Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Chromatica: Reviews Thread

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

BladeRunner
29 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

umm.. LA times! (not nice :teehee:

They're so gonna give her a bad review. Totally predictable. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pedrohemg
1 minute ago, The Cure said:

Can someone explain how the weighing works on MC?

If the publications has lower points than the other publications, does it mean that they weigh a lot or it’s the other way around? 

First, some publications weigh more than the others, but we don't know who they are. Pitchfork may be one of them. MC won't tell us. Second, I believe if a publication usually gives 60-70, an 80 from it would generally weigh more.

Jollibee
1 minute ago, pedrohemg said:

First, some publications weigh more than the others, but we don't know who they are. Pitchfork may be one of them. MC won't tell us. Second, I believe if a publication usually gives 60-70, an 80 from it would generally weigh more.

Oh okay. Thanks! 

Anveeroy

Why they haven't added the reviews yet :billie:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

buzzkill
12 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Why they haven't added the reviews yet :billie:

They usually only update weekends reviews on monday :sis:

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, YaaaasGaga said:

I've never checked back on a thread so many times in my life

:ohwell:

Just now, jesse g said:

They usually only update weekends reviews on monday :sis:

Yeah, I noticed that but still impatient :enigma:

Anveeroy

4.5/5 - DIY 

Cast your minds back to 2010, when Lady Gaga hit the road in support of ‘The Fame Monster’ with a full arena tour so intricate and detailed that it included a fully functional subway car, a dress which moved of its own accord, and a gigantic angler fish-style monster. And for her, that level of production didn’t even feel too out of the ordinary. Theatrics and excess have always been a real cornerstone for Gaga as a pop icon and, after her more recent work, the emergence of ‘Chromatica’ - both her sixth album proper, and a new planet inhabited by neon-clad Kindness Punks - feels exhilarating. A return to form in more ways than one, ‘Chromatica’ sees Gaga turning back to the electro-pop dance floor which inspired her earliest hits and restyling it for a 2020 audience. From the seductive house beats of ‘Replay’ to the maximalist addictiveness of lead single ‘Stupid Love’, it’s a record packed to the brim with euphoric beats and sizzling grooves. It’s also one of her most honest and open records yet; ‘Free Woman’ is a 90s-indebted reclamation of female identity, ‘911’ sees her talking of antipsychotic medication, while the Ariana Grande-featuring ‘Rain On Me’’s refrain of “I’d rather be dry, but at least I’m alive” feels like a powerful statement of vulnerability. Proving that pop can indeed be personal - an internal battle her infamous Ally of A Star Is Born faced throughout her ascent - ‘Chromatica’ goes some way to show that integrity and high octane pop songs can, of course, still inhabit the same space. Infectious, exciting and even a little hedonistic during some of the most confusing of modern times, now’s never been a better time to get lost in this new destination.

Anveeroy
Just now, Haldy said:

Because it was Observer UK (80) that was added, not DIY Magazine's 90!

Yeah, i got it - but the observer won't make any changes? That's shocking. 

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived