💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Is there really nothing we can do about Slant/Sal Cinquemani?

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

homomo
9 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

It seems kinda irrelevant that he's a Madonna stan if you ask me. 

Also it's one bad review. It's not like it's gonna ruin the reputation of the album.

It’s one Madonna stan who has been giving 50% reviews to Lady Gaga for years. This isn’t the first time.

Lord Temptation

In Australia we have our very own OGH music critic in Bernard Zuel, who reviews for the Sydney Morning Herald. In his last Gaga review (for Joanne) he compared the songs to pieces of stool. Naturally, he is a massive Madonna stan. 

Truthfully, we can’t do much about these media hags. As much as i love her, a large part of Madonna’s success was down to her ability to use the media  that made them glorify her, and encourage her provocativeness. Mass media generally loves old pop and rock stars and gives newer acts a hard time (unless they’re teenagers, in which case they’re usually heralding them as the “future of something”).

So, honestly, all we can do is find these biased critics on Twitter and publicly call them out on their bias. But we have to remain above their level (let the truth speak for itself) and keep our criticisms of their criticism clear and objective.

Dramatica

Giving them attention will be serving them what they asked for on a golden plate.

Let their thread flop and die into the internet's graveyard.

As long as people are bopping their bussies to this album that's all that matters

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

March34th

I honestly feel like just ignoring it would be best. don't give him attention, he's pressed and clearly threatened by Gaga's existence in pop culture which is embarrassing.

Plus, it's one bad review, I doubt it will impact Chromatica in any major way :heart:

RahrahWitch

They're the minority, Just look at the reviews they're overwhelmingly positive. 

When everyone else is enjoying it and giving praise it makes them look bad not Gaga. 

Mr S
5 minutes ago, ice bear said:

sis most madonna stans are little monsters too... that's an arbitrary detail

It's not. A lot of the fanbases overlap, but there is a smaller group of Madonna fans who really dislike Gaga. This guy is part of that group.

The answer to the OP, in the end it doesn't really matter. That group is old and will eventually die off, that publication is not even a major one like Rolling Stone. They may eventually get bought out (they are even asking for donations on the site). But no there isn't much we can do. If we try to expose him, we will be disregarded as annoying monsters. And there is no one to email because he is one of the owners.

Bonkers

if that's all someone's got, let them have it.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

RedOneKonvictGaga

There should be considering they're obviously biased

Lets all email Metacritic now and get that score increased:coffee:

mezzanine

Believe it or not, critics like these are good and we need them. When everyone praises something, we react saying "bah, overrated", or "everyone is obsessed/wants to sell me this so desperately, so i'm gonna ignore it".

When there's good critics but then some bad judging or putting the work down, people want to confirm it, if they're fans because they don't agree or want to support the work, and if they're haters, to go afterwards and talk **** about it.

But the aftermath is the same. Streams, promotion, peaking charts, success.

So don't worry, enjoy and stream. I'm sure Gaga couldn't care less of a sh*t about this poor kid.

ice bear
9 minutes ago, Mr S said:

there is a smaller group of Madonna fans who really dislike Gaga

saying this and saying most of them like gaga is the same 

let their bitter asses fade into obscurity

ice heard one side from above

Creyk
11 hours ago, Marjol said:

Save the room on social media for there are bigger battles to fight right now. 

Not everyone on here is from the US.

Schwerk
29 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Not everyone on here is from the US.

I'm not. But I think stuff like this will give of a bad look. Depending on how you phrase it. A bad review that isn't even that bad isn't worth so much energy I feel. I think it's better to approach Slant more directly if at all then to start a big fuss on social media. 

It's clear this person barely took the time to listen to Chromatica and didn't research it at all. I mean thinking Enigma was sung at Enigma in Vegas? The whole butt rating is lame and anyone that's serious about music won't take this review seriously I think. If anything it makes them want to hear Chromatica for themselves and make up their own mind.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

flyaway

Does it change the fact that the album is so good? 

Does it affect the album sales?

Does it increase the streams of Madam X? 

Does it really matter?

Even if critics rated it as a 0/100, I would still blast it because it's THAT good. 

Archived