• Created
  • Last Reply
pachinko
9 hours ago, 776673564747836765 said:

Savage is now #1 and Rain On Me will be on list next week 

How do you know for sure?

zakariah
9 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I don't think a #1 obtained as a featuring artist on some remix is valuable at all, but that's just my opinion

especially when the song in question was already gaining traction & hype on its own, before the remix :sis:

KORG

I heard a song on the radio that I like and it's going to hit number one soon. I'll record a verse for it and then it will be MY number one.

Jumping on an already rising song shows a total lack of integrity.

Are we counting DC just to stick to the script?

If we are, then we need to look at people who did Do They Know Its Christmas as they will also hold chart records like this.

Blastertoyo
9 hours ago, Regina George said:

Her last 2 no1s are collabs and the last one that was truly her song was in 2008 :cryga: interesting 

Her 90s, 2010 and 2020 all needed some assistance 

Inch resting 

:ohwell:
she only has 2 solo #1s 

please enlighten me to death

Madame Goo Goo
3 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

she only has 2 solo #1s 

Same with Gaga...

N E Ways, why do the BeyHive and Monsters hate each other? Lady Gaga and Beyonce literally have two songs together...

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

TortureMeOnReplay
8 minutes ago, KORG said:

I heard a song on the radio that I like and it's going to hit number one soon. I'll record a verse for it and then it will be MY number one.

Jumping on an already rising song shows a total lack of integrity.

Are we counting DC just to stick to the script?

If we are, then we need to look at people who did Do They Know Its Christmas as they will also hold chart records like this.

I believe Savage wasn't even a Top 10 hit before Beyoncé got on the song (though I could be wrong, as tracking it is a bit hard since BB recognizes the original as the feature now and the few weeks before the remix release she was charting around #10-20). Beyoncé also didn't just add one verse, but changed the sound of the song and stayed throughout the entire track. I don't want to say that Beyoncé did it alone or that Megan doesn't deserve credit, but I don't think Savage was a top 5 before this. 

Blastertoyo
32 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

Same with Gaga...

N E Ways, why do the BeyHive and Monsters hate each other? Lady Gaga and Beyonce literally have two songs together...

Not in 21 years tho :ohwell:

please enlighten me to death

3 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

Not in 21 years tho :ohwell:

That 21 years includes her time as the lead singer, songwriter of Destiny’s child where she achieved four number ones and several top tens.

StrawberryBlond

These kind of records should only take into account your years as a soloist and only include collabs where you were the lead vocalist or a duet at the very least. It's not fair on those who were always soloists or those who rely almost exclusively on solo material. Your career with your band and your solo career should be sectioned off completely, two very different things. Articles like this are intended to just suck up to Beyonce, as they have for some time. Only a biased fan would consider her duet with Ed to be her #1 (that song was already massive all over the world when she jumped on it and all she did to change the song was literally switch the genders, she added no new lines) and her featured verse with Megan to be her #1 (the word "feature" is key here and Wikipedia list it as a featured song). I mean, I don't really know anyone who considers Telephone to be Beyonce's #1, so why does this feature count? Ridiculous.

15 hours ago, justhislife said:

I believe Savage wasn't even a Top 10 hit before Beyoncé got on the song (though I could be wrong, as tracking it is a bit hard since BB recognizes the original as the feature now and the few weeks before the remix release she was charting around #10-20). Beyoncé also didn't just add one verse, but changed the sound of the song and stayed throughout the entire track. I don't want to say that Beyoncé did it alone or that Megan doesn't deserve credit, but I don't think Savage was a top 5 before this. 

True, but whether she made it a hit or not, it's still not her song. She was hopping on a song of a new, young, current artist to get some clout seeing as she hasn't had a proper smash hit of her own in years and hasn't released a solo album in a long time. She's been an opportunist for years. She's always featured artists on her songs when they're at their peaks (Sean Paul in 2003, Shakira in 2006, Justin Timberlake in 2007, Gaga in 2009, Nicki in 2014, Kendrick Lamar in 2017 and has used Jay repeatedly over 3 albums) and has featured on other artists songs when they were at their peaks (Usher in 2008, Alicia Keys in 2010, Gaga in 2010, DJ Khaled in 2017/2018, J Balvin in 2017, Ed Sheeran in 2017 and now Megan in 2020, and once again, featured on a lot of Jay's songs). This is kinda what she does. It's for her benefit, not theirs. She had considerable amount added to the verse but it is still a feature. And the original Savage had only 3 writers on it, including Megan. The Beyonce remix has the same 3 writers plus Beyonce to make 4...plus an additional 5 people. So, it took 6 people, including Beyonce, to write this new part. That's a lot of people for a feature remix. That suggest to me that Beyonce didn't write much of it at all.

androiduser
On 5/29/2020 at 7:22 PM, elijahfan said:

I don't think a #1 obtained as a featuring artist on some remix is valuable at all, but that's just my opinion

I agree that it's not the same as a a solo single, but I'm sure we'd be singing a different tune if it was Gaga, or if she does it one day

Runway
3 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I agree that it's not the same as a a solo single, but I'm sure we'd be singing a different tune if it was Gaga, or if she does it one day

Gaga is not scared of flopping with original songs. Beyonce knows no one has liked her own songs since the Obama administration and resorts to leeching off young trendy artists

androiduser
1 minute ago, Runway said:

Gaga is not scared of flopping with original songs. Beyonce knows no one has liked her own songs since the Obama administration and resorts to leeching off young trendy artists

well, let's not get cocky because we never know how things will develop for Gaga in the future

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I wouldn't. What's the point of having #1s with barely any merit?

Archived