💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica sounds like a farewell

Jill

Featured Posts

rain on meh

Idk why but maybe because I am a Lana fan, EVERY single time she puts out on an album, there are people saying it's her last album.. Obviously no.. Gaga will never not be a pop singer. It is who she is, she just mixes everything up and become a new different pop artist.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Candy Gaga

Bleh

She just said she found herself on the dance floor like you guys will do any thing to depress us

Fresco

I don't know what album OP was listening to, but it wasn't the same one I heard.

Fun tonight is a breakup song. Not an I'm quiting music song. :duck:

Sine from above isn't either. Seems like it's more about inspiration.

The songs are all so different, I can't even pick a favorite.

SarahG
18 minutes ago, Rudz Xinc said:

She better not, I don't want another Joanne.  :grr:

Give me more Chromatica. :grr:

Delete this thread, don't give her idea. :grr:

Clearly you dont want her to grow.

Asia's Popstar Royalty 👑

Roxanne

all songs (except 3-4) sounds simillar to me and I really don't like it :triggered:

no different emotions, no artistic songs, no stories, no creativity, no good instrumentals, no earworm songs :triggered:

I'm so sad about it but I'll support it. 

Rudz Xinc
Just now, SarahG said:

Clearly you dont want her to grow.

If your definition of growing is her leaving her root in pop music. I- :awkney:

Clearly you need to expand your horizon a bit. :awkney:

You can still create this type of dancy type of music but still mature in a way, just like Chromatica is.

Look at those clowns

Rudz Xinc
1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

all songs (except 3-4) sounds simillar to me and I really don't like it :triggered:

no different emotions, no artistic songs, no stories, no creativity, no good instrumentals, no earworm songs :triggered:

I'm so sad about it but I'll support it. 

You need to clean your ears. :oops:

Look at those clowns

Dayman

It felt the opposite to me. It felt like a reclaiming of the pop music she always loved and rejection of the idea she has to please anyone with the pop she creates. Much like how ARTPOP has gotten more acknowledgement as time goes on and she recognized that in the Beats 1 Interview as well - as long as you love the music you create than it doesn't matter how it's received at the time.

Concertaholic

I don’t know why but I really feel like she’s gonna have a baby with Michael and from that aspect she will definitely change as a mother. I dread that day because we will no longer be her kids but also will be happy for her :vegas:

SarahG
34 minutes ago, Rudz Xinc said:

If your definition of growing is her leaving her root in pop music. I- :awkney:

Clearly you need to expand your horizon a bit. :awkney:

You can still create this type of dancy type of music but still mature in a way, just like Chromatica is.

Youre not making sense at all. :billie::laughga::bradley::saladga:You want her do the same thing and thats your definition of growing?? Lol!

Asia's Popstar Royalty 👑

Jakkusan
3 hours ago, nest said:

Watch the Manifesto of Chromatica on Spotify. It's the exact contrary. She's never leaving.

Exactly THIS.

Rudz Xinc
23 minutes ago, SarahG said:

Youre not making sense at all. :billie::laughga::bradley::saladga:You want her do the same thing and thats your definition of growing?? Lol!

Not you take my word literary. :billie:

I want her to make pop music. I don't want any rock and roll, metal, country, or jazz. 

Look at those clowns

SarahG
51 minutes ago, Rudz Xinc said:

Not you take my word literary. :billie:

I want her to make pop music. I don't want any rock and roll, metal, country, or jazz. 

Lol you dont get it dont you. :ladyhaha::sharon: lady Gaga has been making pop music since day one:trollga: its just her musical direction is changing. For example Joanne got that country rock and roll vibes but its still A POP album. If you want another Chromatica for the rest of her life then Gaga is not growing. I want her to tackle another MUSICAL DIRECTION after Chromatica. 

Asia's Popstar Royalty 👑

• 2 weeks later...
LilyLark
On 5/28/2020 at 9:48 PM, Jed said:

I think you’re right. I don’t think that means we will never get pop music I think that electronic dance music might not ever be the core focus of an entire album again. We might get a nod or two but especially once she has a kid and is pursuing other career goals we are gonna see more rock inspired cuts or a broadway musical (and subsequent soundtrack).

her stopping dance music doesn’t mean the end of original songs and just doing jazz standards like tony. There’s a middle ground that not a lot of modern icons have explored and lucky her that she gets to do that. I’ll be there for it all :) 

This. I think Gaga will always do pop or at least pop-influenced albums, but I do wonder if this is kind of a farewell as the album seemed tailor made to be...bops in a club. Even some critic who gave it four stars said it seemed like a fan service album in some ways. There's a lot of ageism in the industry, and I honestly can't think of a woman artist who does house/pure dance pop type music in her late 30s. There's a time when they'll stop playing her hits in the club, or focus on her old hits, in favor of some shiny new artist. I mean it's even arguably happened to Madonna & Cher.

Like I wouldn't be shocked if she went down Robyn's path...."Honey" is more off beat/less designed for the clubs and still electropop. You can definitely still dance to her songs, but they are way less GP friendly because it almost seems like she realized the GP wasn't going to be there for her anymore...

Archived