💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga’s lack of production credits on the album

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

She really trusted these producers I’m so happy. I mean for years we’ve accused her of being slightly stubborn with directors and producers and it’s so nice of her letting them have artistic freedom which results to more cohesive type of music.

edengowon

whilst i would love for her to have a fully self-produced album at some point, it's clear from the zane lowe interview that she's getting back into production again and is becoming more interested in it. i'm really glad that she managed to create what seems like a cohesive album with so many producers!

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Lighter
5 minutes ago, Autumn said:

whilst i would love for her to have a fully self-produced album at some point, it's clear from the zane lowe interview that she's getting back into production again and is becoming more interested in it. i'm really glad that she managed to create what seems like a cohesive album with so many producers!

In a way yes but she ONLY produced the interludes on this one compared to Joanne wich she had credits on all songs isn’t that crazy

CautiousLurker

Same! Except I feel like a lot of people on here want her to do and excel at doing everything, which can first of all be very overwhelming and second of all, produce results that are either repetitive or underwhelming... A massive project like this album is ultimately a collaborative effort and it serves to the benefit of the album to let the artists working on it, including Gaga, to play to their strengths so they can produce the best work they can produce :vegas:

HasBeyn

She was in charge of the writing aspect of the album only this time.

Also lets not forget during the time Chromatica was made, she was super busy with writing ASIB,filming and promoting it on top of having Enigma residence too.

So its understandle she let the production part to others.

Allan

I came here thinking it would be a thread complaining about the lack of production credits but it took the opposite turn. I agree with everything you guys said :pawsup:

Lighter
9 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Same! Except I feel like a lot of people on here want her to do and excel at doing everything, which can first of all be very overwhelming and second of all, produce results that are either repetitive or underwhelming... A massive project like this album is ultimately a collaborative effort and it serves to the benefit of the album to let the artists working on it, including Gaga, to play to their strengths so they can produce the best work they can produce :vegas:

We know she’s best at songwriting and we should be proud of that. And it avoids a spaghetti ball mess since we know Gaga isn’t a producer by nature

Helix

Yeah I feel the same, like we know she's capable of doing anything she puts her mind too but it's nice to see her take a backseat a bit and really collaborate. 

Lighter
3 minutes ago, Helix said:

Yeah I feel the same, like we know she's capable of doing anything she puts her mind too but it's nice to see her take a backseat a bit and really collaborate. 

It turned out good cause this album is magical

CautiousLurker
Just now, Lighter said:

We know she’s best at songwriting and we should be proud of that. And it avoids a spaghetti ball mess since we know Gaga isn’t a producer by nature

and AND serving vocal performances :enigma:

Allan
Just now, CautiousLurker said:

and AND serving vocal performances :enigma:

Did she serve vocals on Chromatica? Because ROM and SL are pretty tame vocally, I though she was going for not so extreme vocals this time (please don't spoil the songs for me :ohno:)

ARTGOD

Knowing her she probably still had input on the production but didn’t wanna take the control away from her producers.

I still think a side effect is that the production on Chromatica often lacks some of the quirks that her previous work had.

I think the natural next step from the larger than life Chromatica is a smaller self produced album.

CautiousLurker
3 minutes ago, Allan said:

Did she serve vocals on Chromatica? Because ROM and SL are pretty tame vocally, I though she was going for not so extreme vocals this time (please don't spoil the songs for me :ohno:)

Oh you're in for a SURPRISE :enigma:

lavenderblondee

I could not agree more. :applause: Granted, I haven't heard the album yet, even just in the few songs we have heard. It was a good decision. 

felipi4546

I don't really care much about her producing, but she being the main writer is essential to me.

Archived