đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So, what does Babylon really mean?

OMonster

Featured Posts

"battle for ur life" signifies that we will have to fight each other in grocery stores for the remaining of the year because of coronavirus and that our civilization will get destroyed like Babylon.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
V e n u s

Maybe ... Just maybe it'll get an MV that's ancient style jungle themed for the Green Tribe.

God Control

I’m guessing it’s an ancient astronaut theorist’s view of Babylon and Sumerian civilizations. She’s on an alien planet, Chromatica and maybe they’re invading ancient Iraq.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

I also kinda took as it as a “full circle” moment where the album starts with Gaga entering this new world (Chromatica) and she progresses through her different mental states, insecurities, fears, etc. And everyone would gossip about these really traumatic experiences. I’ve read so many insensitive articles over the years of Gaga’s sexual abuse and invalidating it or wondering if she’s profiting off of it. Also let’s not forget the pe*is rumors :laughga:

So now after the album she’s aware of those gossips and she’s okay with it. I also find irony in going back to ancient times and the start of civilization which is what she’s trying to do with Chromatica. The stupid love video also looks like it’s set before Chromatica is fully established (ancient times) where people are battling - whereas ROM there is more gentrification to the concept/place and she’s owning her pain and trauma and there’s no more fighting WITH people but there will always be a fight WITHIN yourself. She’s created a place of freedom and owning your pain and dancing through it and you have to battle for your life literally to achieve this mental state. The gospel production also gives me this feeling! Especially coming only 2 songs after Sine from Above. 

PerfectGUY

Babel is kinda the source of the division in humanity today

Makes sense with what she said about Chromatica

2 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Remember when everyone thought Babylon was the haus labs song LOL

It is the HausLabs song, BloodPop even confirmed it, where have you been:air:

Patrick Garcia

She is mocking what the bible says about Babylon... and I love it. It's like she is saying: "Battle for your life, Babylon, even though your language (who you are) is not understood". I mean, she sings about being a free woman and a joker brought to the daylight on the same album, it wouldn't make any sense if she suddenly became a christian in the swan song. :laughga:

River

It's also a reference for the book Hollywood Babylon, which talks about gossip and how it made the celebrities suffer.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

AyaKara

I feel like I understand everything but the prechorus:

It's the thing
That's you bring
Him, you and me
That's gossip

I couldn't help but immediately think they were talking about either 1) God (Him) for the religious theme or 2) a scandalous affair/poly relationship of some sort (him, you and me; sexual references in the verses). I have no idea how to interpret this line until she releases a video or something.

EDIT: Gaga confirmed on Spotify that 'Him, you and me' refers to the fact that you cannot have gossip without a third person to talk behind someone's back to. Genius.

xoxo Craig

My interpretation of is that no matter who is talking behind your back, no matter the negative things people say about you, don't listen to them and live your best life

End Racism Now

ultradim

This is what Gaga said about the song on the Spotify storyline: 

(1) This is the dance celebration of the culmination of this album, but it's really the start that occurs after every finish. (2) When we've completed a task or defeated a challenge, the end is not the end. (3) This is a new journey, and in Chromatica I will dance my way through all the pain, (4) and every transition I make is into a new me, which is consistently a miracle. (5) I vow to always have something to celebrate. And frankly gossip is the hallmark of civilization. (6) Two people can't talk behind each other's backs, you need at least three people. (7) And something that used to haunt me - gossip - is now a silly construct I can dance through. (8) Babble on. I'll be in Babylon. Or Chromatica. 

She put a storyline for every track explaining its meaning. Check my post: https://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/329650-every-chromatica-song-meaning/?tab=comments#comment-12737930

⚔️battle for your life ⚔️

Kubi

I dont know what it means, but it makes me feel alive in the best way. Not that I was dead before, but it just fills me with a light. I'm sure you're all sick of me talking about Babylon in every thread but I just love it.

they call me angela vidal

Mr Oak
49 minutes ago, AyaKara said:

I feel like I understand everything but the prechorus:

It's the thing
That's you bring
Him, you and me
That's gossip

I couldn't help but immediately think they were talking about either 1) God (Him) for the religious theme or 2) a scandalous affair/poly relationship of some sort (him, you and me; sexual references in the verses). I have no idea how to interpret this line until she releases a video or something.

EDIT: Gaga confirmed on Spotify that 'Him, you and me' refers to the fact that you cannot have gossip without a third person to talk behind someone's back to. Genius.

i still don't get the prechorus the way she describes it

I feel like it's about Gaga and a man

and a third person that's spreading gossip about them

but the "it's the thing that you bring" doesn't make sense :poot:

Archived