💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

She learned!

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Seeka
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

Excuse Me? Who allowed you to talk to me like this? I didn't say that is the only reason for ARTPOP being a failure? 

Do you honestly think that song length is really any reason though?

All of the songs are under 5 minutes in length. Many under 4. Plus Gaga had another second single ****-up. And to be honest, Gaga was acting much like an album artist at the time. I don't think she was aiming to be a streaming idol. 

Plus, unless you can gather every single Fan's opinion on why they may or may not like ARTPOP (people who only hated it when it came out ended up liking it when Joanne was released), then you don't have a point. You made an assumption, of a wide fanbase. 

ARTPOP's failures did not come from not being built for streaming. And I don't think any album should be shat on for being what it needs to be. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Seeka said:

Do you honestly think that song length is really any reason though?

All of the songs are under 5 minutes in length. Many under 4. Plus Gaga had another second single ****-up. And to be honest, Gaga was acting much like an album artist at the time. I don't think she was aiming to be a streaming idol. 

Plus, unless you can gather every single Fan's opinion on why they may or may not like ARTPOP (people who only hated it when it came out ended up liking it when Joanne was released), then you don't have a point. You made an assumption, of a wide fanbase. 

ARTPOP's failures did not come from not being built for streaming. And I don't think any album should be shat on for being what it needs to be. 

This is an opinion thread, and I have stated couple of times 'In my opinion'. Please don't quote my anymore. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

beaublue
52 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

As we know, the duration of Chromatica album's tracks has revealed and the many of fans are furious about it - but I really don't have any complain except Babylon's one.

But if you try to comprehend completely, the duration is fine. ARTPOP would haven't get the backlash, if the tracks were shorter - many of the tracks dragged the music for a long time. Born This Way - length wise not a concern to me, but some fans really do find boring nowadays. Also, you have to understand in this fast world, peoples' attention span are getting shorter. Good for Gaga, Good for us!

She learned from ARTPOP, and in my opinion - that's fine!

“ARTPOP wouldn’t have gotten backlash if the tracks were shorter” 😂 gurl please read that again, track length wasn’t the reason. I actually analyzed ARTPOP & wrote a dissertation on why it was viewed as a “flop” & track length was nowhere to be seen in any capacity but I get it, you’re trying to prove those who are upset by the track lengths wrong.

beaublue
28 minutes ago, Mill said:

Guys, longer songs are dated and very 10 years ago. Move on! 

Shorter songs are dated & very 1950’s, read up on your music history 🙃

Delulu Rogers
40 minutes ago, Mister Gaga said:

the reach, the lies, omg

idk why but reading this had me laughing so much

PlasticDollGirl
3 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Shorter songs are dated & very 1950’s, read up on your music history 🙃

Dated? That’s why it’s a trend again... no one has time these days to listen to 5 minute tracks. 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

beaublue
1 minute ago, Mill said:

Dated? That’s why it’s a trend again... no one has time these days to listen to 5 minute tracks. 

If you have time to listen to an album of 2 minute tracks then you have time to listen to 5 minute tracks... it’s math luv

PlasticDollGirl
7 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

If you have time to listen to an album of 2 minute tracks then you have time to listen to 5 minute tracks... it’s math luv

No, 5 minute songs get boring and I end up skipping. I’ve replayed rain on me 1000x as it has so much replay value. Sorry but we live in the streaming era and clearly gaga wants success in charts and streaming 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Cerny
1 hour ago, Terrence said:

Literally who? It is considered her best album by half the fan-base

The other half

3b9c14a8-2a52-45b7-96x9kti.gif

Seeka
16 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

This is an opinion thread, and I have stated couple of times 'In my opinion'. Please don't quote my anymore. 

You did not state that in your OP. I'm not going to read past your first post of dissing ARTPOP to see your full opinion before writing my own. 

You wrote like a fact. And you make assumptions. 

Not to mention you skip over Joanne, which is a folksy Americana album built for more public consumption, has many songs of similar length to ARTPOP. 

You're purposely targeting ARTPOP even though Gaga has released three albums since then. One of which is fully under her name.

Oh and Shallow, her most popular song before ROM? 3:30. Around a similar length to some songs on ARTPOP and Joanne. 

You made a thread based on your opinion, yes. But people will press their own viewpoints in defense of their fav albums. And your OP? Not a pretty post. 

We all know why ARTPOP failed. It had nothing to do with being a streaming force. Gaga lost steam, rightfully so, and had to do her best to salvage an era that fell to pieces. Streaming numbers are bound to lower in a era that is collapsing upon itself like a balloon filled with holes. 

beaublue
4 minutes ago, Mill said:

No, 5 minute songs get boring and I end up skipping. I’ve replayed rain on me 1000x as it has so much replay value. Sorry but we live in the streaming era and clearly gaga wants success in charts and streaming 

Well thankfully you not liking long songs is an opinion & not a fact lol I personally enjoy longer songs & replay them just as much. I like when artists take the time to elaborate on their music & add contributing factors which help give more context & musical interpretation.

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, Brecht said:

I'm not complaining I just wish there was an Extended Edition of the album, like a Dance Party Edition where every song is like 5 minutes and there's no pause between them, one continuous thing.

Get into soundcloud, youtube and the download section of this site, there’s already extended versions of Rain On Me.

Lucas

I don't think it's related to ARTPOP, Chromatica seems to be following the basic formula to be a charts & commercial success, with hits producers, collabs with artists in their peaks, very commercial sound, short songs to increase streams etc...

Archived