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

ear condom

the production of the album sure sounds nice and great if you're a 17 years old raised on Katy Perry's and Iggy Azalea's music and all kind of generic and mainstream stuff being put out all the time. 

And, for most of yall, if you're capable of like just 2 seconds of integrity and honesty, you deeply know that you're using the " it is supposed to sound like a 90's type of dance music "  to justify everything and anything...

The production isn't that great, same issue with ARTPOP.

In another vain, even Missy Elliott made fresher sounds 20 years ago. So yeah, it is supposed to sound like a 90's dance album, that's the global energy and it works on this part, but you can have a 90's inspired album and still have a poor production, one does not preclude the other.

Think of Scheiße.... Gaga's is capable of making great and original dance-pop tracks when she wants.

The only advantage of Chromatica is that it's a grower album. Visuals and lyrics are on point too.

It's funny because on this website you're never allowed to dislike anything. Go found a sect maybe

Before you come for me, know that I wish Chromatica all the best and success. Good thing for yall if you like it. 

zerojk

I understand what you say, with some exceptions, the album feels flat with the same beats song after song

Schwerk

I have trouble telling many of the songs apart at this point, mainly because of what the OP mentions.  

Also, 90's music is way more diverse than many people on this forum seem to think. I actually grew up with house music in Europe in the 90's and have a great love for it. I don't dislike this record, but I feel it could've had a bit more standout experimental songs. 

Personally I look forward to hearing these songs live with her band because I usually love how it amps up some songs. Or on a great soundsystem played really loud.

Her vocals are out of this world. I love how they played with her different vocal techniques and sounds. I also love how the subject matter and feelings she wants to express lyrically are very consistent in this record. She really is getting things out of her system it feels like, I really love that about Chromatica. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Cavadour

The fact the whole album sounds the same is a choice. Chromatica is like a single huge Gaga musical piece. The album is gapless or quite between tracks. It's a concept album. A musical triptych with interludes. A dance manifesto. (I'm still in the attempt of processing the whole cake before slicing it).

Prog rock was concept albums prolific during the seventies. And no matter of the artist, concept albums always required a more dedicated and in depth listening. They usually really appealed to die-hard fans only.

Therefore, I'm sure Chromatica will be not always be easy to digest in one single session. But as a whole complete dive dance experience, it's just unique and daring. And even if it was not concieved as the more casual 'bunch of songs' album, it's nothing short of pure moments of Gaga greatness you can delighfully appreciate by shuffling songs in your own playlist or pick a single one or two for a more detailed approach.

Currently, I skip SL when listening to the complete album. To me, it just doesn't fit in the sound bulk of Chromatica. It sticks out as less polished than the other songs. Released 3 month before it was maybe left at an earlier stage of production, I suppose...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Daylight Jokers

If Gaga wanted the album to be experimental, it would've been instrumental. The production is very slick, sophisticated and expensive. The smallest of details are very subtle that you only notice them upon your 5th or 10th listen. It just happened to not be the sound that you like. People outside GGD seem to be praising the production of this album as well. 

And what is up with this fanbase hating every producer that Gaga works with for her albums (RedOne, Zedd, Mark Ronson, Bloodpop)?

GhettoFabulous

You’re entitled to your opinion...:lolly: I totally disagree. Personally it’s her most cohesive album since TFM or BTW IMO. Like everything sounds so well put together like I honestly wouldn’t change a single thing :diane:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived