Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Daisies: #40 on Hot 100

AMENiCURE

Featured Posts

Monsieur D

No shade, no hate (I kinda love her), but this is TRAGIC :madge:.

But I'm kinda satisfied, because the Katycats are so freaking annoying, they deserve this, Katy doesn't.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

We love a Top 40 and you're #40 comeback after serving back-to-back OUT-OUT singles :applause:

POPLOVER
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

My prediction was #11-#15. I genuinely feel bad for her. It may be top 40, it may have been her first single to chart since Small Talk, it may have been her best charting single since NRO but it shouldn't have been this way. Someone who has her big singles, views and subscribers should not be lucky to chart in top 40 with their lead single.

I agree, she used to be so huge and somehow she can still be relevant again, she deserves to chart way higher. I really enjoyed the song and the album is probably gonna be great. 
Concerning Daisies maybe with the official video it will chart higher :shrug: (the video that came out doesn't say OFFICIAL unlike every other video of hers, so they're probably gonna release a more professional video:D

IcePrincess

I'm happy because of katycats but I'm sad because of Katy. She doesn't deserve this but her fans do

johnmonster

This isn't a huge shocker. I love KP but this song is a bit of a snooze... but I'm still shook Never Really Over didn't crack the top ten. This isn't a huge shocker. I love KP but this song is a bit of a snooze... but I'm still shook Never Really Over didn't crack the top ten.:messga:

Dr Fudge

Starting to wonder what this means for her pop career. She’s not getting any younger (factually pop music is a young person’s game, unfortunately) and she can’t seem to catch a break. I know Witness went number 1, but no one can deny that it was the beginning of the end for her.

So what does two consecutive flop albums mean for an artist (on the basis of poorly charting singles)? 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

fede ARTPOP

And she did promo!!

Imagine SL having real promo with performances on opening week!:giveup:

Gaga you/we deserve better. :grr:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

RichAssPiss

I honestly never would have thought in 2013 that by 2020 Katy would be borderline irrelevant and Gaga would be back on top. Well played, Gaga. She earned her crown. 

KORG

Let's be real about this for a second. Daisies is not it. NRO was better, but still not it.

Katy's problem was that she sat herself in a niche that was easily accessible. You could literally imagine any other singer singing her songs as their own. Rita Ora, for example.

When she started getting flack as a bit of a 'woke' karen at the start of the witness era, she had a choice to make - bring out unquestionably great pop music or go through a much-needed reinvention.

She chose to go through a half-baked reinvention which lent itself to watered down Katy Perry music.

The path she should've chosen after a backlash and a downturn should have been to show artistic growth, nurture your core fanbase and expand on her reputation in order to grow it and bring some people back. It's basic marketing - you have to look after the consumer or they won't come back.

I have no idea why she didn't release an acoustic guitar driven album to solve all her problems. Or even going back to very sassy pop-rock like OOTB. Instead she found discount DrLuke knockoff tracks that didn't work for witness... and now this.

It's salvageable, but not without work.

bloody g

at least it charted

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

OOPS22

I know I'm an awful human being for saying this but...

Spoiler

YAAAASSSS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WE WON!!! 

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

JustJames
6 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

Starting to wonder what this means for her pop career. She’s not getting any younger (factually pop music is a young person’s game, unfortunately) and she can’t seem to catch a break. I know Witness went number 1, but no one can deny that it was the beginning of the end for her.

So what does two consecutive flop albums mean for an artist (on the basis of poorly charting singles)? 

Ask Gaga; Witness was arguably more successful in terms of its singles and GP awareness than ARTPOP was and if we consider NRO > Daisies as a followup era, it's followed a nearly identical pattern of Joanne. These are not chronological, but you can see a somewhat creepily similar level of performance:

Applause/CTTR: #4 

DWUW/Swish Swish: #13/#46

G.U.Y./Bon Appetit: #76/#59

--

Perfect Illusion/NRO: #15

AYO/Small Talk: #66/#88

Million Reasons/Daises: #52/#40

--

What Gaga did that Katy has yet to do is re-invent her sound to something that is fresh and relevant to her existing and/or new audiences and appropriate for a 36-year old mother. Even if she were capable of churning out TD-level bops, it wouldn't be appropriate or even on-trend. Gaga rose to fame due to her ability to mix dance, rock, pop, etc., and so her pivot toward a stripped-back era focused on her vocals as she matured was immensely successful. When you can act, sing, play the piano, and release music from any genre, you have a lot more options than when your success is concentrated into 4 years within 1 genre of musical style. 

When she signed onto American Idol, Katy should have really taken her career in a new direction. Her style of pop was never going to be sustainable, and even the rock-influenced One of the Boys wouldn't work in 2020. She has an endearing personality, and could have used AI as a launching pad to bigger gigs in hosting, TV, etc., while maybe continuing to release singles like NRO every so often / other HAC songs / singing as a feature. 

I assume her life has taken her away from the belief system that inspired her early Gospel days, which I think is unfortunate. Regardless of your personal religious foundation, that may have been a nice outlet for her. 

Archived