Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Replay is about Trauma, references Trigger

derpmonster

Featured Posts

LostBoyfriend
2 hours ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

This makes me think of how deep that album is. It's probably her darkest project that she ever done and she still manages to give a kind of positivity to those struggles. I think that Chromatica might help people that have experienced similar traumas, help feel happy even if the pain is hard, bc like gaga said, it's alright to dance when you're sad.

Yeah, some of the lyrics are so so so well written. Like it's written in detail and so up front but at the same time it confuses u or play with meanings so that the direct message doesn't really shows at first or second listen.

Reading some of the lyrics they do sound very personal and hurtful. But I'm glad she actually turn them around and made a dance record.

14 hours ago, The Child said:

She said it on Spotify.  The fact that this awful thing will stay with her throughout all her life just makes me so sad for her, a guy just tried to rape me and it still haunts me to this day. I can't even imagine how she must be feeling. :ohno:

What did she say on Spotify about this song ??

LostBoyfriend
55 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Where on Spotify does she say this? I can't find it.

It shows up below the song on Spotify, idk if you have to have Canvas turned on (which you can enable on the app settings).

22 minutes ago, Waad said:

What did she say on Spotify about this song ??

"I refused to not allow this song to be on the album. Sure, I'm the "boss"

But really, Chromatica cannot exist without an abstract explanation of what it's like to be triggered if f you have PTSD.

It's a replay of all my monster, not the little ones.

And the very thing that has plagued my mind for years, trauma, is precisely the thing that now powers my life force to be braver.

i.e. this voice I hear - continue to make music although your brain feels like it's breaking sometimes."

shoful

Very well written post! Thank you for that insight. 
Is the person Fernando? I dont know much about her pre ARTPOP producers

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

crybrowz

Very well written. I really liked your analysis of the "I hate to say you're the worst thing and the best thing that's happened to me" lyric. It makes a lot of sense considering he simultaneously made and destroyed her. And when she talks about him having the "gun" I think she's using it as a metaphor for power, since at that time he pretty much had total control over her and abused it. 

crybrowz
1 hour ago, shoful said:

Very well written post! Thank you for that insight. 
Is the person Fernando? I dont know much about her pre ARTPOP producers

No I don't believe they started working together til TFM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The general consensus is that it's Rob Fusari, as he seems to match her description; twice her age, early record producer she worked with, he claimed that they were dating though she never gave any confirmation, worked with Destiny's Child. We know they had a huge falling out and he tried to sue her for $30 million + there are "career ruining" details in the court docs that they both wanted to keep sealed back in 2010. And as other people in the thread have mentioned he sounded off on social media when she released TIHTY. 

FaeMonster

Very well written post OP. Its meaning is why Replay has become my favorite besides the amazing beat. Shes always been a Queen of validation and strength...

The Child
On 5/30/2020 at 3:24 AM, M Monstre said:

Where on Spotify does she say this? I can't find it.

I read something on twitter where she said something about this, I mistook that for Spotify.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived