💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Elle France is bashing Lady Gaga

Eido

Featured Posts

Galactic Mess

Lol just because of the alien aesthetic? Such a miserable article. Pointless. She's been on the weird game for 12 years now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
high heeled fem
8 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

Although I can understand it. Some people started to respect Gaga when she showcased her real talent, but they're not entirely into her electronic visual show. 

But they're missing so much, their loss. 

Hmm apparently they are attacking her beautiful toned figure - how can you understand that? Gaga has always been fun and weird even on red carpet events :huntyga:

BetrayedSTAN

I can't stand people who keep saying that gaga is "ugly" and she's doing crazy makeup to hide her face .. i don't know personally i found her extremely beautiful before the epione thing and after .. 

high heeled fem
2 minutes ago, Scrat said:

No worries, glad to understand :kiss:

Who is that F.T. anyway ? :triggered:

:sara:

ooo not sure what FT means? I wish to know more about the body shaming through 

VTV
26 minutes ago, dberrin said:

Ok, this article is not nice to Gaga but you misunderstood the message of it. They were just regretting that she left her sober/classy looks from A star is Born/Joanne to return to pop extravaganza but specifically because they loved the LADY part of Gaga. I mean we can understand the GP (and especially fashion magazine like Elle) to be suprised that she is back to weird clothing and haircut while she was walking red carpet like Marylin Monroe last year.

They're asking to be dragged with that headline. 

Its what they deserve.

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

flyaway
3 minutes ago, high heeled fem said:

Hmm apprerntely they are attacking her beautiful toned figure - how can you understand that? Gaga has always been fun and weird even on red carpet events :huntyga:

:triggered: what a stupid reporter

They could criticize the music direction, the different approach after ASIB or anything regarding the music. But the outfits :awkney:

high heeled fem
1 minute ago, Scrat said:

Quick translation (although y'all are lucky to be missing on this gem of an article :billie:) :

"What happened to Lady Gaga? We left her with a look of an exemplary simplicity. [...] Lady Gaga comes back with a new & verydalbum

I’m shocked Elle would write this, she’s back on top again. I expect this from the daily mail not Elle 

high heeled fem
2 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

:triggered: what a stupid reporter

They could criticize the music direction, the different approach after ASIB or anything regarding the music. But the outfits :awkney:

Yeah I agree! It should be about the music not her body or her outfits. It’s quite disappointing :eww:

Suuus
32 minutes ago, dberrin said:

Ok, this article is not nice to Gaga but you misunderstood the message of it. They were just regretting that she left her sober/classy looks from A star is Born/Joanne to return to pop extravaganza but specifically because they loved the LADY part of Gaga. I mean we can understand the GP (and especially fashion magazine like Elle) to be suprised that she is back to weird clothing and haircut while she was walking red carpet like Marylin Monroe last year.

Or elle magazine could just except her for who she is

Guest Adarsh

Isn’t this the same magazine that  had a ‘Black issue’ with a white model on the cover? Or was that’s Elle Germany? 

22 minutes ago, high heeled fem said:

Right, so body shaming as well. That’s really a dig - so you see where I’m going. Are you able to translate for us? 

Quick translation (it's a bit rough sorry), although y'all are lucky for missing out on this gem of an article :billie:

"What happened to LG? We left her with a look of an exemplary simplicity [...] she's coming back with a very dance album. Why this retro-futuristic album cover hurting the eyes, between Kiss, RuPaul & MadMax? Why this music video Stupid Love shot on iPhone presenting two tribes, the bad guys (in black) thirsty for blood and the nice ones (in pink) living from spirituality and hugs? And OH MY GOD, why this outfit in pink latex? Maybe the star is voluntarily sacrificing herself to the cringe aesthetic, or coming back to her roots with extravangant make up and outfits. [...] After her nomination at the Oscars she's now a respectable great lady and she doesn't need to dye her hair in pink to be noticed. But maybe the singer - who broke up with her boyfriend before the album - prefers to stay true to her debuts, when she had to visually compensate her unremarkable physique - a true handicap in the industry. That's what Florence Muller, fashion historian, calls thr "phenomenon of the ulgy woman": "a woman aware of her ungrateful figure hiding it with a very excentric look and make up used as a painting or a mask." A feeling of insecurity that would make her, despite the outrageous aspects of Chromatica, very human - and maybe even touching?"

The way they're trying to act like they have pity for her, superiority complex of the year :smh:

Edit: and literaly not ONE single word abouth the music! Even in the (uninteresting) parts I cut.

Florian
26 minutes ago, high heeled fem said:

Right, so body shaming as well. That’s really a dig - so you see where I’m going. Are you able to translate for us? 

What happened to Lady Gaga? We had left her with a perfect sobriety, in black and white, during her humanitarian show in support of the hospital workers where a lot of starts showed up. Lady Gaga is coming back with a brand new and very dance album "Chromatica", in collaboration with Ariana Grande. And she puts us through the wringer.

Why this retro-futuristic album cover that hurts our eyes, somewhere between Kiss, Rupaul's drag race and Mad Max? Why this MV, "Stupid Love", shot with an iPhone where two tribes, the bad guys (in black) coming for blood and the nice guys (in pink) living for spirituality and cuddles? And why for God's sake this pink latex outfit?

Two hypothesis: either the american star is willingly choosing the "cringe" aesthetic that has invaded the Internet in order to counterbalance the flat picture of instagram. Or she's coming back to her roots: extravagant makeups and outfits -meat dress, nun costume, ursing, arrival in an egg, etc. In the latest, the process is intringuing. Because Lady Gaga, nominated at the Oscars for her role full of emotions in ASIB, is now a grand and respectable Lady who doesn't need to dye her hair in pink to call attention.

But maybe the singer who had a breakup right before the conception of the album wanted to stay true to her debuts, when she needed to visually compensate for her ordinary physique (that's very pejorative in French) - a true handicap in the pop field. That is what Florence Muller, fashion historian, call "the phenomenon of the ugly woman": "a woman conscious about her unattractive face (hard to translate that word but it's more pejorative than unattractive) and who tries to offset it wuth extravagants looks and makeup used as a painting or a mask". Would that feeling of insecurity make her very human again, and even touching?

----

Tried my best :emma: 

Archived