opinion

The production for Chromatica was not it

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy

I wish they’d been a bit more bold on the production side, I agree. BUT I can also acknowledge that I come for Gaga music to hear a scattershot of different things and that just isn’t what she offered this time. Still good songs here, just not the reason I like Gaga, you know? While she gets panned for it, I like when she jumps around genres and mixes different ones on albums. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad album, though.

Chromatica Island
1 minute ago, AMENiCURE said:

I swear I'm not trying to be super negative here. I've never made such threads here. It's just something that bothered me and I wanted someone to confront me about it. 

EZNr3RBWAAEJx6k?format=jpg&name=small

Well half of this site disagrees:billie:

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Dramatica

18hsxe.gif

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

A R T P O P

I think the album varies it up a little bit. Plastic Doll, 911 and the interludes kinda break up the 90s inspired house-y stuff. Replay in the back half is a little different. 

I'd suggest sitting somewhere and listening to the album on its own with no visual input, because if you look at the music on its own it is incredibly varied. It takes a few listens but the variation is definitely there.

A R T P O P

I think the album varies it up a little bit. Plastic Doll, 911 and the interludes kinda break up the 90s inspired house-y stuff. Replay in the back half is a little different. 

I'd suggest sitting somewhere and listening to the album on its own with no visual input, because if you look at the music on its own it is incredibly varied. It takes a few listens but the variation is definitely there.

Cello

The production seems very technically good, but some of it isn't to my taste, so I see what you're saying. I feel like the beat drops do get a little tiring by the time you get to Act III, but again, house music isn't my favourite genre. :) It's still an incredible album and Gaga's vocals and lyrics make it for me. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Rudz Xinc

Here comes 3 people I know that would I agree with the OP. :trollga:

I saw their negative posts everywhere. :saladga:

Look at those clowns

Reality
5 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

I agree. while I am getting a little more used to most of the songs, my main issue was that half the album sounds the same. So much that i couldnt even tell the songs apart. I wished someone would have though about this because it really makes it harder to digest. 

I was sad the album was so short, but quite honestly, 10 more seconds on either song would have made it unlistenable. 

I will say the production is well done, but the genre does not lend itself for much innovation. I guess it was predictable, but I think if they had dialed it down a bit it would have been better. 

The songs are very distinct, idk what you're talking about. Babylon sounds different from Alice, which sounds different from Fun Tonight, which sounds different from Sine From Above, etc. 

This album is just cohesive. It's her most cohesive album to date. 

All the songs fit that amalgamation of EDM/house/funk/disco/dance pop, but that doesn't mean they all sound the same. 

🃏🖤👹

gumzy3000

I think it does seem a bit repetitive. The song structures are more or less the same between songs and there are huge drops with EDM/House influenced beats. I think it actually works in favor here. The lyrics are some of Gaga's best and I think you can appreciate them and her vocals this way. The production, vocals and lyrics all work together well

trolly troll troll

xoxo Craig
14 minutes ago, AMENiCURE said:

Before anyone jumps on me, I love this album. I really do. I love the melodies. I love the lyrics, I think they're the best Gaga's had in quite a while. BUT, there is a slight complain whenever I'm listening to the album. The production. I probably might be the only one BUT I feel like the production is SUPER REPETITIVE rather than this "cohesion" narrative that everyone is claiming about. While I have no complains with the verse-chorus-drop structure on almost every track, the DROPS throughout the album are so unnecessarily repetitive. They are not dull at all, just VERY similar to every other single drop in the album. You know why it's an issue? The album gets tiring. Very tiring. I feel the drops are rather also very outdated, which I even confirmed with my local friend, and he said the same. The production is still neat, it's just the concept is not it. I feel like they could add more variety production wise i.e. having Haus Labs esque production and some more major influenced production from other producers like SOPHIE and overall, a super modern production. 

To end this with rather a positive note, this is the best era we've had from Gaga visuals wise. She's ruling everywhere. I love it.

No. The production is perfect for Chromatica 

End Racism Now

MaybeKermit
9 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Sorry but this opinion is not it. Chromatica has an amazing production.

Lol you're saying it yourself: "opinion" = subjective.

Blastertoyo

Have you heard Sine From Above? 

:ohwell:

please enlighten me to death

Regina George
1 minute ago, Funkymonkey said:

Lol you're saying it yourself: "opinion" = subjective.

Still not it.. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived