💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

“Alice” is classic Gaga, reinvented

illbekind

Featured Posts

Ancient Alien

Gaga is really saving the best for last this time ugg. Alice slaps my astral beings out of my body into the rabit hole. :bradley::nooo:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderMagno

It's too short. It's criminally short. It has all these amazing sounds and ideas, but it doesn't build up on itself. It doesn't involve you enough. It needed to create its own path, to build itself up until the last chorus. Here, as soon as you start listening to it, you're already in the bridge.

But I agree. Alice is, easily, one of her best songs, and most of all she almost reinvented her sound with a unique melody and even unique vocals from her. Truly.

Unfortunately, it really is too short. It ruins itself. It could be indeed her "new Bad Romance", but instead it's an amazing idea that wasn't explored properly. In my opinion. Which makes me kind of sad, because damn I have to admit it, it's amazing.

I'm guessing the short songs are a nod to streaming, since there's a popular opinion that shorter songs are more streamable. Unfortunately, it has kept her from constructing a true musical masterpiece in pop landscape once again.

I'm afraid a few (not to say a lot of) songs in Chromatica suffer from this. I'm hearing some of the best ideas she has come up with in years, but lacked a proper production.

AyaKara

I couldn't believe that Alice was SO good. It was my least anticipated because I just don't feel Alice in Wonderland songs by pop stars. It is very overdone. And Gaga KILLED it. Shook is not the word :saladga:

Blueskye

Alice is my favourite, hands down. I just wish they used the pre-chorus (oh ma ma ma/I’m tired of screaming) part more than once. It should also be in front of the second chorus imo, it would fill the song out a bit. 

spector

i agree in that it's classicGa: even the ma-ma-ma hook is there. it's one of my faves, def. :diane:

stella + elliot = stelliot

Cheriedarling

Alice is one of her best songs :firega:i cried so much when i listened to it the first time Gaga voice with the 90's vibes ohmygosh , hah if she is lurking here as Boris and read us:stalkga: can say that would be nice if Chromatica could be a visual album ..

I'll keep looking for Wonderland

Sepsami
12 hours ago, Rudz Xinc said:

Alice is my least favorite after Enigma. :billie:

Literally my two faves wtf :neyde:

VasilisVas

Alice is a very good song. My holy trinity from this album so far are Alice, 911, and Enigma (which I think isn’t getting as much praise as it should)

Rudz Xinc
3 hours ago, Sepsami said:

Literally my two faves wtf :neyde:

Now Alice is one of my fave. :vegas:

Enigma still **** tho. :ladyhaha:

Look at those clowns

Archived