Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My thoughts on 'Replay'

magicalgaga

Featured Posts

jimmytimestep
Just now, magicalgaga said:

Very interesting take and completely valid! I was just focusing on the line "the scars on my mind are on replay" because that's clearly the key line of the song. It describes the feeling of having flashbacks perfectly, at least in my own experience. 

Totally! i think it means both/all, to be perfectly honest. I can only imagine breaking your hip and dancing through it in front of thousands of screaming people, not to mention all the other major traumas she's been through is a perfect cocktail for lifelong PTSD.

Also, I know much about PTSD and how hard it is. You're brave for sharing and I send you SO much love! :hug:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jimmytimestep
1 minute ago, Timmers said:

I agree, I had this theory too.

I also like the theory that it's Stefani singing about Gaga instead of Gaga singing about us.

That last line though is "Your monsters torture me," not "You monsters torture me."

LOVE that theory!

And all things considered this song is a massive bop we are so lucky to have it UGH

iCpro

Replay is easily a career highlight for her even if it sounds like she’s singing “little monsters torture me” :selena:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

magicalgaga
1 minute ago, jimmytimestep said:

Totally! i think it means both/all, to be perfectly honest. I can only imagine breaking your hip and dancing through it in front of thousands of screaming people, not to mention all the other major traumas she's been through is a perfect cocktail for lifelong PTSD.

Also, I know much about PTSD and how hard it is. You're brave for sharing and I send you SO much love! :hug:

Yes exactly! She's been through so much and many of her experiences have for sure been traumatic for her. Maybe Replay really just describes all of those feelings at once. What a powerful piece of art.

Thank you, that means so much to me! :heart: I'm still trying to find the right ways to live with this condition but hopefully I can start therapy soon.

i was born this way, baby

GreekGod

Replay is my favorite off the album.

it gave chills all over my body. Unbelivable!

gagasicebath
48 minutes ago, magicalgaga said:

First I have to say that the song didn't really do anything for me. After listening to it at least four times and really concentrating on the lyrics (English is not my first language so I don't catch the meanings of the lyrics right away) I'm getting shivers all over me.

I'm pretty damn sure that this song literally tells the story of her traumas and what it's like for her to live with PTSD. I'm just kind of in shock because I've been diagnosed with the same condition this spring and it's just something so personal that I couldn't possibly imagine making something so openly about it. It's just hits on a different level now. Bless this woman and her abilities.

What do you think of 'Replay'? Is it as powerful to you as it is to me?

This is one of the many reasons I love Gaga, because her ability to open up via her lyrics about what she’s been through is so important.

I totally hear you on how it resonates with you. I feel the same about 911, that one hits home.

I wish you nothing but peace and strength in managing your diagnosis 💓

Glamourpuss

I didn't like this song on first listen. I thought there was something "off" about the production. 

But now the parts I wasn't sure about are the parts I'm loving the most and I'm hooked on this song. On every listen of this album I find a new favourite and right now it's this song. 

Fresco

The chorus is adrenaline fueled earworming swirling dervish of a dance:excited2:.

I'm a bit disturbed by the verses that I don't understand. Hoping it's poetry in an AHS style.

julz

Its like you can name it Frankensteined.. thats my first thought on it. The production was odd at first listen, but it made sense after a few more listens. I hope it gets the single treatment,  i feel some will say it's not radio friendly. 

ARTPOP
9 hours ago, jimmytimestep said:

"The monster inside you is torturing me
The scars on my mind are on replay, r-replay
You monsters torture me
You monsters torture me
You monsters torture me

The scars on my mind are on replay, r-replay"

My take.

I thought she said little monsters torture me :fan:

OT: BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM

WHAT A BOP :nooo:

The verses, :excited:the bridge, the chorus, the production. Very unique and perfect 

COME ON GAYS!!

Jakkusan

I think this song is really clever, dark and sonically fantastic. I love it!

2School4Cool

This song is so raw and vulnerable, but it’s also so fun! It symbolizes what the album is all about, dancing through your pain. She lays out her emotions so bravely, I’m so proud of her!

See The Best In Everyone

magicalgaga
6 minutes ago, 2School4Cool said:

This song is so raw and vulnerable, but it’s also so fun! It symbolizes what the album is all about, dancing through your pain. She lays out her emotions so bravely, I’m so proud of her!

This is exactly why Replay is one of my favourites on the album! She is so brave for making a song like this about the hardest things she's ever had to go through. It makes me so emotional I- :messga:

i was born this way, baby

Archived