💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Tier Ranking Chromatica (+ Review)

ImCalledTT

Featured Posts

ImCalledTT

Hi everyone, 

Isn't the weather just lovely on Chromatica?

I ranked and reviewed the album over on my blog: https://toomuchtt.wordpress.com/2020/05/29/tier-ranking-chromatica-on-first-listen/

The tiers range from female excellence to the Rare album cover (:billie:) and I'm interested to see whether you agree with where I've put the songs. Here's a lil' spoiler of the fun... let me know what songs you think are greater than others, or you'd play at dinner with the Kushner's....

blurred-chromatica.jpg

Sound off below that you hate my opinions! :vegas:

PeachJug

Heeere we go :ohwell:

Yess finally JUSTICE for Fun Tonight , tier list come thru

"I touch on this in the video, but I have always had a knack of stanning the weirdest/most experimental song on an album" ---- SAME

Fun + 911 are my favs so far :firega:

Trxstan

enigma and replay deserved better :bradley:

not dove shampoo :giveup:

woop hey there keep scrolling

Esteban

Almost the same for me except "1000 doves" belong to the rare album cover and "Replay" is female excellence, I don't understand why this song is not a favorite here :cryga:

Venus Rose

Replay, honey, I'm so sorry. That song is a major highlight of the album, and that's on that.

oheyitso
3 minutes ago, Venus Rose said:

Replay, honey, I'm so sorry. That song is a major highlight of the album, and that's on that.

Girl I told him :triggered: I think it does take a while to get used to but girl it’s so fresh

JohnnyVersace

The absolute lack of taste putting Replay and Sine at the bottom!

A cackle! :oops:

Hello again! I spent the last two days listening to it, reading about it and watching the reactions. I might need help at this point :bradley:

But strangely enough I came across Owen’s reaction video on YT just a few minutes before the post. And I had a feeling that it might be you next to him on this thumbnail! After the journey with the previous ranks on your blog it almost felt like I kind of know you :awkney: a good video, guys, loved the vibe of you 2!

Now to the actual review and rank - almost totally different than my personal one, but it’s totally fine. Everyone is right and loved on Chromatica, right?

Replay at the very bottom hurts tho, it’s for sure in my top tier. And the songs in my rank don’t go lower than „no one thing is greater than another”, this is how satisfied I am with the album! But it had to grow on me, felt a bit disappointed with the first listen. Fingers crossed Replay will grow on you too :enigma:

It’s good to have you as a fan after all these weeks and albums! I hope you’ve enjoyed the it as much as your readers :pray:

ImCalledTT
47 minutes ago, PeachJug said:

Heeere we go :ohwell:

Yess finally JUSTICE for Fun Tonight , tier list come thru

"I touch on this in the video, but I have always had a knack of stanning the weirdest/most experimental song on an album" ---- SAME

Fun + 911 are my favs so far :firega:

Glad you agree on lots of bases, and especially feel me on finding and stanning the left-of-field songs on albums. It's the vibe that's got me hooked on songs like Teeth (Gaga obvs :oops:), It's Nice to Have A Friend by Taylor and Good in Bed by Dua :wtfga:

ImCalledTT
43 minutes ago, Trxstan said:

enigma and replay deserved better :bradley:

not dove shampoo :giveup:

ENIGMA WAS MY FAVE TRACK SIS

Spoiler

but we'll forget I ever hated on replay :derpga:

ImCalledTT
43 minutes ago, Esteban said:

Almost the same for me except "1000 doves" belong to the rare album cover and "Replay" is female excellence, I don't understand why this song is not a favorite here :cryga:

30 minutes ago, magicalgaga said:

You did Replay so dirty, hun :triggered:

42 minutes ago, Venus Rose said:

28 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

The absolute lack of taste putting Replay and Sine at the bottom!

A cackle! :oops:

At least I've found the Replay fan club with y'all... it's good its getting its appreciation, even if not from me. 

To be fair, it's been growing with every listen - it truly does have the 'replay' value so to speak it seems. I'd have def bumped it up to at least 3rd tier by now (I'm so fickle! :oops:)

ImCalledTT
19 minutes ago, kah said:

Hello again! I spent the last two days listening to it, reading about it and watching the reactions. I might need help at this point :bradley:

But strangely enough I came across Owen’s reaction video on YT just a few minutes before the post. And I had a feeling that it might be you next to him on this thumbnail! After the journey with the previous ranks on your blog it almost felt like I kind of know you :awkney: a good video, guys, loved the vibe of you 2!

Now to the actual review and rank - almost totally different than my personal one, but it’s totally fine. Everyone is right and loved on Chromatica, right?

Replay at the very bottom hurts tho, it’s for sure in my top tier. And the songs in my rank don’t go lower than „no one thing is greater than another”, this is how satisfied I am with the album! But it had to grow on me, felt a bit disappointed with the first listen. Fingers crossed Replay will grow on you too :enigma:

It’s good to have you as a fan after all these weeks and albums! I hope you’ve enjoyed the it as much as your readers :pray:

Love that's exactly what we should all be doing at a time like this - what better is there to do than to just staycation in Chromatica? 

Fun that you came across Owen's reaction video - glad you enjoyed!! I kinda owe my finding of Gaga down to him so it was really nice to be able to celebrate Chromatica with him and have a giggle (:ohwell: but don't tell him that because his head will implode) 

Replay is def growing on me with each spin to be fair! I was probably just being a little harsh, but I do stand by that Enigma is just so exhaustingly good for me that I'm a bit all over the place when Replay comes on. What were your top tiers then? Thanks for reading every week! Has truly been a lovely ride to broadcast this Gaga exploration, and receive such nice comments everytime!

9 minutes ago, ImCalledTT said:

Love that's exactly what we should all be doing at a time like this - what better is there to do than to just staycation in Chromatica? 

Fun that you came across Owen's reaction video - glad you enjoyed!! I kinda owe my finding of Gaga down to him so it was really nice to be able to celebrate Chromatica with him and have a giggle (:ohwell: but don't tell him that because his head will implode) 

Replay is def growing on me with each spin to be fair! I was probably just being a little harsh, but I do stand by that Enigma is just so exhaustingly good for me that I'm a bit all over the place when Replay comes on. What were your top tiers then? Thanks for reading every week! Has truly been a lovely ride to broadcast this Gaga exploration, and receive such nice comments everytime!

Glad Owen did that!

Replay is unique, it kinda gives me the vibe of Caravan Palace or Parov Stelar and that’s crazy for Gaga music. It suits your taste for this more experimental sound you mentioned (love for Teeth shoutout, I’ll never understand the meh it receives). Good that it’s growing on you.

My favs are Rain On Me, Stupid Love (Is it good? Is it sentiment?), Babylon, Sine From Above, Alice, Enigma, Replay, 911. Slightly lower I have Free Woman, Plastic Doll and Fun Tonight. Aand then we have 1000 Doves and Sour Candy. Still enjoyable, but far from the top now.

heavymlover

Taste came through :golfclap: I'd only switch two of the songs. I think Sine From Above is a career highlight. It's very anthemic and powerful. Not 100% sold on the outro, but I'm in love with the rest. On the other hand, I hate to say this given the situation, but Enigma is one of the songs I liked the least. I liked it, but I just couldn't find something to latch on to. 

I also quite liked 1000 Doves. Have you heard the bonus piano version? It's quite good. Perhaps that'll help with your crave for a ballad. 

Archived