Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Fun, but laced with pain

PeachJug

Featured Posts

PeachJug

Just gonna jot some thoughts while I listen...

While it seemed that Chromatica would be a super upbeat happy journey, Gaga definitely broke me down as she writes her pain into many of the dance tunes. So far my favorite songs are Fun Tonight and 911--

My heart is pumping so fiercely right now, listening to Free Woman.

... And now I'm drifting into Fun Tonight. This one is different, different from the dopamine streak of the first four songs. Rain on me hinted at pain, but this one is her diary.

I've had nights like those too. The nights that end with "I've had too much", a gust of thick air hits me - suddenly I realize I'm not having fun. I'm not where I want to be. I'm not with who I want to be with. I'm lost.

Its such a delicate type of moment, but Gaga captured it perfectly for me. The song feels nostalgic even though it just came out.

And now the thumping of 911. The production sounds like SOPHIE imo. Gaga is confessing about addiction. It's so honest and vulnerable. I'm happy she's addressing her inner demons and growing from them.

"Biological stasis" - meaning life going nowhere. "My biggest enemy is me"... I think we've all felt this way before, even if it's not drugs... Any sort of addiction. Maybe to something that distracts you from chasing your dreams. Or maybe to a person or feeling. It's hard to regain control of your life when you groom yourself into letting go of the steering wheel.

Lady Gaga I love you so much, after all these years you've done it again!! Thank you!

He8MyHeart

So true. The beats are fun and uplifting, but the lyrics unmask a lot.

raragaga

yeah the whole album is extremely dark, masked by adrenaline and an almost desperation to dance through the pain

xoxo

sarahb

Yeah after I listened to it one of my first thoughts was 'uh, is Gaga okay?' 

Chromatica Island

911 is about her antipsychotics, not street drugs.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

NT78

This was a ROUGH album to listen to, at times. It is incredibly raw and full of melancholy and desperation. I mean, we all know that Gaga suffers, but this is the first time she has really been REAL about it, you know? 

I think it was genius to pair these sentiments with uplifting dance beats . It makes the messages hit hard. 

NGL, I sat here on the verge of tears while also bopping along to the beats. And now I want to give Gaga a hug. She has been THROUGH IT. 

fede ARTPOP

Im shook the "cry" comes in many songs :bradley:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

magicalgaga
12 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

911 is about her antipsychotics, not street drugs.

People can interpret songs differently from their own perspective and way of understanding Gaga's journey. If you think a certain way about a song, that doesn't make it ultimately any truer than the other ways of interpreting. 

OP: I truly feel the same way as you about the album as a whole. "Dancing through the pain" is something I aspire to do in my own life. Maybe through this record I can finally achieve that goal.

i was born this way, baby

Chromatica Island
1 minute ago, magicalgaga said:

People can interpret songs differently from their own perspective and way of understanding Gaga's journey. If you think a certain way about a song, that doesn't make it ultimately any truer than the other ways of interpreting. 

OP: I truly feel the same way as you about the album as a whole. "Dancing through the pain" is something I aspire to do in my own life. Maybe through this record I can finally achieve that goal.

I understand, I was just saying what Gaga said about the song.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

AshIey

Yeah I was kinda sad listening to this album even though I loved every song :ohno:

Archived