Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Short Songs - length < quality

jprince99x

Featured Posts

jprince99x

This the shortest song that I listen to regularly

1 minutes and 50 seconds.

I listen to this song, and it just feels so much longer than it actually is. If I never saw the time stamp I would think it is much longer. If a song is well written, it doesn’t matter. This artist has a song that is 18 minutes long, but I enjoy this one equally. 

this just proves that it’s not about length, it’s about quality. Hopefully Gaga will come through on the quality part.

Does this feel super long to anyone else? Send your favorite short song!

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

if you like the song so much and wish it was longer just listen to it again, I don't see what the problem is here :saladga:

HookerOnAChurch

Just remember that in the Beatles catalogue there are songs shorter than 1:30 and they've become legendary! 

jprince99x
1 minute ago, Brecht said:

if you like the song so much and wish it was longer just listen to it again, I don't see what the problem is here :saladga:

Did you read my post? I don’t wish this song was longer. I think it’s perfect. It actually runs at about 1:40 seconds without the silence at the end.

Just now, jprince99x said:

Did you read my post? I don’t wish this song was longer. I think it’s perfect. It actually runs at about 1:40 seconds without the silence at the end.

I was agreeing with you, sorry if my post wasn't clear enough, I struggle with my english a bit :huntyga: I was talking about the people who are complaining.

ryhanna

A good song is a good song. 

Honestly I want Chromatica to just be a fun album I can sing along to. Longer songs can get boring and be too full just as much as short songs can leave you wanting more. At least with shorter songs you can get more if you hit replay lol. You'd have edit a long song yourself. 

RudraCNG

Come on guys, you already knew it. We knew the lenght of the whole album and the number of tracks, so this is only how maths works.

2School4Cool

I’ve never really focused on the length of songs or albums before, but with everyone here talking about how short they felt the album is, I began looking into other albums I love to see how long they are, just out of curiosity to see if Chromatica was shorter in comparison (it’s the same length as roughly half the albums I listen to). I realized just how many songs I love that are 3 minutes or under that I listen to all the time but I had no clue they weren’t 3:30 to 4 minutes long. Length truly doesn’t matter, let’s be glad we’re getting 15 new tracks on Friday!

See The Best In Everyone

Gaga is Life

Yes sure it may sound good, and I have no doubt Chromatica will be a complete eargasmic experience like no other.

But intro, pre-chorus, post-chorus, complex bridge, and outro.
There is no time for all this done right in short songs with an epic chorus. 

jprince99x
2 minutes ago, ryhanna said:

A good song is a good song. 

Honestly I want Chromatica to just be a fun album I can sing along to. Longer songs can get boring and be too full just as much as short songs can leave you wanting more. At least with shorter songs you can get more if you hit replay lol. You'd have edit a long song yourself. 

Fast-forward to 13:25 :ally:
when most people think of long songs they imagine the same few chords being repeated over and over until it’s unbearable. I think it would be cool if Gaga put out a long concept song the caliber of what Elton John used to do, playing piano backed by a full orchestra and rock drums. I feel like I will be tired of her pop song format before too long, I think that’s why a star is born was refreshing for so many people. Like music to my eyes is her first song that Isn’t in 4/4 time. From what I’ve heard of chromatica it just feels like she’s rehashing BTW (I am still obsessed with the singles and snippets) I find myself listening to songs like brown eyes, government hooker, and just another day very often. Those song’s structures & style contrast her discography strongly and I hope we get some more of that contrast in chromatica.

yes and

Not really.
When I listen to ROM, I always feel like I need the extended end after Gaga saying final "rain. on. me".
If they did the same with all other songs (cutting a dance part and ends), then it's not that good  :emma:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

HeavyPunkLover

Imagine having length and quality like:

BLOODY MARY

SCHEISSE

HEAVY METAL LOVER

GOVERNMENT HOOKER

etc etc etc

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

ryhanna
4 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

Fast-forward to 13:25 :ally:
when most people think of long songs they imagine the same few chords being repeated over and over until it’s unbearable. I think it would be cool if Gaga put out a long concept song the caliber of what Elton John used to do, playing piano backed by a full orchestra and rock drums. I feel like I will be tired of her pop song format before too long, I think that’s why a star is born was refreshing for so many people. Like music to my eyes is her first song that Isn’t in 4/4 time. From what I’ve heard of chromatica it just feels like she’s rehashing BTW (I am still obsessed with the singles and snippets) I find myself listening to songs like brown eyes, government hooker, and just another day very often. Those song’s structures & style contrast her discography strongly and I hope we get some more of that contrast in chromatica.

Yeah, totally. A long song that experiments with different things would be cool one day. But short songs are good too. 

Putang Ina Mo
3 minutes ago, HeavyPunkLover said:

Imagine having length and quality like:

BLOODY MARY

SCHEISSE

HEAVY METAL LOVER

GOVERNMENT HOOKER

etc etc etc

*insert Yoü and I too! 

my username says it all 🇵🇭

Archived