Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga, Pls Talk About George Floyd

hoeslay

Featured Posts

Miel
Just now, Dayman said:

I think it's more likely she will stay quiet right now. It always blows up in her face when she tries saying a specific message. I won't be surprised if she goes about it in a more "silent" way - or just at most does some retweets as a means to navigate it while still having it obvious where and what she stands for.

Yeah, I see that. Even retweeting Ariana's post would be something, you know?

Well, her, or whoever is running her social media accounts, haha.

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adarsh
8 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

Y'all are genuinely funny making excuses for a massively rich grown privileged person just saying. 

Don’t take this the wrong way but I don’t see Beyoncé or Rihanna talk about this issue on social media? They arguably have a bigger reach than Gaga. 

hardcore1996
6 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

Y'all are genuinely funny making excuses for a massively rich grown privileged person just saying. 

im not making any excuses for her. i wish we lived in a world where she, as a PERSON, not a “celebrity” could voice her sorrow about this but we dont. Not only because of her getting dragged but the fact is this: She is beyond famous and if she issued a statement right now it would flood social media and take away from the voices of POC who NEED to be heard RIGHT NOW. I think she knows that and I respect her for taking distance for the time being and I imagine she’s listening and learning to everyone speaking up right now who’s black and scared in america

PhuckGagaDaily
22 minutes ago, Terrence said:

She literally campaign for Hillary against Trump on 2016. Why is a popstar required to speak about this on Twitter? George Floyd IS already on all the news, why do we need artist to speak about this? Are they in politics? Are they doing business law? No, Gaga sings and this is far-left for her to speak about it.

I'm not saying I'm opposed to it, I'd be happy if she does, but WHY is she required to? Yes she has a big platform, and she uses it for the greater good for the most part when she isn't about to release an album (ex. last month), literally postponing her album.

She has made a song on Joanne about a black homicide if I remember correctly, Angel Down? It is not IRRESPONSIBLE of Gaga to not do anything, she is doing plenty of good in many other ways as well. People need to step away from Twitter. Now that'd be something good for society.

Imagine being this tone deaf

LilyLark
5 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

This thread is insane.

Black folks are being murdered by the forces meant to protect American citizens, riots are breaking out and the American President is tweeting about how he and his party want to control what can be put on social media, but your concern is having your fave tweet about George Floyd?

Do you think his family gives a **** what Gaga thinks about this?

Are you going to sleep better if she acknowledges it? Will your ego get a nice stroke knowing that your fave is the right level of observable woke?

Grow up, get off GagaDaily and pay more attention to your government and who’s in charge, rather than focusing on what social issues celebrities talk about and support. Because it’s elected officials and the people that work for them that are doing the killing.

This.

hoeslay
Just now, Adarsh said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but I don’t see Beyoncé or Rihanna talk about this issue on social media? They arguably have a bigger reach than Gaga. 

Hopefully they do! They haven't yet but I'm sure they will. They both BEEN champions for the black lives matter movement. 

PhuckGagaDaily

The racism is jumping out in a lot of these posts. Not surprising coming from Gaga daily tbh

Terrence
6 minutes ago, Jewelsdelove said:

Imagine being this tone deaf

get your brownie points, thanks for making a real change! :heart:

I have no patience or bullshit tolerance to twitter attitudes. Real change is action-oriented, not complaining on social media. Having a popstar comment about it on Twitter WILL. DO. NOTHING.

PhuckGagaDaily
3 minutes ago, Terrence said:

get your brownie points, thanks for making a real change! :heart:

I have no patience or bullshit tolerance to twitter attitudes. Real change is action-oriented, not complaining on social media.

Do you see me complaining on social media sweetie? Sit down

also not taking anything someone who has Lana Del Rey as their avi serious.

Terrence
1 minute ago, Jewelsdelove said:

Do you see me complaining on social media sweetie? Sit down

I can totally see you doing it. :billie: And I will never sit down, you can sit down and tweet about it

hoeslay
14 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

This thread is insane.

Black folks are being murdered by the forces meant to protect American citizens, riots are breaking out and the American President is tweeting about how he and his party want to control what can be put on social media, but your concern is having your fave tweet about George Floyd?

Do you think his family gives a **** what Gaga thinks about this?

Are you going to sleep better if she acknowledges it? Will your ego get a nice stroke knowing that your fave is the right level of observable woke?

Grow up, get off GagaDaily and pay more attention to your government and who’s in charge, rather than focusing on what social issues celebrities talk about and support. Because it’s elected officials and the people that work for them that are doing the killing.

I mean this a HUGE point to and you're absolutely right. 

LilyLark

No. And I say this as a WOC.

It's not really her place. She's not a politician, she's not even that much of an activist anymore even though she does a lot of charity, etc. Gaga is a massively wealthy white women. Even with the best intentions, she can be tone deaf at times. She's tried to educate herself and she's posted pro Black Lives Matter things in the past. But she got dragged for h*ll. Amy Schumer is currently being dragged to h*ll on social media for appearing on Diddy's show talking about BLM & having all her old skeletons dragged up. Gaga doesn't need that because she does have skeletons in her past.

Literally, one mild misstep and it can be badly hurt her career. She doesn't owe anyone that and frankly outside of stan twitter people don't give a sh*t about what celebrities post on these matters unless they have a history with BLM activism. 

rasclautmangos
5 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

Not cancelling her. Like I said, I feel like she probably will bring it up. This is just me trying to bring some awareness and make sure we're all thinking critically. 

What do you hope will be accomplished by Gaga tweeting a message on twitter, like what exactly do you think will come out of it specifically? (serious question, I'm not trying to come for you)

Do you want her to receive a pat on the back and some likes? Gaga hasn't said anything about a LOT of issues.

I LOVE my girl but nobody really gives af about what privileged white pop singer Gaga has to say on this issue right now, outside of giving her a pat on the back for it.  They don't care about Ariana either. If Gaga thinks of a way to help the issue in some tangible, meaningful way, then we will know about it.

She's not raising awareness and the cop has been arrested.

She MAY still speak on this, but to expect her to and get upset at her for not tweeting is f*cking nuts.

PhuckGagaDaily
1 minute ago, Terrence said:

I can totally see you doing it. :billie: And I will never sit down, you can sit down and tweet about it

Okay Karen

Archived