💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Honest Chromatica Track-By-Track Review

herassisfamous

Featured Posts

herassisfamous

Before I start of, I should say this is nothing like Gaga has ever done before. She pulled it off great. Her vocals have never been this great. This is the most vocal pleasure I've ever gotten from a Gaga album including C2C & ASIB. I'm so proud of the place she is in her career. I love how brave she was with the album. I've never heard this much personal stuff from Gaga.

Overall, it's a 9/10 for me.

Chromatica I 10/10 - This is so good, when I heard this on the teasers I was so sad that this masterpiece was just something that was used for well.. a mv teaser but now that it has a place in the album, my gay heart is in peace. Also it is a great opener for an album that is pretty melancholic behind all those dance productions.

Alice 10/10 - There is nothing I don't like about this song. The lyrics are representative of the upcoming album experience, telling you about a woman searching for her happiness and her mental struggles. Such a bop, super dance-able. Super euro-pop, as the whole album is. Gives you an EarlyGa (revisited) promise for the rest of the album. Grand chorus.

Stupid Love 6/10 - This used to score higher before I listened to the whole album but I just don't see how this cute semi-bop fits into the coherent tone of the album.

Rain On Me 10/10 - Can we all agree that rain on me tsunami?

Free Woman 9/10 - Much better than the demo, just the perfect song for a New Yorker to sing along to. The repetitive 'I'm a free woman' part fits perfectly into the song in this version. Great bop. Asks for a bigger drop tho, idk why they stripped it down.

Fun Tonight 8/10 - This is nothing I expected. This song kinda reminds me of an Ally song rather than Gaga - like Before I Cry - even though it's much more dance-y. Super catchy pre-chorus. Suuuper euro-pop and a perfect goodbye summer love song. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be crying to this whilst dancing.

Chromatica II 9/10 - At this point in the album we're diving deeper and things feel like it's gonna get darker. Serves its purpose in terms of setting the mood of the album better. The TRANSITION TO 911 IS THE BEST THING MY EARS HEARD IN 2020.

911 8/10 - When the song starts you immediately say "okay, this is the Scheiße of Chromatica". And it goes perfectly up to the point of the chorus. It builds you up, builds you up. And then hits the bland  chorus - leaving you with a ruined orgasm. But other than that, the song is incredible. That's why it gets the low points. Pretty sure it's gonna be a fan favorite tho. As every song on Chromatica (except the lead single SL), lyrics are perfect.

Plastic Doll 7/10 - Super cute song, strong vocals. Following the euro-pop pattern of the album. A teenage love lived in your mid twenties vibe with the lyrics and the production.

Sour Candy 10/10 - The kinkyGa moment of the album. Tbh I'd like it more if it was longer - and if it started with a "Blackpink in Chromatica". I think Blackpink was the perfect pick for the song. This is gonna be a big hit, probably a promo single turned single. Gaga's vocals are DIVA level amazing. UGH

Enigma 10/10 - This song competes for the Bad Romance spot with Alice. It's disco, it's Gaga, it's the 80s' futuristic sounds. It's DIVA LEVEL VOCALS. Might be the best vocals she has ever delivered. This song is a gay club anthem. This song should be a single for sure. It's massive.

Replay 10/10 - Starts out really chill, a disco fused song. Then goes to a darker place with its chorus. But it's not dark at all? An urban sound definitelty, but it's also not? It's a legendary song. It's weird, not Gaga weird, but a weird that she DEFINITELY pulls of. The song is kinda hard to describe and gets better with every listen. One listen is not enough to understand the song. The "I dig myself a grave" lyric is from this song.

Sine From Above 10/10 - The production, the vocals, the lyrics, This song has so many moments of perfection. It's a heavenly song. It's the album's philosophy. I don't want to contrast but I feel like I have to at this point. This song is everything what ARTPOP (the song) failed to do. It's both a banger and a naive song. That's what makes it so heavenly. Again, super super euro-pop. I don't love Elton's vocals tho. Too crisp. I'd appreciate vocals that are more focused on his bass. And the last 30 seconds - wow.

1000 Doves 6/10 - This might be the only (kinda) filler on the album. It sounds like one of those new Zedd songs. Fortunately the lyrics and the vocals are here to save the day. I feel like this song is pointless if you're not gonna push it to the radio, but I don't see Gaga pushing this for radio when she has so many radio friendly bangers in the album. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get more into it with every listen because it has a major chorus. But it doesn't come up to Gaga's standards in terms of production.

Babylon 7/10 - If I had been a good phagguette and haven't listened to the leak, maybe I'd give a higher point, but I did and for the love of me I can't understand why she didn't use that version. I always imagined this song as Gaga's Vogue. It kinda is, but imo it should've been 4-5 minutes long with that great instrumental + the Bowie sample. But still, it's a great way to wrap up Chromatica. It's kinda like saying - we went through a lot of pain, now let's be reckless and gossip about trivial things and call it a day. I like that.

How would you rank the album and do you think I was just?

All we need is love

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
herassisfamous
2 minutes ago, FunTonight said:

TL;DR your opinion isn't special or unique stop flooding the forum with your feelings of self importance

why would you be rude just for the sake of being rude tho? seems really pointless.

All we need is love

QueenOfSaigon
1 minute ago, herassisfamous said:

why would you be rude just for the sake of being rude tho? seems really pointless.

Tbh its just the toxic language in this forum...

but thank you for your review, I enjoyd it a lot

Esteban
2 minutes ago, FunTonight said:

TL;DR your opinion isn't special or unique stop flooding the forum with your feelings of self importance

I disagree, this forum is here to express our feelings. From this point, nothing or everything is important, it depends of the person. For example, I like to read how the fanbase react, it's like a celebration for all of us. If you want to do the same I'll read your opinion without any judgement about you or how you can be self centered, so chill ;) 

OOPS22
6 minutes ago, FunTonight said:

Let the man share his excitement. We've waited years for a pop Gaga album, there's no need for this type of behavior especially now. Reporting you. Let's be KIND! 

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

Lava

i agree for the most part. feel like pure **** just want haus labs babylon x

Guest Adarsh

I give it a strong 10/10 no one is making music like this right now. This is what gay heaven must be like. :nooo:

RudraCNG
11 minutes ago, herassisfamous said:

Ignore him. I've read him in another thread before and he's one of the most unpleasant users in here.

OT: I agree with almost everything but I just love Babylon. I can't remember the HL version and obviously I won't search for it rn bc I don't want to possibly spoil the final version, but I think the Chroma version is really really good tbh

herassisfamous
1 minute ago, Adarsh said:

I give it a strong 10/10 no one is making music like this right now. This is what gay heaven must be like. :nooo:

I know right? Dua was up to something but Gaga ALWAYS delivers new level of pop excellency :firega: 

All we need is love

Reality

The only thing I disagree with is saying that Sour Candy is better than Babylon, 1000 Doves, and Plastic Doll. I love those latter 3 tracks a lot, and while I still do really like Sour Candy, tbh, I'm probably not going to stream it as much as the others. 

🃏🖤👹

Guest Adarsh
1 minute ago, herassisfamous said:

I know right? Dua was up to something but Gaga ALWAYS delivers new level of pop excellency :firega: 

The transition from Chromatica III to Sine From Above alone STOMPS on any other release this year. Change my mind :nooo:

herassisfamous
2 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

I can't remember the HL version and obviously I won't search for it

The song is like a 9/10 if you don't have the HL thing to compare. So don't look it up lol. But I have a feeling they might release a remix of it. Or at least a fan will do a remix for sure.

All we need is love

Helix

I feel like 911 kind of goes nowhere on purpose? Like given the fact that the song is about Gaga's struggle with mental health and the ups & downs of taking anti-depressents / anti-psychotics / etc. it feels like it stays on sort of one note to mimic the way it can all really dull you down. At least that's how I interpreted it. 

Sumeet

1000 doves, Sine, 911,fun tonight, ROM, Alice and sour candy are the best. Didn't like the new version of babylon and free women..

Archived