💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Sour Candy Review

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

I just listened to Sour Candy and the song is amazing. The song sounds like a deep house song but with the typical Gaga weirdness. It feels familiar yet fresh. And just like with ROM, Gaga’s wired dark voice contrasts and at the same time blends very well with Blackpink’s sweetness (just as she did with Ariana). The song is short but it really does not need to be long since it is more about the feels and vibe than a story. I give it a 10/10.

SpadesToStart

I’ll be honest, my initial impression is not a great one. What’s there isn’t bad, but it’s way too short, and because of that the song structure is also confusing. It also doesn’t feel like much of a collaboration between LG and BP...like they each just sang their parts and that was it lol

rasclautmangos

It's not exactly my cup of tea and I knew it wouldn’t be, but I like it!

It is the PERFECT promo single, the audio has almost 1 million likes in 2hrs. 

I think it should remain a promo single though.

erikaisamonster
14 minutes ago, Quark said:

o<(0_0)>o

I just listened to Sour Candy and the song is amazing. The song sounds like a deep house song but with the typical Gaga weirdness. It feels familiar yet fresh. And just like with ROM, Gaga’s wired dark voice contrasts and at the same time blends very well with Blackpink’s sweetness (just as she did with Ariana). The song is short but it really does not need to be long since it is more about the feels and vibe than a story. I give it a 10/10.

It’s SOOOO GOOD!!!! She keeps delivering 😭😭😭😭 Her part reminds me SO much of The Fame Monster omfgggg I cant breathe 

xxx

Rudz Xinc

I agree with someone that said it's sounded like a mash up rather than a collaboration. They don't even harmonized together like ROM and SFA.

It shows that they recorded differently with 2 different writers (Gaga and Teddy Park) and try to mash two songs together.

It still a BOP though. It just could be better if they get to sit down and write and exchange feedback in studio. I bet it will turn out completely better.

It has to potential to be GREAT.

Look at those clowns

kp_centi

I listened to it first thing when I woke up. I'm just disappointed after hearing Rain on Me. I like Blackpink's music but like this literally just feels like a Lady Gaga album track. At first I thought Rose and Jennie only got lines, but everyone did. As far as BP Collabs, I really loved Kiss and Makeup, but this. S:

Glamourpuss

I love it. I literally can't get enough of it. Every time I listen I like something different, like right now my favourite part is the chorus and Gaga's talking parts but on first listen I was more into Blackpink's vocals and verses. 

Oh and the melody is soooo good. 

Ivy

Thank you for your review and I agree. I didn't think I would like this song since I don't care for K-pop that much, but I find it totally addictive 

Archived