Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica sounds like a farewell

Jill

Featured Posts

Jill
1 minute ago, sarahb said:

PeopleĀ reallyĀ want her to give up pop huhĀ :ohwell:

I didn't say that IĀ wantĀ her to do so, just that I would support her if she does because Chromatica feels like a full circle for me

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo

Itā€™s a farewell to trying to heal others and a hello in healing herself.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Helix

It feels like a farewell to her pain and a welcome greeting back to pop for me... after her recent Zane interview itā€™s obvious sheā€™s not going anywhere. Electronic music will always be in her blood one way or another

AddMeOnMYSPACE

I wouldnā€™t be mad if Gaga went full jazzĀ :heart:

Ā 

Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll get tired of the pop music.Ā 

Katsuki Bakugo
1 minute ago, Helix said:

It feels like a farewell to her pain and a welcome greeting back to pop for me... after her recent Zane interview itā€™s obvious sheā€™s not going anywhere. Electronic music will always be in her blood one way or another

Not us basically posting the same thing at the same time! Literal QUEENS!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Helix
Just now, Melisandre said:

Not us basically posting the same thing at the same time! Literal QUEENS!

Literally our MINDSĀ :firega:

Monsterxo

I agree.

It feels like a closure album for all the struggles she's had throughout her life/career.

I really felt it.

5 minutes ago, sarahb said:

PeopleĀ reallyĀ want her to give up pop huhĀ :ohwell:

No the fact that we are getting every single thing that we want with no questions asked feels suspicious since everything for the last three album cycles has stepped away from this sound. Itā€™s not crazy to think that this was a fan service album to give closure/thank you to the fans that stuck with her all the way to her big Oscar win.Ā 

sarahb
2 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

I didn't say that IĀ wantĀ her to do so, just that I would support her if she does because Chromatica feels like a full circle for me

Tbh I figured it didn't necessarily mean you wanted her to, just that for years people have been wanting her to quit pop for some reason, and now that she's released a full pop album, I just find it funny that one of the responses is 'this means she might be giving it up'Ā :laughga:

I think youā€™re right. I donā€™t think that means we will never get pop music I think that electronic dance music might not ever be the core focus of an entire album again. We might get a nod or two but especially once she has a kid and is pursuing other career goals we are gonna see more rock inspired cuts or a broadway musical (and subsequent soundtrack).

Ā 

her stopping dance music doesnā€™t mean the end of original songs and just doing jazz standards like tony. Thereā€™s a middle ground that not a lot of modern icons have explored and lucky her that she gets to do that. Iā€™ll be there for it all :)Ā 

hoeslay
21 minutes ago, Brecht said:

I don't think it's a farewell to pop, she will always be a pop singer. I see it more of likeĀ the closing of the first chapter of her career. And she closed it with a bang. Can't wait to see what's next!

Well she said that ARTPOP was the end of the first chapter of her career. So CHROMATICA would be the end of the 2nd chapter?Ā 

BetrayedSTAN
21 minutes ago, Brecht said:

I don't think it's a farewell to pop, she will always be a pop singer. I see it more of likeĀ the closing of the first chapter of her career. And she closed it with a bang. Can't wait to see what's next!

I feel like this is only the beginning of a new chapterĀ 

XxBones

Not at all. I am listening to album and I followed how the tracks are put. Chromatica 1 is about love. Falling in love. Love not working out and ends with fun tonight. I think thatā€™s why you got that feeling because it seemed like an end to that chapter.Ā 
Ā 

the feeling I got from her return to pop overall based on her interview is that she is in a Ā depression and using her return to dance in a way to revive herself how she was before and find bits and pieces of herself again. If anything this will revive her and we will get even more fun inspired music from her after this.Ā 

Archived