💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

FIRST REACTIONS

Massive Monster

Featured Posts

Massive Monster

Ok so I know there's a lot of threads and I feel bad for the site trying to cope with us crazies :oops:

But here's my initial reaction to the album which will definitely change and evolve the more I listen to it (I've listened to the tracks about 2 and 3 times) :

The Chromatica I, II, III orchestral tracks offer great transitions and mood changes. Does it feel "forced", "artsy"? Maybe a little. But strings and orchestral music fits the disco genre so well that it doesn't matter.

In chronological order:

-Alice is a highlight. It's dark. That chorus is haunting. :pray: Surprisingly eerie high notes. Made me think of the french singer Mylene Farmer. Could be a single.  

-SL sounds even more joyful in the context of the album.

-ROM sounds very "house" after SL.

-Free Woman... I'm not a fan of the vocal delivery in the verses. However the "I'm not nothing" chorus is great. Maybe the "I'm a Free Woman" should have appeared in the first chorus also. Great ending though.

-Fun Tonight... It's very based on lyrics rather than melody imo. A bit too cute for me. It might grow on me though.

-911. It started off so well. That transition from Chromatica II is excellent. I love the verses and bridges but... I don't know how to feel about the robotic chorus... It actually made me think of Jeffree Star and a fake Lady Gaga leak :ladyhaha:. It might grow on me because the instrumental and the verses are so good. 

-Plastic Doll. The 80s meet the 90s Barbie Girl from Aqua. I liked it. The most "The Fame" track :flutter: . Will grow even more on me. 

-Sour Candy. Fits well in the album.

-Enigma.  I did not expect to love it this much with that title which sounds late :what: Some of the best vocals. A highlight of the album. Great chorus. :enigma:

-Replay. Took me by complete surprise the first time due to the crazy spooky halloween sounding beat drop.  :pawsup: The instrumental is very layered.  Sounds different from the rest of the album. A highlight of the album. Release it for Halloween as a single Gaga :grr:

-Sine From Above. The one song that physically gave me goose bumps during that crazy beat drop (only a handful of Gaga songs have done that to me). This needs to play on the radio and be a single. It's a perfect mix of cute accessibility and intricate masterpiece. You can actually hear the thunder and lightning in the music :bradley: The song is a journey. The drum break at the end is insane (called the amen break). I couldn't help but think of Crystalline by Bjork. Hope the Bjork fans won't get mad, because this song is beautiful. :applause:

-1000 Doves.. is one house track too many. It's sounds weak after SFA. A different genre would have been nice. A filler.

-Babylon. It's fun, chic, expensive, sophisticated. That choir is great. I miss that Haus Lab instrumental and demo though. It will grow on me.

Kind regards

Blastertoyo

Where’s Chromalude I, II and III?

:grr:

please enlighten me to death

kuraudo

Sine from above had me ugly sobbing. It's just such a truth and having Elton John on the album feels like coming full circle.

Babylon is such a bop and did anyone noticing the Age Of Empires I sound effect in the beginning? We've got no choice but to stan a gamer queen :legend:

Enigma really had me by surprise, as you said I also didn't expect too much. But this chorus belt? Damn girl...

Replay was especially great since the spotify storyline just says that she fought for this song to be on the album and it's just so different and has such a layered track.

As expected, I liked the second act way more than the first, since I tend to prefer B sides (cool kid here :derpga:), at least on first listen

The album is a journey, a bop, and most of all so much f***ing fun! :pawsup:

kuraudo
6 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Are you not seeing chromatic I, II and III in the track list? Where are you listening? On Spoitfy it's fine.

Blastertoyo
3 minutes ago, kuraudo said:

Are you not seeing chromatic I, II and III in the track list? Where are you listening? On Spoitfy it's fine.

I was told the list would be in chronological order 

please enlighten me to death

Massive Monster
4 minutes ago, kuraudo said:

Sine from above had me ugly sobbing. It's just such a truth and having Elton John on the album feels like coming full circle.

Babylon is such a bop and did anyone noticing the Age Of Empires I sound effect in the beginning? We've got no choice but to stan a gamer queen :legend:

Enigma really had me by surprise, as you said I also didn't expect too much. But this chorus belt? Damn girl...

Replay was especially great since the spotify storyline just says that she fought for this song to be on the album and it's just so different and has such a layered track.

As expected, I liked the second act way more than the first, since I tend to prefer B sides (cool kid here :derpga:), at least on first listen

The album is a journey, a bop, and most of all so much f***ing fun! :pawsup:

Your are so right. The second act is the best overall. 

I'm 100% with you about Replay. It's so layered and very different from the others. 

Omg thanks for the info about that Age Of Empires sound effect in Babylon, that's so cool :pawsup:

Kind regards

Massive Monster
1 minute ago, Blastertoyo said:

I was told the list would be in chronological order 

:ladyhaha: stop fighting guys. Sorry my bad. :kara:

Kind regards

Fresco

So happy to have this album to listen to. :nick: The songs are all so different, I can't even pick a favorite. Here I am up in the middle of the night listening to new music. Who sleeps in the middle of the night anyway.

Vyxx96

Honestly this album has me absolutely flabbergast. We share quite a few of the same opinions track by track, however 911 and Replay are honestly looking to be my favorites from the whole album! I also was a bit disappointed by the sound of 1000 Doves and I find myself wishing it sounded a bit more like "Hair" stylistically. It's still actually one of my favorites lyrically, but didn't need to be as electronic as it is.

Spoiler

(it sounds like the Zedd Remix of the song it could have been) :billie: I'm so sorry, and I love tf outta zedd too don't come for me

I really see elements of every single era, influence, iconic performance, essentially of GAGA threaded everywhere in this album. (Sine reminds me so much of the ARTPOP Muppets performance, Plastic Doll is so Candy Warhol) I could go on and on...

I'm floored. Absolutely scalped and obsessed. 

Love + Art

2School4Cool

Fun Tonight instantly is a standout, easily in Gaga’s top 10 songs, if not top 5! I was not expecting it to be so emotional, but maybe that’s why it stands out so much. Genuinely one of her most beautiful songs to date, and easily in my top 2 from the album!

Sine From Above rounds out the top 2. When I heard Gaga and Elton were going to be singing together on this album I was so excited since Elton is one of my favorite artists, and it’s better than any expectation I could have ever had for it. One of my all-time favorites of hers with zero question. 

Alice was somehow exactly what I was expecting but also not at all what I was expecting, it’s hard to explain, but it’s phenomenal and I love it so much! This along with Chromatica I may be my favorite intro to any of her albums.

The interludes work so well, they really help string the album together so well. The transitions are incredible!

1000 Doves is such a beautiful song. The lyrics are just gorgeous! “Lift me up, give me a start, because I've been flying with some broken arms. Lift me up, just a small nudge, and I'll be flying like a thousand doves.”:diane:

Replay and Enigma were two I was super curious about and they are insanely good! I had no clue what to expect, but I’m incredibly happy with how they sound. The same goes for Plastic Doll (I love that bridge so much!).

I didn’t hear the Free Woman demo when it leaked, but this song honestly feels like an instant classic, I love it! Those verses are insanely beautiful. I also love Babylon, I know some people prefer the Haus Labs instrumental, but I really love the way it sounds on the album!

See The Best In Everyone

kuraudo
2 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

Sorry I completely misunderstood you :fail: My bad

Archived