💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Babylon sounds like Vouge for a reason?

miamorevolefeyah

Featured Posts

miamorevolefeyah

I love Babylon. It’s a favourite of mine however I’m sure we all had the thought it sounds like Vouge by Madge at the start. I’m not starting copying allegations! 😅 I swear. I just have a theory it’s intentional. Babylon is about gossip so maybe Gaga intended it to sound like a Madonna song in mockery to the allegations she copied Express Yourself. At the end of the day, it was all gossip and shade towards her maybe she’s playing around here, teasing. ‘Go on, say I copied Madonna again. Shade me. Talk about me. The jokes on you.’ This is just my thought but I’d love it if that’s the case because it really is Gaga just turning around and saying “let them eat cake.” I just don’t think Gaga would’ve made the song sound like this if it wasn’t for that reason, she’s done everything to avoid those allegations since BTW. Also she’s paying homage to 90’s house which Madonna ain’t the founder of it so yeah. 

Queen Bitch

According to certain Madonna fans, it's simply because she can't write original music:ladyhaha:

But I don't think there's a special reason for it. This is like the third song she has made that sounds like a Madonna song. I think it's completely random:oops:

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Brecht said:

rip that song :huntyga:

Omfg :air: :lmao: :ladyhaha:

This is totally something Gaga would do tbh

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster

Anyway, Madge didn't invent talking in songs - that's the only similarity

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

GAGAXABO

It is a tribute to Shep Pettibone's 90s sound...Obvious reference to Vogue in a masterpiece like Chromatica, devote to reinterpreting the 90s through a new lens.

Monster in Scotland

ElfieMartini

Imo it's very much a 'say what you want about me IDC' type song

That's not what I said, I asked you not to be one

samuelx

I’m p sure it was intentional to sound like Madonna, a song about gossip? Surely she knew what she was doing 

JoeMo

The demo shows how much the song has evolved. If it had the original instrumental I doubt anyone would be saying that they sound similar.

I totally agree, it’s the drums and the piano that sound SO much like Vogue. Listening to the first song I was thinking Vogue was sampled..! 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

7 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

According to certain Madonna fans, it's simply because she can't write original music:ladyhaha:

But I don't think there's a special reason for it. This is like the third song she has made that sounds like a Madonna song. I think it's completely random:oops:

It’s because Gaga actually sampled the drums in Vogue, and those fans are ridiculous 

GaGaAst

am I the only one who thinks she did it on purpose?

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

miamorevolefeyah
7 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

The demo shows how much the song has evolved. If it had the original instrumental I doubt anyone would be saying that they sound similar.

I totally agree, it’s the drums and the piano that sound SO much like Vogue. Listening to the first song I was thinking Vogue was sampled..! 

I agree. It’s like she had the idea come into head half way through and thought, hmm this could be funny. I think it’s Gaga being playful and playing on the whole theme of the song. 

JillTyrell2004

Totally intentional. Totally genius. She’s come full circle with Madonna. 

Archived