Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica is Gaga's Sunflower of Vincent Van Gogh

GipJo

Featured Posts

GipJo

I recently read a lot books of artists who go through pain in their life, and Vincent Van Gogh is my favourite.

Gaga is a artist who suffered a lot in her artistry, she used to poured her pain into her music, the most obvious one is ARTPOP, which is a total mess.

But in Chromatica, she translated her pain into her music with colour, dance, happiness, compromise, relief, acceptance. It reminds of Sunflower of Vincent.

Thoughts?

djBuffoon

I disagree with you on ARTPOP, it's a great album in its own right, but Chromatica is definitely the fusion of pain and dance that I expected the former to be. The emotion in this album is very palpable. 

Sassy McSass

I think with ARTPOP being a little messy we could see the work of someone in pain that was still in the eye of the storm (johnwayne.mp3). With Chromatica it’s like someone who’s been through a lot of pain - and may be still feeling it - but is in a place where she now has leaned a lot from it and embraced it as a part of life. I really loved you bringing up Van Gogh’s Sunflower, especially with the meaning sunflowers have to mental health awareness and suicide prevention. This just made my day so much better. :heart:

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

2 hours ago, djBuffoon said:

I disagree with you on ARTPOP, it's a great album in its own right, but Chromatica is definitely the fusion of pain and dance that I expected the former to be. The emotion in this album is very palpable. 

I don't think ARTPOP's intention was to ever dance through the pain though. That album is painful, lyrically, musically and physically (i.e what she was going through at the time)

Archived