💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So...what were the tribes about?

just another gay

Featured Posts

just another gay

I have been busy bopping my ass in Chromatica. Then I realized we still didn’t get any info on the tribes idea...I thought I would have some answers after I got the physical copy but there wasn’t anything to explain the concept...

We have the 6 tribes from SL video, plus the silver one and also purple one from ROM single... but except for kindness punk we never REALLY know what the other tribes are about, esp cyber kid, junkyard scavenger ... 

so... I wonder are we still got to see more about the tribes or it was just a cute little concept for SL?

Lord Temptation

Different colours of the rainbow fighting to be seen :pawsup:

It was just a cute idea for the video, you guys overthink things way too much 

Bubblegum Bitch

To be honest, I forgot about tribes. :poot: It feels like she did it just for Stupid Love music video. :awkney:

elijahfan

Pretty sure we'll know more in the coming days. Then again, it's hard to know what we didn't get because of Corona.

SOON

I think it was a story created only for the video. How the world is so divided but that shouldn't stop us from loving each other and stopping fighting. :green:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

Blue wig

I really hope she's keeping the concept. Why would she use Chromatica I for the 2 teasers, making them emotional masterpieces preparing us to be swept away into the first single, and then use it again for the video itself, with the text explaining the backstory, if the tribes aren't used more? It just seems too much, like something too grand for a concept used for one single video... And why would the text mention the Spiritual Ones if they don't even appear in the only video with the tribes? Why bother finding a name and a symbol for them? It just doesn't fit a simple story like "tribes are fighting, Gaga stops them, the end"

Spoiler

Despite the slayage, I was a bit disappointed when the ROM lacked any symbol at all :(

But on the other hand, if I remember correctly, the tribe idea came from a stylist when they were brainstorming concepts for the video (don't know where she said that, maybe Gagavision; or maybe Richie said it). So that makes it sound like it's just for the SL video (because the album was probably finished at that point, too late to concoct an epic album-wide story of warring tribes, maybe)

It breaks my heart, but judging from everything up until now, I think it's just for the video and marketing material. The album itself sounds way too personnal to me for a story like that

Only time will tell, and hopefully she'll surprise us! At the very least, I think the tribes will be back for the tour, she likes having story-driven concerts :flutter:

• Admin changed the title to So...what were the tribes about?
ElfieMartini
23 minutes ago, Blue wig said:

But on the other hand, if I remember correctly, the tribe idea came from a stylist when they were brainstorming concepts for the video (don't know where she said that, maybe Gagavision; or maybe Richie said it).

I think maybe it was Nicola that said it in Gagavision 47. He was showing Gaga the colour ideas he had for the tribes and she instantly said 'I'm the pink one!'

That's not what I said, I asked you not to be one

Blue wig
17 minutes ago, ElfieMartini said:

I think maybe it was Nicola that said it in Gagavision 47. He was showing Gaga the colour ideas he had for the tribes and she instantly said 'I'm the pink one!'

Ah yes, thanks!

I really hope she uses it for the tour, she could be in a different tribe for each act, it would be so cool :excited2:

ElfieMartini
Just now, Blue wig said:

Ah yes, thanks!

I really hope she uses it for the tour, she could be in a different tribe for each act, it would be so cool :excited2:

Or the dancers could make up the tribes. She seems to have more dancers in this era. Her and Richie are auditioning and bringing in lots of new ones it appears. Maybe just for the MVs or maybe she will tour with a LOADS of dancers and put them into tribes! That would be way cooler imo. 

That's not what I said, I asked you not to be one

LostBoyfriend

Didn't she or someone else say that they changed the concept when the delay happened or something?

I remember reading about it.

But I mean, the symbols are very very prominent throughout the whole album itself and it's roll out. The symbols are shown differently on the Spotify Canvas of each song. So I guess we will be getting more info on them?

Also, does anyone else knows what will happen with Chromatica TV? I thought it would go live when the album dropped...?:huh:

PlasticDollGirl

On ACT 2:huntyga:

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Suuus
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Pretty sure we'll know more in the coming days. Then again, it's hard to know what we didn't get because of Corona.

To be honest i dont wanna know

Archived