Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica Reflection: The Album is Beautiful and Exactly What Gaga Needed

Fanta

Featured Posts

Fanta

I cannot stress enough how happy I am with this album. Let me start off by saying that SL and RoM gave false impressions on what to expect, which in hindsight could be considered a good thing in order to be surprised.

Lyrically it is my favorite album of hers, she went in so deep and raw that I could not help but smile as I heard the songs play. Alice is a classic Gaga bop, she did it once again. The flow between Chromatica II into 911 was one of the best things Gaga did, ever. Fun Tonight, Enigma, Replay, hell even Babylon (although I want the HL version too) were all great songs and definitely standouts. Sour Candy and Rain on Me are two sides of a collaboration, and while I knew some fans wanted SC to be longer I think the length is great because I can't help but feel like I want to keep replaying it. 

The best thing about this album for me, however, is that while every song is a dance/pop song they didn't all feed LOUD like SL for example. This is the kind of music I can dance too but also listen to when I don't necessarily feel like I need to dance, and I feel like Gaga desperately needed those kinds of songs on the album: vibe songs, if they needed a name. However, the album feels like a re-invention of Gaga that flows absolutely beautifully and the interludes were the perfect cherry on top to tie it all together. I am really happy for her, she did exactly what she wanted to do (for me personally, and hopefully everyone else) with this album. I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did, and here's to it breaking records and being successful again!

I think it's the best lyrics she served in her career! I'm so proud of her! I just wish we had a little more innovation in terms of sound. Nothing on it sounds different from what we've already heard 1000 times. But at the same time I also like the nostalgic feeling I get while listening to it.

magicalgaga

You pretty much summed up my thoughts! I'm so happy with the album, the lyrics especially in Fun Tonight feel very personal to me. Also the interludes... I'm such a sucker for those and they just make everything so much better. What a beautiful concept album.

i was born this way, baby

herassisfamous
6 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Lyrically it is my favorite album of hers

This can never be stressed enough. She ATE it with this album. Got me by surprise how good the lyrics are - especially after stupid love. Her most personal and most poetic yet. And it fits perfectly with the productions. Like, it's not easy to fit "every single day yeah I dig myself a grave" lyric to a dance song. Kudos to Stefani :vegas:

All we need is love

DaleBaby92

I just want to say we made this happen. Chromatica is happening. Let's thank Mama chromatica & daddy. I never leave anyone out. #kindess You are my queen Gaga. My Marilyn Monroe, 10 folds! Xxx

DaleeeBabyyy

Fanta
6 minutes ago, Brecht said:

I think it's the best lyrics she served in her career! I'm so proud of her! I just wish we had a little more innovation in terms of sound. Nothing on it sounds different from what we've already heard 1000 times. But at the same time I also like the nostalgic feeling I get while listening to it.

I definitely get what you're saying. It didn't sound dated, but it didn't sound new either. I think Chromatica, like others have already guessed, is her final step in re-inventing herself. She could have gave us this solid version (while BloodPop is teasing different new songs) or taken a completely experimental road like she did with ARTPOP. As beautiful as this album is, lyrically and musically, Gaga is definitely considering this the final step is establishing a solid pop base for her musical future. 

I love this album so much. I honestly can't find much fault in this album. I don't mean to put down ARTPOP, but for me, it has felt nothing short of its spiritual successor that has improved upon all of the former's shortcomings. It's so raw and intimate, but also cohesive. And managed far better (which wasn't Gaga's fault, but still makes a huge difference). 

I'm just praying the concert won't be canceled entirely. I so badly want to see her perform the whole album in person!

Noah

i can not wait to finally listen to the album

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

johnmonster

It's really one of her best albums ever, and so deeply personal. You said it perfectly. :pawsup:

Born Brave

Oh my god you couldn’t have said it better. 
Especially the “vibe songs”. 

martiniglistens

She really did go in so deep and raw. This is absolutely incredible and it only gets better every listen. 
I don’t have any skips tbh

Archived