💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica TEA (spoiler free review)

Ghost Face

Featured Posts

Ghost Face

Let me start with the fact that I have been dancing as if the world was at my feet! 

The choices made on this album literally scream Lady Gaga!
The use of her iconic robot voice and the catchy melodies and hooks brought me back to the old days.
The album immediately feels like a classic Gaga, mostly due to the presence of Gaga's earworm-magic.
Some of the tunes I was already sing along during my first listen.

In terms of content Chromatica contains many strong and powerful lyrics.
I'm not going to deny that it also includes moments when the lyrics feel very flat and empty, as if they were written to rhyme with the other words.
But Gaga and her producers did a great job playing with this. 
They shift your focus continuously from melody to text to feeling.
It makes the album distinctive, varied and daring.
Features I can (regardless of taste or chart potency) only appreciate.

I've been dancing on my bed, fearless and without limits.
I may have literally never seen myself as gay as this. And you know what? I'm ****ing proud of it.
In some songs I felt some kind of pain but still started to wiggle my toes. 
And before I knew it I was dancing again, thinking: F * CK IT.

Art is so very valuable because it can let you escape from reality for a while, with Chromatica she did that!
I had completely forgotten all the sh*t that's going on for 43 minutes straight.
The interludes play a big part in my escape to another reality.
They grabbed my hand and organicly took me through my dancefloor (bed)

I loved how regularly Gaga switch in her vocal range.
Her deep low voice versus her soft head voice in combination with her smart use of autotune are making the album feel impressive.
Tho, in some songs the experiment turns out a bit less in my opinion.
At some points it feels a bit cheap, easy or too rushed,
but in a world dominated by formulas, trends and beauty, it's dope Gaga still dares to experiment!
The album feels like a big fat middle finger to the expectations of others, me gusta mucho.

Chromatica has the same kind of empowerment feeling as Born This Way,
the nostalgia value of The Fame / The Fame Monster,
and the experimental touch ARTPOP got.

To me, Chromatica will be the place where I will find myself not care about what other people may think
because I'm to busy with my own dance to forget.

lady gaga snap GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Spoiler

Fun fact: I did changed my username to ALICE 911 when the tracklist was announced, now it turns out they're my favorite two tunes.

HOLY TRINITY
Alice
Babylon

It's an honor.

AyaKara

We share the same holy trinity! Replay is RIGHT after for me, tied with Sine for Above. Goddamn. Thanks for your review!

LibraLove

We stan Plastic Doll in this house, but this is exactly how I feel. Your descriptor at the end - a meshing of aspects of all her previous works - is exactly correct! It's such a good album from start to finish.

Ghost Face
9 minutes ago, LibraLove said:

We stan Plastic Doll in this house, but this is exactly how I feel. Your descriptor at the end - a meshing of aspects of all her previous works - is exactly correct! It's such a good album from start to finish.

Happy So Excited GIF by Bubble Punk

It's an honor.

Ghost Face
1 hour ago, AyaKara said:

We share the same holy trinity! Replay is RIGHT after for me, tied with Sine for Above. Goddamn. Thanks for your review!

Yas GIF by Fergie

It's an honor.

Archived