Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP is a strategic hot mess

KORG

Featured Posts

KORG

Now I've got your attention, I posted something a minute ago that I believe needs its own thread. I blew my own mind. Let's open the discussion.

ARTPOP is her most cohesive album. "we could belong together" and every track has a husband. Gypsy is about travelling, there are references to greek gods - which were named/paired with planets - and it had intergalactic travel lyrics. Then the fact that to blast off in a rocket you get high, and there are drug references everywhere.

I can't put up with her. Let me educate you.:huntyga:

For the ancient Greeks (before the age of telescopes) the night sky was thought to consist of two very similar components: fixed stars, which remained motionless in relation to each other, and "wandering stars" *(Gypsies)* (Ancient Greek: asteres planet-ai), which moved relative to the fixed stars over the course of the year.

Venus is the Roman name for Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty. The planet is so named because it is the brightest of the planets known to the ancients. It is the brightest object in the sky except for the Sun and the Moon. Venus has been known since prehistoric times. It was popularly thought to be two separate bodies: Eosphorus as the morning star and Hesperus as the evening star. *(2? Oh, we could belong together. I see)

lady gaga applause GIF

In Homer's the Odyssey, magic is described throughout the story. The goddess of magic Circe, is known for using potions and a magic wand. She used her potions to transform her enemies into animals. An example is in the Odyssey where she transforms Odysseus' friends into pigs. *(Or Swine, one might say)*

lady gaga cake GIF by Cheezburger

Sirens, as portrayed in Greek mythology, were sister seductresses—each half woman, half bird—whose beautiful voices lured unsuspecting passing sailors to crash their boats on the rocky reefs of the island on which the sirens resided *(like the GUY video?)*

music video guy GIF by Lady Gaga

Nepenthe is a drug similar to marijuana. It was used in Ancient Greece as an anti-depressant. Nepenthe is the Drug of Forgetfulness and Sorrow *(Drugs drugs drugs)*

lady gaga smile GIF

This has been a dissertation by the ARTPOP foundation of the world. I'm sure there's more to uncover. She took so long on the album, I think she probably bought 50 encyclopedias and just chose words from them that rhymed. The album was very much before its time, before any time, really, because you have to study for 10 years before you understand it. Peace and love. 

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I'm going back under my rock now.

Pennywise

The way I RAN here like... :triggered:

tenor.gif

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

• FATCAT changed the title to ARTPOP is a strategic hot mess
Lorde Von Kok

gaga: invented greek mythology :firega:

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Chromatica Island

I've bee fighting this s*it since 2013, still my favorite album of her's, well, until Chromatica comes out that is.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

AlwaysLoveGaga

You really had me about to post a gif without reading the thread:ally:

The really fantastic thing about kindness is that it's free -Lady Gaga

Chromatica Island

She's a genius thoLady Gaga Compliment GIF

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Yxilon

Do not forget queen DONATELLA VERSACE whom represents ancient-greek mythology inspired fashion!

:ally:

93522-2%201st%20pic.jpg

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

jprince99x

I was going to say that this is one of the most icon GGD posts of all time, but then I read it :triggered:

I aggree with all of your opinions but the idea of ARTPOP being a strategic disaster really just takes the cake for me

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

ElektrikUniCorn

I think ARTPOP has a narrative structure.

She starts with aura in a cinematic way (I killed my former and Left her in the trunk on highway 10 Put the knife under the hood If you find it, send it straight to Hollywood), then portrays her journey using art. The album finish with her true self 'Dope and Gypsy' . The whole Aura to Gypsy is like a theater, then the show is over and she gets her Applause.

For me it is her most cohesive album in term of story.

Come come, unwrapp me!

JRCF29
8 minutes ago, KORG said:

greek gods - which were named/paired with planets

So... Roman Gods?:billie:

Don't Call Me Gaga

qoqo

I loved the music since the day the album was released, but a few years later when I sat and listened to it as a whole while reading the lyrics and interpretations to every song on Genius - that’s when my mind was fully blown. This album is unbelievably smart, complex, fun and earworm-y. A pop masterpiece

JRCF29
1 minute ago, ElektrikUniCorn said:

I think ARTPOP has a narrative structure.

She starts with aura in a cinematic way (I killed my former and Left her in the trunk on highway 10 Put the knife under the hoodIf you find it, send it straight to Hollywood), then portrays her journey using art. The album finish with her true self 'Dope and Gypsy' . The whole Aura to Gypsy is like a theater, then the show is over and she gets her Applause.

But the reality is that even if  that was the idea, the album listens like a mess, and tbh I find some songs absolutely unbearable. Maybe it was "ahead of its time" but I tend to think it was just a misfire 

Don't Call Me Gaga

AyaKara

The Greek references and psychedelic parts of the album are cohesive. It's Donatella, Fashion, and some other songs that, although great Gaga songs, are confusing as to where they fit, and greatly change the pacing of the album :huh:

Archived