777 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Chromatica?

Featured Posts

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
macca
2 hours ago, high heeled fem said:

In Babylon the haus lab instrumental still exists doesn’t it ??Will Forte No GIF by The Lonely Island

No it’s totally different but better

Chromatography

i’m going to go with an 8.5/10

like someone said before, bloodpop’s production comes off as somewhat dated. some of the songs blend and sound too much the same. with btw or tfm, all songs sounded completely distinct. i really hope she ditches him for the next album or he’s more in the background and not on every single song. 

however, this is her most cohesive album in regard to sound and concept i think. the highs of the album are really high (personally my favorites are ROM, 911, replay, SfA, and Babylon). people were upset about the track lengths, but they were perfect i thought. the interludes are great. i’m a big fan of strings and they “reset” your ears. 

not sure if i like BTW more or not, i’d have to do a few more listens and sit on it. but i’m pretty sure she just will never top it, and that’s okay :vegas:

RAMROD

200/10

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Agagkills

4/10 ;  lower score probably because dance club is not my style of music . Most lyrics are beautiful though but I just don’t get the style of the whole album. Just not my cup of tea . 

I do have to say Fun Tonight is almost perfect, it starts beautiful then I start losing her then she comes back so it got me . 

Plastic Doll & 911 are catchy . 

Babylon could’ve been better but I can see half naked twinks going horny crazy at the clubs with that song .   😬 It also reminds me of Luanne from RHONY money can’t buy you class lmfao 

Sour Candy & Sine from Above are the worst boring yawn . 

Chromatography
2 hours ago, HybridAT said:

The way some of y'all can't even wait until the full album is officially out to make these pointless rating threads based on just leaks

D9RZ2CZXUAAEdRp.jpg

i’m listening on a NZ VPN, no leaks here. :vegas:

Xardas

OMG, I'm sad to say but I'm afraid I'm not gonna like it. I understand Gaga's conception and it's good that she's experimenting but just not my cup of tea. I love Gaga, I'll support her no matter what, but as far as my personal taste is concerned I'd give it a 5. Vocals annoy me, sound as if she was tired, I like strong vocals, but clear, not distorted. I'm happy some people like it, but not really my taste. For me Rain on me is the best on the album so far. 

IG: @bartoszprazuch

Head Empty

I voted 9/10. Four songs on there are instant favorites on the level of Bad Romance and Scheiße. Usually I only have one or two of those per album, and for Joanne I had none :sweat:.

There are 3-4 songs on Chromatica that I don't enjoy as much, but that happens on every album for me. So all in all I'm extremely happy :vegas:

Cuntalicious

After my first listen I would say a 7/10.

It's a decent album, some songs sound a bit dated and lean more towards dance music. Which is not really my cup of tea.

Thats stupid Luv

6/10 , some absolute stand outs (rain on me, sour candy, fun tonight, Alice are 8-10/10) , but lyrically I guess I felt it was a bit simple and the pacing and tone while cohesive throughout almost felt a bit too samey on some of the later tracks. I’m hoping it grows on me, it’s probably my fourth favourite gaga album behind BTW, FM and AP currently but it is more cohesive than AP so who knows if that’ll stick after a few more listens.

Glad everyone else is really enjoying it though, I realise I may be alone in how I’m feeling and my score will likely rise as it becomes more familiar to me.

Bonkiii
6 minutes ago, Thats stupid Luv said:

6/10 , some absolute stand outs (rain on me, sour candy, fun tonight, Alice are 8-10/10) , but lyrically I guess I felt it was a bit simple and the pacing and tone while cohesive throughout almost felt a bit too samey on some of the later tracks. I’m hoping it grows on me, it’s probably my fourth favourite gaga album behind BTW, FM and AP currently but it is more cohesive than AP so who knows if that’ll stick after a few more listens.

Glad everyone else is really enjoying it though, I realise I may be alone in how I’m feeling and my score will likely rise as it becomes more familiar to me.

In the Gaga universe TF, FM and BTW are 9-10/10. But I still don’t where to put Chromatica... At first I wanted to give it a 6/10 but I felt it’s a bit hard for a first listen to decide. I guess in the end I will like it a little bit more than ARTPOP...

btw: I like your profile photo :)

Thats stupid Luv
4 minutes ago, THROUGH MY CORTEX said:

In the Gaga universe TF, FM and BTW are 9-10/10. But I still don’t where to put Chromatica... At first I wanted to give it a 6/10 but I felt it’s a bit hard for a first listen to decide. I guess in the end I will like it a little bit more than ARTPOP...

btw: I like your profile photo :)

I guess I’m so in love with born this way, that when it wasn’t the 2.0 I was hoping for I set myself up for liking it less? I’m hoping I warm to it 🤞💖

BetrayedSTAN

I votes 6 

I love the direction and the 90's sound of the album .. Gaga's voice is phenomenal.. lyrically the album is good .. but man the production at some songs is super lazy, basic and repetitive (time for bloodpop to go away)

The album is a grower .. absolutely not her best (TfM still the supreme) but i managed to enjoyed it .

RedOneKonvictGaga
37 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I voted 9/10. Four songs on there are instant favorites on the level of Bad Romance and Scheiße. Usually I only have one or two of those per album, and for Joanne I had none :sweat:.

There are 3-4 songs on Chromatica that I don't enjoy as much, but that happens on every album for me. So all in all I'm extremely happy :vegas:

Which songs are you referring to? 

4 hours ago, Brecht said:

Alice 9/10

Stupid Love 7/10

Rain On Me 9/10

Free Woman 8/10

Fun Tonight 8/10

911 7.5/10

Plastic Doll 5/10

Sour Candy 7/10

Enigma 8/10

Replay 9/10