💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Does Gaga need collabs to be successful now?

LaLuna

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Schwerk

They do help at this time and I'm glad she opted for it. Sadly I notice a lot of the GP doesn't want Gaga to be a popstar anymore. As if it's beneath her of something. 

It took them years (Oscars 2015) to realize Gaga is a not a masked weirdo popdiva but a pretty lady with a powerful stage presence. She then did all those tributes that year, just her at a piano and everything after was more stripped back (apart from the superbowl) and the GP ate it up.

They seem to want her to be Ally, not Gaga. Or they believe the real Gaga is the girl in natural make-up behind a piano. They seem to want her to be like Adele and sing pretty and powerful love songs. But they forget what a force she is as a popstar because they've never really seen it. 

They don't know Gaga can deliver impressive choreo, visuals and vocals all at once (apart from superbowl) and that thay is just as Gaga as her other side.

Take all those reaction channels for example. Everyone, even Gaga fans, requests Gaga doing tributes or acoustic versions of her songs as a way to show others how great she is. It's hard to find anyone reacting to a Gaga pop performance where she truly displays her versatility and stamina.

People don't seem to feel that way about Beyonce, I wonder why.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Suuus
22 minutes ago, Sinfullota said:

To be honest she does. Gaga can be hit and miss and without a good team, marketing and promotion she is not that amazing. I mean let's face it, ROM would never be this succesfull without Ariana and the same goes for Sour Candy, which has a huge K-pop fanbase backing it up.

That leaves the rest of Chromatica, which in my opinion has 3 good tracks on it and even those are generic at it's finest.

Oké debbie downer 

Suuus
4 minutes ago, Marjol said:

They do help at this time and I'm glad she opted for it. Sadly I notice a lot of the GP doesn't want Gaga to be a popstar anymore. As if it's beneath her of something. 

It took them years (Oscars 2015) to realize Gaga is a not a masked weirdo popdiva but a pretty lady with a powerful stage presence. She then did all those tributes that year, just her at a piano and everything after was more stripped back (apart from the superbowl) and the GP ate it up.

They seem to want her to be Ally, not Gaga. Or they believe the real Gaga is the girl in natural make-up behind a piano. They seem to want her to be like Adele and sing pretty and powerful love songs. But they forget what a force she is as a popstar because they've never really seen it. 

They don't know Gaga can deliver impressive choreo, visuals and vocals all at once (apart from superbowl) and that thay is just as Gaga as her other side.

Take all those reaction channels for example. Everyone, even Gaga fans, requests Gaga doing tributes or acoustic versions of her songs as a way to show others how great she is. It's hard to find anyone reacting to a Gaga pop performance where she truly displays her versatility and stamina.

People don't seem to feel that way about Beyonce, I wonder why.

I think its just a matter of taste

River

We needs the collabs, thanks.

I want more collabs.

And yeah, it was always the thing, the featured artist was the main reason for the success of a song, because it's just so exciting thing for music lovers to see 2 artists sings together.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

johnmonster

Does she need to collab? C'mon, y'all know the answer to that is no...:triggered: She is one of the most successful artists of all time. Do collabs help boost her visibility? Sure. They can tap into new fanbases and can make people who never really liked Gaga into fans of hers.

I think what's great about collaborations, and specifically with Gaga, is that you can see how she "plays" with other people and their voices. It's always interesting and exciting to see the dynamic between two people that you might never have expected to hear singing together! And I think with Gaga, she isn't one to just be like "okay here's your line now sing." You can tell she's very much involved in every facet of her music and wouldn't put out something she doesn't believe in. Case in point is "The Greatest Thing" with Cher. Gaga wasn't really happy with how it turned out, so she pulled out. Unfortunately, that was a huge travesty to the gay community...but at least the demo leaked. :firega:

goodjujuvibes

She is too iconic and too successful to need a collab to be successful. Literally everyone has come to love - or at least appreciate - Gaga over the years. ASIB and C2C really sealed that. She had major success with Million Reasons. But I think a collab definitely helps boost her success when it comes to pop dance music in the 2020s.

Ally Campana

Don’t have time for stupid topics like this. Nothing’s gonna ruin the album release day for me. Byeeeeeee :bye:

Does it matter? Damage is done

GagaUnderYou

It's not a surprise that a collaboration between two big artists/group will take off. 

/thread. 

Economy
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

When she's going for a pure pop song I think yes...
Otherwise, Million Reasons and ASIB soundtracks were hits without collabls (I know ASIB has Bradley but he's not a musician)

MR was promoted like crazy, plus superbowl plus iTunes discount week of superbowl to go top 10 for 1 week :rip:

Bradley is a big name actor and the fact that he had never done music I'm sure helped give it attention as did the hit movie

I think Gaga in general just hasn't been hit single material since 2013 tbh. On her own she gets very moderate hits at best :rip:

But hopefully she will get a boost from the era :enigma:

Lost N Conf

Two artists fan bases are always going to make a song do better than it would solo. This thread is dumb lol. 

JINNOCIDE

No.

Her feats on this album are a ultra hard smart move tho. She partnered up with the two biggest streams forces of the planet. She's solidifying her way into the stream era. The girl did it when people moved to digital, now she's doing it again it streaming.

People love to see this as a "shallow move" but honestly it's not like she only asked the girls to come up and sing to a already made track and lyrics. She brought Ariana to the studio to compose and sing, she brough the BP's producer to compose as well. She worked on the track with the producers. She's still doing the most even when it comes to collaborations. People tend to forget that.

Also it's not like it's only beneficial for her. This is BP's gateway to the US market (it's not like they needed help tho but this is huge nonetheless).

At the end of the day [it doesn't ****ing matter!], it's a win win for everyone, including us :vegas:

Stream Sour Candy :vegas: stream ROM :vegas: stream Chromatica :vegas::vegas::vegas:

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

LaLuna
3 hours ago, IndianGagaFan said:

Whining again. Earlier when she used to do 0 collabs yall begged her to do some. Now she's doing it and yall still aint satisfied. Homophobia should be legal sometimes i think. Gays can never be happy. 

FYI I've personally never begged for collabs. I've ALWAYS preferred Gaga solo.

nllittlemonster
3 hours ago, LaLuna said:

So in yesterday's thread that I made, I asked if ROM would've been as successful without Ariana, the answer was a resounding NO. And now I'm noticing how a lot of the positive reactions to Sour Candy seem to come from BLACKPINK fans. SL didn't generate nearly as much buzz as ROM and Sour Candy have. So what does this mean? That Gaga has to make collabs to be successful now? Or was SL just not it and other songs will fare better? (I haven't listened to the rest of Chromatica yet btw). What do you think?

the best from Chromatica already revealed, Rain on me, Stupid Love and Sour Candy the best from the  album

The other songs do not have the necessary rhythm to become mega hits.

Archived